Spanish Literature

Does Veeky Forums read books in Spanish? Spanish translations or books originally written in Spanish, it doesn't matter.

Pa ke kieres saber eso jaja salu2

I read books I've already read in English, in Spanish. I do this to help myself learn. I have a backlog of several indigenous Spanish books I want to read, but I still feel as if they are slightly too difficult, and I hate using a dictionary for more than a few words per page.

I have all off these, which would you recommend an intermediate reader undertake first?

>La Vida es Sueño
>Cien Años de Soledad
>Las Venas Abiertas de América Latina
>Don Quixote

I can't really speak Spanish these days, but Don Quixote is 10/10

>implying translations are ever okay

Macedonio still too hard for me, alas

Mátate

Cien Años de Soledad is the most entry level.

'El Capitán Alatriste' and 'La vida es un sueño' are good for intermediate levels

Las venas is patrician. You should read it and no matter how much time it take you is worth

Borges is god-tier.

Some poetry is good, like Leopoldo María Panero.

Lately I do have problems trying to recommend a good Spanish-speaking author. None of the contemporaries seem to stand out.

Who is the most patrician spanish writer

Cien años de soledad is great but I would reccomend you go fot something shorter first, like el coronel no tiene quien le escriba.
Don Quixote is not just old, the style mocks the retrovintage writing style of the books it is mocking.
Since you are probably studying contemporary Spanish I would leave it until you reach an advanced level.
Using a dictionary is much more convenient in a kindle, and it will automatically make vocabulary flashcards for you.

Just to let you know, I've just finished Fernando Arrabal's (el milenialismo va a llegarrrr) "La torre herida por el rayo" and it was not bad. Pretty funny story, reminded me a little of Pynchon's V, although Arrabal's writing isn't nearly as good as Pinecone's. You can check that nerdish paranoid sense of humor Pynchon shows, but prose isn't really Arrabal's strong point. However, it's a short read, 250 pages or so, so give it a try if you find it in a second handed book store just like I did.

daily reminder spanish is by far the most irrelevant of the major european literary languages

reminder latin america produced less than 5 actually good writers despite the spics trying desperately to market their drivel to gullible middlebrow pseuds

Galeano isn't patrician, user. It's chavista de Twitter tier. Another rich communist who made a life of selling shitty aphorisms and medias verdades interesadas.

Who are those actually good writers?

Did you anons ever read something by Juan Benet?

Nadie puede con el gato
Nadie puede con El Barto

I started doing a spanish lit chart, so i need some recs.

So far i have only magic realism-era faggets.

Volverás a Región, by Benet
Something by L.M. Panero
Arlt's El Juguete Rabioso
Nadie Encendía Las Luces, by Felisberto Hernández
Something by Macedonio Fernández

Is there anything like spanish maximalism?
I know 2666, but i haven't heard about other works on the same vein.