Visiting America soon. What are the must try American foods and fast foods?

Visiting America soon. What are the must try American foods and fast foods?

I'm Australian btw. So I've had mickeyds and KFC.

Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas Best burger in the country sports pub none. Get the quadruple bypass a side order of flat liner fries, shot of vodka in a medicine bottle and a butter fat shake.

Frank's BBQ.

It depends on where you're visiting. All the interesting American food is region-specific.

Why would you fly halfway around the globe to one of the top food destinations in the world just to waste your time with garbage fast food?

My budget mostly. Plus american fast food is iconic.

He didn't say only fast food. He said American food and fast food. I'd do the same thing because I'm curious as to what white castle and popeyes tastes like. I'm also Australian like OP.

Where will you be going?

>I'm curious as to what white castle and popeyes tastes like

It's garbage fast food: it all tastes like garbage.

So what do you recommend, I will have room in my budget for some up market places really have no idea what's good. Just check restaurant reviews?

Hawaii which I'm told isn't the most american part of america but I'm expecting it to still have some good food.

Try a place called Boston Market.

>hawaii

Shit, brah. You should have said that right off the bat. Which island(s)?

Get someone to bake you a nice, southern homemade mac n cheese! Not that boxed shit.

Not op, but best moco loco on Oahu?

In n Out if you're in Cali.

This, and the Habit is worth a try too.

I gotta say Foster's Freeze, Chick Fil A, and Sonic, but I'm a bit weird.

Grab some Soon's Kal bi

Maui and Wakiki

fug just found out waikiki isn't an island lel.

I guess oahu then?

papa ole's aina loco
get it with the mushroom gravy

>wants iconic american food
>goes to hawaii
yea, no, you stupid haole, that's not how it works

I'm sure it has mcdonalds though.

waffle house

it depends on where you're going, I live in New England and we don't have half of the fast food places I see talked about here or advertised on TV

ok asshole, chick-fil-a, chipotle, five guys, popeyes, panda express, jimmy johns, firehouse subs, sarku, dominos pizza, papa johns (meh). literally all i could think of. desu use yelp, should point in you in the right direction with your jew budget

>literally just a hamburger on rice with an egg on top and gravy

I already know what it tastes like before I've eaten it, why bother?

you know nothing jon snow

Boston Market is shit. Try Steak n Shake or Rallys

i dont know this meme

Looks like Japanese.

There are a lot of Japanese Americans living in Hawaii

mmmmmm

fucking gross

Nah, it's good.

>implying there's anything more american than an avocado, bacon, and egg spam musubi

fancy ah you, staying at the hyatt

That's just a google image.

I grew up mostly on Kauai; only really ever went to Oahu for concerts/events/field trips, and because that's where the main international airport was.

Stupid weebs

Ausfag here who travelled around america earlier this year.

In n Out is mad overrated my dude, it tastes like a standard fish n chip shop burger, with nicer sauce. Carl's Jr just tastes like HJs so don't get that either unless you're very curious. If you're going to D.C or NYC I can recommend you some very good restaurants (moreso for dc), but otherwise the following takeaway joints are good:
>chipotle (everything has coriander in it though, be warned)
>popeye's
>chick fil a
And that's it.

thanks for the info

We have a lot of good asian food. Japanese, mostly. We don't have any Sonics, Chipotles, Chick Fil A's and other chain fast food restaurants. We have a lot of delicious local cuisine though.

If you get a chance, you have to try pic related (though it's limited to the Midwest).

> t h i c c cheeseburger
> fat crinkle-cut fries
> the best ice cream you'll ever have from a fast food joint (their ice cream is seriously amazing)

>We have a lot of delicious local cuisine though
What the good stuff you recommend trying?

I've marked down loco moco.

hit up helena's for hawaiian food

Hawaii has Lappert's ice cream.

I'm from Amarillo and holy shit is this place GOAT.

Loco moco is something you can easily recreate on your own. Listen to this guy and try the short ribs, lau lau, squid luau, kalua pork. Also try some real poke (it's a fad right now on the mainland, but the real stuff is much better). Also if you're driving and you see smoke coming from the side of the road it's either huli huli chicken or someone burning garbage. If it's huli huli chicken pull over and get yourself some. And if you see little girls set up a table like a lemonade stand but the sign says "malasadas", stop and buy a bag of them. Saimin and manapua are Hawaiian variations on saimin and steamed buns, but are both tasty and cheap.

Luaus are super hokey and touristy, but if you look one up that serves decent food it could be fun to drink unlimited mai tais and make fun of all the fat American tourists, if you're into that sort of thing - not that they're cheap.

Sometimes as you drive by there are local shrimp shacks or just seafood shacks. Just pick one that looks good and stop in. I have never had a bad experience there as shady as they sound. They are about as fresh as you will ever get them.

Also seriously, get the musabi, spam on it for it to be Hawaiian. It really is good.

Is there a shittier establishment anywhere in the world?

Spill your spice drawer on the carpet. Congrats, youve just made white castle.

>not even going to continental US

delet this

>five guys
>doninos
>papa johns

Why wouldn't he take a trip to the best state? The one that every American would go to for vacation if they could afford to?

You sound angry, flyover.

If you're in Texas, go to Whataburger. It's better than In-n-out.

Hawaii doesnt have any of the (((noteworthy))) food he wants to try. it has all local shit

>fly halfway around the world
>go to texas

Thanks, gave me a chuckle.

>noteworthy
>fastfood

Pretty much all fast food is regional, dum dum, and all the nationwide chains are in Hawaii.

>It's better than In-n-out.

>best
come on now, lets be real. hawaii is cool because it's got its own vibe, way different from the mainland, but there's choke fucked up shit with it
this, he wont get his "american" cuisine, but i think that's ok, he just has to go to the mainland later. hawaii is its own little unique place because it's diversity done right.

America is a huge country with many regional cuisines. You would have to be more specific to where you're traveling.

any risk of food poisoning?

Hawaii

again, all the fast food that ever gets discussed is in continental us. thats the shit hes thinking about. hawaii does not have chains except for mcshits which he already gets in aus. all the people telling him to go to fuckin sonic and hardees are brickbrains. plus fast food sucks to begin with

>hawaii does not have chains except for mcshits

>posts obscure local 'raunt that no ones ever talked about on this board before

you only go to zippys for the chilli loco moco and the lilikoi drink
shits so expensive now days, might as well and hit up your local plate lunch place

Well, there is always a risk no matter the restaurant or food. I have never had a problem. They catch whatever it is you ordered like an hour ago tops maybe.

alright i'll give it a go if i see it thanks mate

ho yup!

Enjoy your SPAM and Hawaiian barbecue, then.

Number 1 rule in Hawaii is that the sea water cures everything, and they don't have those great whites or bull sharks or whatever you got in 'straya, just normal tiger sharks and hammerheads.

These are in California now

>i don't lurk hawaii threads, therefore nobody has ever talked about these things on Veeky Forums before

I've never been to a braun's or a whataburger because I've never lived in a flyover shithole, but you don't see me crying every time someone talks about one of them, do you? (First time I've ever actually heard of Braun's.)

It's hard to just list things...we have a lot of good acai bowls. Don't bother going to Lanikai Juice. If you want something unique, go to a place called Banan, they serve soft serve desserts made of bananas. Like a froyo shop, but healthier! Waihole Poi Factory is a good place for hawaiian food, so is Helenas Hawaiian and Peoples Cafe. I don't want to send you to big popular restaurants, because most of the time they are just overhyped. It really is the hole in the wall places here on Oahu that has the best tasting foods.

Holy crap, I just remembered more crucial ideas. GO TO LEONARDS BAKERY. Try a malasada. Leonards has the best malasadas on the Island. Liliha bakery has delicious poi mochi donuts. There is a place I like that serves Okinawan food. It's called Utage Restaurant and Lounge. I seriously just have a huge sweet tooth and recommend having a malasada!

try Rainbow Drive In. it's near Waikiki

>Waihole Poi Factory

Fuck. I just looked through the pics on their yelp page and I'm feening right now. Looks legit.

NYC giant Pizza slices.

When I was a Kid.. Yep NYC has those!

What to order there?

looks lush son

Spaghetti w/ wiener plate special.

Alright will get.

btw this is a patty melt on texas toast. you can get one at whatburger. go for a chic fil a chicken sandwich. go for street tacos. try cajun crawfish when in season. also smoke brisket. maybe a steak house. five guys burgers.

do u guys have asian food? try pf changs or we have vietnamese thai and chinese. maybe stir fry mongolian grill?

>do u guys have asian food? try pf changs or we have vietnamese thai and chinese

Not sure if trolling or legit retarded. If you're actually serious I'd recommend you open up Google Earth and take a look which countries Australia is closest to.

>pf changs

Fucking hell, user...

but muh lobstah roll

Wow, what a faggy fuck you are.

I'm beginning to think that you should use a little of your own judgement rather than blindly following the advice of Veeky Forums.

Homemade mac n cheese with some cornbread is life itself.

>go to Chicago
>get aurelios pizza
>cum buckets

Seriously, you havent had food unless you've eaten aurelios fucking pizza

Maybe its just that I haven't eaten in a while, but that actually looks really tempting to me.

Check out Five Guys, their fries are top class