Has someone here fucking cracked the code already?

Has someone here fucking cracked the code already?
I'm in a good university, I'm not poor, I'm with the girl I love and I still feel like shit throughout the day
How can I change this? Keep the "kys lol" comments on /b/
Philosophy books recomendations would really too.

I cracked the code. What do you want to know?

How did you do it?
How can I not feel like shit throughout the entire fucking day even tho my life is perfectly fine

none of it matters you're both going to get old and die

not telling you to kys but lower your expectations

Live a life of the spirit.

Look into spiritual disciplines like zen Buddhism and philosophies like stoicism.

Take up meditation, 20 minutes a day is good.

Consider how everything is constantly changing and consider your connectedness with every living thing on the planet.

Perform kind deeds for no reason. Release any grudges and forgive those who have wronged you.

This is not meme advice. Do these things and you will be happy.

And if that doesn't take, go talk to a priest.

if you really feel like shit all the time, see your doctor about this. It could be depression. Highly treatable these days. Good luck user.

I have been feeling better lately, because i've been lying myself about my own happiness, but then this afternoon i almost offed myself.

Trying to be happy is hard.

Thank you user, it means a lot to me

I identify with this. I'm at a good university, I'm intelligent, I have a decent chunk of money saved, I'm not with a girl right now, but I'm fine with that. At the same time, I can't help but feel like my life is slowly either hurdling toward the abyss or slowly sinking into it.

One thing I think that bothers me a lot is how stupid the average person is. I don't even mean in IQ, but logical analysis. It seems like the average American is happy to be ignorant. I just can't help feeling like I'm surrounded by farm animals grazing in a field with no consciousness.

Please talk to your doctor about this. Therapy helps, trust me

This came off as really neckbeardy - I just mean that it saddens me to see that, even at the higher levels of academia, people still really go through life knowing nothing, and being glad to know nothing. I feel like this is one of the saddest parts of humanity that I experience daily.

I have software that's engineered to help crack codes and I have the knowledge for it. Make a thread over at reddit.com/r/codecrackers and we can help you. We help a lot of people with cracking codes but just be aware not every code can be cracked due to limited information.

have more sex than you're having and drink more.

Reading philo will only exacerbate it

I have seen a lot of doctors (7 actually), but they always say that it's nothing serious. I've always been the 'intelligent', logic dude, so they think i'm too smart to actually kill myself.

I want to start writing as a therapy to purge my soul tho. What do you think about that?

>too intelligent to kill yourself
Do they not realize there's a high correlation between high IQ and rates of suicide and depression?

These might be the exact causes for the way you feeling.Take up something way difficult and strive for it.For some the military life does that.

I dunno, I used to think about it all the time and then I started taking meds and have never have since. Every time I came off I just wanted to kill myself so I went back on. Now I don't really think about it ever and I'm at a placebo dose more or less. Worked for me.

Exercise and eating healthy genuinely makes me feel better about every aspect of my life. Running every day has a similar effect to me that other people attribute to meditation. I still pore through books trying to crack the code like you say as well. I'd recommend different books depending on your experience and taste, so can you tell us what those are like op?
I don't like the idea of putting problems out of mind with any kind of drug habit but if it's a change in perspective you're looking for, mushrooms are a legitimate possibility. They affect different people differently but a common thread is that they enable you to look at your entire life in ways you never considered and most importantly you don't keep doing them -- one or two sessions is more than enough. Acid and a few other substances could be of interest too but I have no experience with those so won't try to push them.

I also kind of think serious depression is always about a conflict between desires / values and life situation. The problem is often just dressed up as intellectual but in my experience it's nearly aways more to do with loneliness or fulfilment (lack of). There's also a cool theory that depression is a selected for trait because it's essentially a way of making you think about something that's making you unhappy for a really long time, I ended up re-prioritising and am now basically happy.

I read the old man and the sea and stopped hating life. Helped me realize that I should enjoy the present and stop worrying about shit that happened in the past that doesn't really matter.

It was Catholicism for me. been Catholic my whole life, but never really until 3 years ago.

really it made you do that? for me it made me want to seek solitude.

>I'm collecting all these external markers of success that people tell me should make me happy and yet im not happy
Happiness doesn't come from the things you have. It doesn't come from outside you in any way (and moreover, unhappiness can only come from outside you if you haven't satisfied lower needs like comfort or security, which can block out your mental life).

Happiness comes from the way your emotions respond to life. It's a functon of what you think existence is and why you think it's valuable. Reform your reaction to life to assure happiness and you'll have happiness.

My advice? Read about the major religions and applied philosphies like stoicism - not to take them as doctrines, but to examine cases in which people have attempted to systematize a reaction to life with the goal of well being, so that you can extract the mode of thought and then decide for yourself how you'd like to think.

youre less deceptable to bolts of authentic joy because youre so concerned with the idea of your life. 'I'm with the girl I love' is not an experience. laughing and fucking are experiences, and im sure you're happy when you experience them (assuming you can keep from getting in the way of enjoying those things by asking yourself if your enjoying them, or why you arent). Just focus on what you're doing at any given moment and realize that your enjoyment of life has nothing to do with your interpretation of the narrative of your life, and go from there

I've been afraid of what people think of me my whole life and put myself and solitude to try and ease those fears. The book helped me realize that any mistake I make or great thing I do will be forgotten like when he arm wrestles a nigger for 2 days, so it's no use to obsess over everything I fucked up on and I should focus on the goal I have in front of me to try and make my life pleasant to remember when I'm old and dying.

Buddha cracked the code 2500 years ago and so have thousands of his disciples
Just sayin'

Read some Jung if it suits your taste, might put you on the right track, tough there is no guarantee

>a selected for trait
I don't know about this theory specifically, but in terms of how natural selection works, positive selection only occurs if it increases your reproductive success (which is all that matters in natural selection). It's more likely that some kind of mutation that is responsible for depression has become common in humans because it does not get selected against (it doesn't reduce your likelihood of reproducing significantly; i.e. depressed people have sex too). But there are other mechanisms of evolution too, I'm just speculating here.

This is good advice. However, I find that I cannot be a good writer while I live with this mindset, so I constantly fluctuate between being depressed+productive and being blissful+irresponsible.

You have everything I want. Stop being so fucking ungrateful. Let's swap lives, please.

I see depression more as a result of environmental factors. The way the world works doesn't give people a sense of belonging and purpose. People are looking for something to believe in, but there's just so little left.

You still wont like yourself when you get all that shit.

Yes, I can agree with you there. Other environmental factors contributing to depression would include childhood abuse and trauma for example. That would be "learned" depression. But I think there is also research that suggests heritability in depression. A complex interaction of genes which predisposes an individual to depression. Idk, something to consider. People like to fetishise depression as something resulting from intelligence, "I know how the world really works" sort of thing. But there are intelligent people who aren't depressed. Loads probably (citation needed).

>when
>implying it will ever happen
good one, user

Also, I do like myself, I'm just incredibly lonely and have nothing to do with my life except read all day and it makes me feel like shit.

I mean, that is all I normally do. Well, I also drink a lot.

No complaints here.

Maybe try studying instead of just reading? Latin and Greek are extremely rewarding same with French and German.

Even stupid STEM shit is worth studying sometimes. cybrary.it is a cool place to waste time. Who knew there were so many fucking classes of IP addresses?

Learning languages is an incredibly unexciting experience for me, so I don't think I'll attempt that again, unless it's Japanese. I've wanted to learn Attic and Koine Greek for a long time, but it's just boring. But Japanese has an interesting writing system that seems like fun.

As for STEM stuff, it is interesting. I'm interested in computers and working on a degree in Computer Engineering, but I'm currently stuck doing prerequisites in mind-numbing community college due to shit grades and financial limitations.

Attic (and hence koine) are both languages I hace studied and continue to work with.

Of course studying declension and conjugation tables is boring af but once you get through it it is a whole new world. And it is patrician af to be able to read attic and latin.

And, desu, even just having read the freaking bible (and knowing what youve read) is patrician. People dont care about their heritage anymore but still respect those that do.

Good luck with your degree, user. I think if you have a mind for computer engineering, you ought to be able to study languages as well. It is the same kind of rote learning before ROI that you will find in CS.

Change up your diet and start exercising regularly. Make sure you're getting enough sleep at night. Stop drinking alcohol.

Cheapest fucking anti-depressant regimen you will ever be prescribed.

>Why am I not happy? I have all of this material and socially constructed abstracts that are supposed to make me happy but they don't

Find something else then, like fly-fishing or helping out at the local dog shelter

underrated post

chance my diet to what?

Well I used to be incredibly interested in universal linguistics and would create my own languages, but devoting myself to learning one language to the point of fluency is just horrible. I've learned programming languages and from my experience they are very different from actual ones. They tend to be based on English words and don't have conjugations and endless exceptions to every rule.

Not really desu

Just try new foods. Start cooking for yourself. Try out novel and unusual recipes. If you eat a lot of fast food, cut back or stop altogether. Eat more fruits and vegetables.

Regular exercise and consistent, high-quality sleep are really the most important, though.

Take the Veeky Forums pill, friend.

four years ago I was in my last year of high school, I came out as gay and I was fucking fabulous, I dressed really well, I had bleached hair, all my social media shit was on point, my phone was blowing up all the time, I had lots of friends, I was getting incredible grades, I got into the best university in my part of the country, and I was fucking a closeted black guy with a girlfriend who was super hot and had a huge dick and was the most popular guy in the school. I was happier than I've ever been or have been since, but then the summer before I started uni I had a nervous breakdown and had to quit my job because of anxiety. By the time september came around I was well enough to comfortably go to school, but it's changed my life ever since. My own worry is so much of a burden that I couldn't handle the added stress of making choices to get dressed and having non-natural hair so I threw out most of my clothes and shaved my head. I deleted all my social media and stopped having sex. Right now, I'm a friendless, asexual English student who has only three outfits that I wear about three days in a row each. I work 6 hours a week and I live in a tiny apartment in the neighbourhood of my city that has the highest murder rate. I give all my energy to school and to reading, and my grades have stayed high. I'm alone at home all the time unless I'm at work or in class or running errands alone and I don't communicate with the accquaintances I have from work or school except for face to face. I see my psychiatrist once every month, I take medication for anxiety, and I choose not to do anything about my chronic dysthymia. I study American literature and I'm about to start my masters. I've been happier, but my life has never been better.

Sounds like you had some sort of biological gut-reaction to your own Dionysian degeneracy.

There's a similar feeling to Arabic when first learning its alphabet

humm, I like that.
I've also secretly become a fascist

>Learning languages is an incredibly unexciting experience for me
Idk how this is even possible for someone who likes literature. Few things have ever been more interesting and satisfying to me than learning a language. It just opens up entire new ways of thinking about writing and thought and perception and so much else

I feel like we would be good friends. I'm in a similar situation as far as my sexuality goes (that is, I'm attracted to men but remain celibate due to the degeneracy of the act) and also feel the urge to neglect any kind of pleasant appearance. hmu, nigga.

Kek, Röhm you old fagmaster is that you?

Well I've spoken German my entire life due to multicultural family, and I learned some basic French from high school classes and a bit of my own studying, but I just don't think there's any other language as perfect and beautiful as English. When I read German literature it just seems so clumsy and pedestrian compared to English writing, but maybe I'm just an anglocentric bigot. I'll say that I don't think it's a coincidence that Shakespeare wrote in English.

I can't really take German seriously either, not because I think it's objectively bad, but because as an English speaker it sounds like a retard speaking English to me, especially once you start knowing the words, it's just too much.

There are so many beautiful languages though, surely you find French beautiful?

>pedestrian
Actually, ignore that. Utilitarian is a better word for it.

I've never really gotten any satisfaction out of French, to be honest. It works, I guess, but it feels a bit narrow. There isn't a whole lot of phonic diversity when everything is slurred that much. I concede that German is more beautiful than English when it's spoken rather than written, but I think that's just nostalgia due to my mother reading German stories to me when I was young.

I read this book called "How Not to Die" and it gave me a pretty good idea of what healthier eating looks like.

Would it help if I told you that you aren't that smart?
>slowly hurdling
You didn't make the Olympics, mate.
Even if you had put hurtling it'd still make fuck all sense because hurtling means moving at high speed.
Revel in your stupidity, then invest in a dictionary.

Grendel by John Gardner

This thread really really helped
Why didn't we have this thread way before

follow stoicism or hedonism, faggot.

EXISTENTIALISM IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR BRO

We have this thread eight times a day. Fuck off retard.

Start taking control of your life. Philosophy will only confuse and paralyze you here. Stop thinking about actions, just do them. Stop surrendering to 'the they', and let your dasein take over.

Exercise and eat well. Sleep a health amount. Happiness lies in your path if you do.

Depends on what type of happiness do you want.

>you're both going to get old and die
Nah, cheer up. Maybe you won't get old.

Then don't try to be happy. Just be however you are.

For me the present is what makes me depressed.
#allalone

Let go of blame, it will never serve you.

Attaching yourself to Buddhism, zen, tao, or any other other sort of feigned enlightenment is only a meme. No human knows enough about this life. Figure it out as you go, as we all do

being depressed to write well is a meme and deep down you know it is.

your favorite writers were not depressed.

>How can I change this?
You can't and you shouldn't try. You'll have to accept that you are fundamentally an unhappy person. There's no shame in that, in fact there's a lot of pride in melancholy. Constantly trying and failing to be happy is a waste of time, it's terrible and it will lead to suicide when you inevitably abandon the wild goose chase. Suicide is counterproductive, unless you find a Mainlaender-esque way to make it interesting. There's no external source of happiness. If you become happy somehow it will be by chance, but most likely you will stay miserable forever. This is not a bad thing. Since I realised that happiness is irrelevant my life has become much better. There's a lot to be said for sadness and if you do it right it can be just as rewarding as happiness.

Sublimate your sadness into artistic pursuits. Eventually you won't worry about being happy, only about being productive. Many of the greatest artistic minds have been miserable. Take your place among this illustrious company.

>buttblasted OP detected

>You're materialistic
>You're not actually with the girl you love

Hating yourself it a normie thing, stop being a normie.