Do you drink coffee in the evening? Does it affect your sleep?

Do you drink coffee in the evening? Does it affect your sleep?

Coffee gives me gas.

No.
Yes.

Of course it will.
General rule: never drink
Tea, less than 4 hours before sleeping
Coffee, less than 8 hours before sleeping

I always found it hard to sleep though, so ymmv. I think this is a decent rough guide though.

The bolder the coffee the less caffeine it has. After dinner coffee should always be bold or extra bold.

No, but I do drink it with breakfast and lunch, it does not affect my sleep.

shit dude, I wake up in the middle of the night and drink all the leftover coffee and then fall back asleep. if you can't sleep you should do more with your body during the day, not deny yourself coffee.

>bold
Do you mean burnt as fuck? Because that's what anything beyond a medium roast is.

If I drink coffee anytime after 3 pm, I'm fucked and can't sleep. I'm an insomniac anyway, so I only drink coffee in the mornings, and tea until noon, and then it's only water or herbal teas for me.

Light roast in the morning.
Dark roast in the evening.

Dark roasted beans have less caffeine than light roasts do.

Yes

I drink 5 to 7 cups a day. It doesn't interfere with my sleeping habits. But I would also say I'm not healthy.

I drink coffee every evening. Coffee helps me sleep because it is a decongestant. Without coffee I suffer from sleep apnea. I literally depend on coffee to function normally.

The difference is negligible

Tell that to my morning shits.

Switch light with dark and see if there's a difference

>former Starbucks store manager
>coffee master
Light roast does indeed have more caffeine, but it's really negligible. If you really want more caffeine, drink a robusta blend, or just robusta if you hate your taste buds.

Mostly a myth, if by "bolder" you mean that the coffee was roasted darker than "medium."
And what said.

It takes somewhere between 15 to 30 minutes for your body to start taking in caffeine from a cup of coffee. By the time it hit you, you might have already fallen straight to sleep.

I assume you still work at Starbucks. Have you guys had many Trump cup idiots?

I don't anymore, so I can't speak to that. However, with the red cups last year, I was surprised that, at least while I was working, I only once had a person ask for Merry Christmas on their cup, so I wrote "Mary Krismus". They eyed me, but didn't say anything. We were also in a rural area that's 93% white-christian-conservative as well, and most people that brought it up were saying that the butthurt over the red cups was dumb. The media always blows this shit out of proportion more than anyone.

Bump

The longer the duration of the roasting process the more natural caffeine is sapped from the bean...it's science. Naturally I'm assuming a whole bean coffee or at least freshly ground beans and not some Maxwell House garbage...but yeah it's true and not a myth.

I roasted my own coffee for several years.

6:50pm Got the house to myself tonight and I'm about to. Will report my findings. May God have mercy on my soul.

Your clutter is triggering me.
>all the dust on all the little things

Your kid has a vuvuzela? You fucking madman!

6:58pm as I grind these beans in the midwinter gloom I wonder if there are things man is just not meant know.

Most things don't get a chance to get too dusty. A little dust is good for books keeps 'em dry.

7:09pm how many of my ancestral kings died with the bitter taste of the cyanide all but masked by their amigdalyte? Is my fate also so sealed?

The womenfolk aren't of it but he lives it and I wanted him to learn how to blow a horn. He only wishes he could blow it as loud as I can though. A boy's reach should exceed his grasp.

What does my future hold

>almond milk and carrot cake
For what flipping purpose?

For the shorties

Have you never had carrot cake cereal with almond milk before? Peasant.

He's young yet

cow milk has estrogen in it

>mfw it's dawn tomorrow and I shouldn't have had that coffee

Whenever I drink coffee at night and it just makes me feel warm, fuzzy and slightly drowsy.

Sometimes I'll sit on my bed bundled up like pic related and drink coffee and get that warm fuzzy feeling from watching cute girls doing cute things anime.

You sound like my kind of weirdo - not!

i only drink coffee before 11:00 am, after that i drink tea and on occasion soda

>physical games
>physical books
jesus you could have like half that room back if you were not stuck in 1996 with all the physical media

enjoy getting cucked out of your game licenses when support is dropped for your console.

You don't own shit.

>not pirating everything that doesnt require multiplayer
is this nigga serious?

>oh hey this is a good game, i like it a lot
>i'm not gonna buy it because it's above my principles
>unique game never receives a sequel
>no games with those unique gameplay mechanics are ever produced again

>unique game
what? the gaming industry is in the shitter already user, basically every game the comes out is garbage call of duty tier bullshit. i have not seen an original IP/gaming concept in years

in both your replies to me, you revealed that you're a PC gamer, play only multiplayer games, and they're all AAA cinematic shooter garbage.

Your opinion is worthless.

>PC gamer
yes because its superior in literally every way possible, if you disagree you are not only factually wrong but too retarded for me to continue further discussion with.
>play only multiplayer games
nice reading comprehension (thats sarcasm in case you are actually too retarded to understand that)
>and they are all AAA shooters
see above

>i'm so autistic i need to defend PC gaming in a coffee thread on the cooking board

What do PCfags even play all day?
Literally every single notable franchise of the last 20 years has started out as a console exclusive and PCucks only get to play it 5-10 years after the console it was on stopped being sold.

dota

>Literally every single notable franchise of the last 20 years has started out as a console exclusive and PCucks only get to play it 5-10 years after the console it was on stopped being sold.
Not that guy but that just is not true and you know that.

why do people drink this shit?
literally whats the point if you have to add so much shit to it for it to even taste passable?

Counter strike
Sims
Dora
League
Wow
Amnesia
Loads more to lazy to list

Drink better coffee that isn't Taster's Choice Instant

10:40pm feeling fine. Replied to my girl in prison. Christmas was her birthday so I dispatched a missive. She's doing well. I could probably go to bed if I chose but I believe I will stay up later. Almost considering having another cup.

Texture, user. I have it for its texture.

are those rubber mats?

What I mean is it all tastes bitter as hell
who would willingly eat or drink something so bitter?
its like eating literal shit and adding sugar to make it passable

Yes, I love having coffee before bed, I do it most nights. The caffeine does nothing to me, I would have to drink probably 6 cups for any effect

yup

Only bad or poorly made coffee is bitter. Again, drink better coffee

its one of those things that only adults like, give a few more years kiddo

coffee has cured/treated so many of my health problems. It really is wonder drug, the caffeine anyway.

I wasn't questioning the use of almond milk, it's good stuff. But why dump your slice of cake into any milk at all?

To sog it up obviously

Yeah, but why not use coffee?

why do people drink this shit?
literally whats the point if you have to add so much shit to it for it to even taste passable?

>add so much shit to it for it to even taste passable?

wait, are you talking about craft beer or what?

10:30am after suffering no ill effects I an back at it again. Hopefully no one will ever discover my shameful habit

Why not just use coffee for everything? Fill up the car and drive to Mexico! The cat drinks decaf from now on!