How do you make a good sandwich?

How do you make a good sandwich?
Is it the bread? Or is there certain lunch meats you go for everytime?

I'm starting to eat more sandwiches but they always come out bland. I prefer sausages for the meats such as salami or pepperoni. But normally I just add meat cheese and mayo then call it a day. Any suggestions on how to spice things up?

>always come out bland

stop using shit-tier ingredients.

You are very right, which is why I would like to know what I should be using instead.

Try a Cuban on sourdough crisped up in the pan, lately it's my go-to.

This.

At most two different types of meat
And add some vegetables to it: pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, go crazy. If you just have meat and cheese of course it'll be bland.

As a turkey sandwich lover, most important ingredient is good bread. I would say mayo is also important

Use a wrap and gril it

Something acidic like pickled vegetables are a must for me. Pepperoncini is a must for me.

>cucumber
>pickles
>lettuce
prayers

>meat
>cheese
>mayo
this has to be bait

Welcome to Veeky Forums, the board where fucking spastics ask how to make a sandwich

Heres some very "strong" tasting sandwiches for you with less than typical ingredients:

>Braunschweiger
(cold) liverwurst, swiss, red onion, s&p, pickles, optional horseradish, on rye
>Reuben
(hot) corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut, russian dressing/thousand island, on rye
>Italian Club
(cold) salami, pepperoni, capicola, provolone, lettuce, olive oil, basalmic vinegar, tomato, banana pepper, on italian
>Elvis
(fried) Peanut butter, banana, bacon

the king of them all is pic related ofc

OP here, I tried a sandwich with more stuff on it

Turned out much better

>Elvis
It's known a Fools Gold Loaf you cretin.
I bet you're a fucking millenial.

Why have you done this?

>cheese on a Reuben

Not kosher m8

>asking a food question on a food board
I know right? The nerve of some people.

Because I wanted to make a better sandwich. So what I did was toast some potato bread in a pan with light olive oil. I seasoned it with a little salt and pepper because I saw Gordon Ramsay do it (I know someone will hate this). I added light mayo, topped that with some lettuce, chopped serrano chilis, and raw red onion. The cheese I used was muenster, and then salisito turkey and pepperoni.

The flavor was much better than the other stuff I've made so i'll experiment with it more.

>Turkey
>Honey and clove cured ham
>Melted Mozzarella
>Coleslaw
>Cranberry
>Between a sliced soda farl

The board where people like to complain about posts more than talk about food.

soft bread. it can't be dry or scrape your fucking mouth, and it can't be soggy and fall apart under mousture like the wonderbread garbage

you need a good sauce too, like memeioli, memeracha or memesand island

different textures are a plus, so fresh lettuce, onions, peppers, pickles, etc. But no tomato, it is a proven fact that raw tomato ruins everything it touches.

contrasting flavors are a plus most of the time, like something sweet and something salty, something creamy and something bitter, etc

Sounds great. Just do the same but with different meats, cheeses and vegetables. It's not rocket surgery.

Here.

>Full Baguette bread
>Layer both sides with generous amounts of smooth peanut butter
>Salami, ham, Lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, pickles, American cheese
>Add in potato chips and herb cream cheese so you have some crunch and salty creaminess

You can also toast it. My other go to is baguette with peanut butter+tuna salad+pickle flavored chips

Cucumber on thick white.
Salted French butter.
Cut the crusts off.

I meant the massive slice of bread on top and the small one at the bottom

Almost every sandwich is tasty witch lettuce and chive. Best combo for me was lettuce, chiva and spain bull ham. Deli-fucking-cious! Tomato is always good too.

Take a walkalk into your local Subwayâ„¢
>FOOTLONG
>Herbs and Cheese bread
>Italian BMT
>Lettuce
>Onions
>Cucumber
>Jalapenos
>Honey Mustard Dressing

You now know the perfect sandwich.You are welcome!

Olive Oil and garlic powder on the bread. Enjoy every sandwich tasting like heaven.

Corned beef and brown sauce is amazing lad

>garlic powder

Never, ever use this abomination. You could have created a far superior olive oil infused with garlic in about the same time it takes to open the powder jar.