Who's hyped?

Who's hyped?

this is impossible to translate, you're getting scammed desu

It's already been translated.

I'll get it used
Don't post again.

It's like a translation of Finnegans Wake. Why even bother?

>Bottom's Dream

Nothing like poorly-veiled homosexuality

Why do anything?

>he doesn't know that John E. Woods is the greatest German translator alive.

>being this pleb

basically got it on preorder desu senpai. im excited.

>Fanny's Illusion

>Ass's Hallucination

>Butte's Reverie

It's true. I've read some excerpts in german and the whole point is that Schmidt was a translator himself and tried to explore double meanings, for example "exakt" written as "egg-sackt" for sexual wordplay. It won't work as purely english because the german double meaning would be lost. It's a pretty bourgeoise and pun-heavy work either way tbqh.

>translated by

lmfao

yeah have fun with that and the new Marvel movie buddy

>five ones
truth

pents of truth

>explore double meanings

when i read schmidt, i'm, most of the times, under the impression that his puns don't mean a thing, they're just that, puns, at times pretty cringeworthy ones, nothing to do with 'exploring meanings'. and what are all the misused hyphens and parnetheses supposed to mean? (honest question)

Yeah, that's basically my problem too. It's not like I really put my mind into his work or something but it seems to me that he wanted to explore Freudian concepts in connection to language, i.e. you say a word with syllables that have sexual connotations in another language. But basically, if he didn't put as much work in it and his style wasn't considered out there, people would realize how corny and outdated most of his more abstract prose really is.

bump

*bourgeois

It will be shit.

Peter Mathiessen will be the new meme novelist.

Read and translation by Woods and say that again, you enormous gaylord.

Isn't this like translating Finnegans Wake? What's the point?

I am.

>Fundament's Fantasy