When's the last time you had authentic Polish food, Veeky Forums?

When's the last time you had authentic Polish food, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

viamichelin.com/web/Restaurant/Warszawa-00_460-Atelier_Amaro-345126-41102
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapusta_kiszona_duszona
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never. What is that? Will I stop hating poles if I eat it?

That's the most pathetic looking stuffed cabbage I've ever seen.

>catsup on gołąbki
kill yourself

being a nigger is terminal, sorry to say.

Last time I was in Poland.

Nice dumplings

>ketchup
>one single leaf of cabbage per roll

This is just sad, this is just plain sad. Please try to do a better job next time. Do you need some advice?

About a year ago I was at a friend's house and his polish grandmother was there making krautburgers. They were great.

last night when i ate my polish gf out. she talks in polish when she cums.

At a restaurant called Veselka in Manhattan growing up there I miss it. Good potato pierogis and blintzes.

Few months. Might be time for another batch.

I always eat superior ukrainian cuisine, of that counts

Polish food is on the level of Mexican """"cuisine""""

I can't even name a single polish restaurant with 3 Michelin stars

Atelier Amaro you dumb faggot. What are you, some culinary pleb?

>Atelier Amaro
viamichelin.com/web/Restaurant/Warszawa-00_460-Atelier_Amaro-345126-41102
One star.

Congrats. On the same level of spics, as I said.

>judging an entire culture of food based popularity meme stars

Big Mac with a side of Edgy

Last time the plumber stopped by

You shouldn't eat polish, OP. To many chemicals.

who cares about michelin stars, you pretentious faggot?

What kind of soup is that, user?

In October. I went with my partner to a Polish buffet in the suburbs of Chicago. It was mediocre.

>not knowing what bigos is
why are you even here?

>my partner

Looks like sauerkraut soup to me.

i had polish neighbors growing up and they invited us to eat dinner with them every christmas. their food was literally disgusting and i hated it every year we did it

It's a heterosexual relationship, the words boyfriend/girlfriend just make me uneasy because adults do not date boys or girls.

>The woman I'm dating
>The man I'm dating

Take two fucking seconds to think of other phrases to express you're in a relationship and you won't sound like a complete faggot. On second thought, business as usual. YOU ARE a complete faggot, so have at it little buddy.

lmao you LITERALLY got triggered that someone might be gay you fucking fruitcake

Hmmm... What's a more efficient way to express myself... One word or four?

Oh yeah, one, so I'll say "partner" instead of being needlessly verbose.

Also saying "the woman I'm dating" or "the man I'm dating", or "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" for that matter, leaves just as much ambiguity about whether the relationship is queer or not as just saying "partner", because I never specified my own gender. It doesn't change anything, retard.

Bunch of fucking millennial faggots. Go get in debt or something, it's what you're good at.

>she thinks millennials are real

why are you so triggered over someone saying "partner" instead of boyfriend or girlfriend? are you fucking Boomer or something? kys.

lmao shut up grandpa go back to listening to your elvis records and reminiscing on how you lost your legs back in 'nam

You could just say "I went to [insert shitty establishment]" instead of "my partner/gf/bf and I went to [insert shitty establishment]" since conserving letters is something you're passionate about and no one gives a shit about your imaginary friends. This conversation is literally [redacted].

>literally [redacted]

My comment was marked as spam when I used the word "reddit."

we're all male here is if you're dating a man you're obviously a fag.

My polish wife and mother-in-law make killer pierogies, using a family dough recipe. Potatoes and cheese, kraut and sausage, plain kraut, haven't tried the traditional plum(?) filling yet. Once a month they make 300-400 at a go, my wife sells them at work. At any given time, I have a few hundred pierogies in the basement freezer that I have to pretend don't exist.

Mother in law also hooks us up with stuffed cabbages, and a friend gives us homemade kielbasa once in a blue moon. Not bad for a casual American. My city has a large Polish/Ukrainian population.

It's kapusta, not bigos.

a few weeks ago when my whore of a mother cookes something out of roots and it taste awful so we get drunk instead and i lock her outside tell her to go home

I keep wanting to make piergogi, but without fail I end up making gyoza instead

What are those? Boiled tumors?

I agree with this.

I would probably go insane if there were no Polish shops in the city I live right now.

They are the only places that have good ham, sausages, and red meats.

Polish food is usually influenced by their cold climate and lack of availability of spices. Their foods are usually heavy on meat, fats, and filling stuff like potatoes or dough based stuff like the pierogis dough.

For example this are "kopytka". They are made out of potatoes, flour, and eggs. They are amazing delivery system for fatty meat based sauces.

Czech cuisine > Polish """cuisine"""

My mother's side of the family is literally Polish, so I literally have Polish cooking almost every day. Off times it's usually golabki or kapusta, but most often we usually just have potatoes.

Also,
>ketchup on golabki

>ketchup on golabki

What the fuck is wrong with people. Jesus fucking christ.

Is it really that far from tomato sauce? We put ketchup on hamburgers, which also have ground meat. Is this that much of a stretch?

I just find it disgusting in the same way italians find ketchup disgusting on pizza.

It's fine to cover them in tomato sauce and bake in the oven to get the kind of dry carmelized tomato sauce, or even just have a proper tomato sauce with it, but ketchup is just wrong.

But to each their own I guess.

Fucking saveges.

>ketchup on gołąbki
>authentic
i shiggy diggy

Some tips on the polish food:

When you do cabbage rolls take the cabbage pieces and 'shave' some stem off of the thickest maddle part of the cabbage so it is not as thick at the bottom, cooks evenly and is more tasty. Salt the shit out of the cabbage water.

After you roll them up top them with tomato sauce thinned out with a bit of the cabbage water. Some old people like it with just cabbage water and no tomato sauce.

When making Sauerkraut and Kielbasa pre cut the kielbasa in 1cm thick slices so the juices go into the kraut. Also before cooking add caraway seeds and brown sugar to make a more bavarian/carpathian style.

If you are hungry for Kolaches try checking out Kolache factory if you have one in your area. Suprisingly not bad.

If you want more German-style bierrocks then try Runza. I have to be in the mood but they have their place.

I make my own kielbasa. Ground Pork shoulder, marjoram and garlic. Leave in large ring, hang in smoke chamber and smoke at 160F. Delicious.

>being this mad because a single anonymous person used the word partner to refer to their significant other

kyscuckfamalamdesusempai

wait the dish itself is called kapusta? i just thought kapusta was the polish word for cabbage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapusta_kiszona_duszona

Well, I live in Connecticut, so I get to enjoy Polish food all the time. The best stuff is at the Cracovia and Staropolska restaurants in New Britain.

uh...never. Shut up buttwad.

Literally everything about Poland looks disgusting.

I live near Pittsburgh, so I have pierogi, cabbage rolls, and haluski a few times a year.

I actually made gowamki and pickled cabbage for my roommates the other day. Good shit. Too bad it's a hit or miss cuisine.

>Polish
>The same as Mexican

Look, The Philippines is Asia's Mexico, and Poland is Europe's Mexico.

But, in terms of cuisine:

Mexican > Filipino > Polish

Besides kielbasa, pierogi, gowamki, and Polish vodka (liquid food), Poland ain't got shit.

everything about u looks disgusting

>poland ain't got shit

This from someone who lives in a country barely 200 years old. You pathetic white trash.

Call me when a restaurant in Poland gets three Michelin stars, let alone one.

American food is literally superior to everything except British, French, and Japanese food.

why are yanks so obsessed with their meme stars that they got by copying other countries' food

This.

Two days ago.
I'm polish so it doesn't count.

poland is a disgusting place, why are you surprised?

>actually putting groats in gołąbki
Nice. Did you put pea in the kapusta? I see you've got some mushrooms in there, kapusta with pea and mushrooms is Christmas Eve tier/10.
You can also make an okay lazy tomato sauce using tomato concentrate, sour cream, water and whatever spice you want.

2006. East Village. It was the 150th or perhaps 200th time going out for Polish food, and by then I was starting to realize it sucked. My "friends" sucked, laughing at their stupid "jokes" sucked, trying to be friendly sucked, everything was just way more effort than it was worth. So I said this is the last time, and I'll just stay home and get drunk alone from now on. I've been doing that ever since.

Sometimes I think about trying to cultivate a social life again but then I think back and remember how horrible it was. Being alone sucks but being around people is much worse. Then I say oh maybe it was just that particular crowd. So I go out and try to talk to new people and nah. They suck too, in the exact same way. And I can tell they can tell I hate them, and I neither want to hide it nor can I if I tried. They're shit people and they should know it. I'm a shit person and they're right to not want to have anything to do with me. So I spend the next week trying to purge the awful "just socialized" feeling from my brain. Last round was about a month ago, I'm only now feeling better.

That's what Polish food makes me think about.

Maybe nyc people just suck

I've lived in several other countries and US cities. The problem is not unique to NYC.