Pescatarian

Hey Co/ck/s,

Should I restrict my animal protein intake just to fish, and for what reasons should I or shouldn't I?

/How can I get more fish regardless in my diet, recipes, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=103
chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sns-201502030000--tms--premhnstr--k-d20150204-20150204-story.html
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dated a pescatarian once. It was fucking awful; only marginally better than vegan.

Yes. It is objectively the best/healthiest diet.

>restrict my animal protein intake just to fish

enjoy your anemia bro

>Should I restrict my animal protein intake just to fish, and for what reasons should I or shouldn't I?
Why?

Also you can make some bretty gud shit from fish. The other day I made some tilapia with dill weed (haha), lemon juice, pepper, and garlic salt. I cooked it for 5 mins on high with some vegetable oil and it came out nice and crispy.

Meme Millennial diet

The purpose of this diet is not health, it's too tell every fucking person you meet that you're a pescatarian and then explain it to them when they inevitably ask what that is and then you get to feel like a smowflake

No, mercury accumulation is no fun. Be sure to eat small fish when possible. Tuna is not a good choice; sardines, herring, and salmon are.

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=103

It's been around for fucking thousands of years you Trumpcuck

It was common in the past because of local availability of foods restricting diets. People ate that way because they literally had no choice to unless they were richass royalty. Now with international trade and modern farming practices, such a diet is no longer necessitated.

You can't deny the health benefits. Just because you don't agree with it and think people who do it are hipster new age fags does not male that the case. Stop trying to impose your arbitrary views upon others and mind your own business fucko. I don't shit on you for choosing to eat meat do I?

If you live by the ocean it's easy, you just gotta eat some of the less desirable trash fish

What are the health benefits? Honest question.

Do you ask your parents to spoonfeed you too?

5 seconds on google chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/sns-201502030000--tms--premhnstr--k-d20150204-20150204-story.html

Nothing like a nice dose of heavy metals and way too much methionine!!!

Nothing like a nice myth to steer dumb Americans away from the marvels of healthy seafood!

>better listen to the myth that eating a lot of fish is unhealthy and eat heavily medicated beef and fast food McChickens for my protein durr im retarded

FTFY

>make claim
>Ugh why do I have to support my claims why can't you do it?

the idea that fish is somehow healthier than other meat is a myth

just like "essential fatty acids" is a myth

Next you'll be saying that homeopathy is a scam.

Fish has less saturated fats than red meat. Of course that doesn't mean red meats are unhealthy, far from it.

Fat is 9 calories per gram. That's all that really matters at the core. Having a good amount of unsaturated fats is necessary but having fish every meal is overdoing it.

My GF is pescatarian. We don't eat fish often though. She gets most of her protein through Lentils eggs and peanut butter. There is still plenty of good food to cook as long as you don't go fill vegan. Nutrients to worry about are iron and vitamin b iirc

A news article isn't a source

>In two other studies, subjects who ate vegetarian diets, including pescetarian diets, had lower BMIs and a substantially lower risk of type 2 diabetes and death during a six-year study period than those who regularly ate meat and poultry.

So the health benefits of a pescatarian diet are just lower BMI and type 2 diabetes? Two things which can generally be avoided by limiting the intake of carbs.

Also need more details on those two studies because I can't find them.

>Two things which can generally be avoided by limiting the intake of carbs.
Spotted the lardass

??? Not lardass at all

Americans ingest way too much carbs and there is some genetic predisposition for type 2 diabetes.

Saturated fat is the healthiest fat.

>Having a good amount of unsaturated fats is necessary
It's absolutely not. There is no evidence of this. "essential" is just a marketing scam. There has never been any proof showing that these oils are essential since Burr's faulty studies in the 20s. You are relying on almost 100 year old faulty studies when you call those oils essential.

These faggots are draining our oceans and destroying vital ecosystems.

Don't eat fish

>8413448
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good

I don't know what you're on about with the essential oil thing. Polysaturated and monosaturated fat is in every diet whether you know it or not.

Everything in moderation. Just use common sense. Be a pescatarian for religious reasons, not for the health benefits.

Why did you post that link? It's not a study, it's not facts. It's someones opinion.

stop projecting

The purpose is as always, to sell people that they don't need, because what we need is to our paper to buy and cost more. In this case, make people don't eat something and buy more supplements to get that here instead.

Now when every chink and their mother eats tons of sushi instead of traditional pork, there's no way back from overfishing. Well, it's a joke but please do enjoy your local freshly cought fish because your grandchildren won't have this privilege 95% A nice references are the history of Newfoundland Banks and Russian/Chinese/Alaskan salmon.

Americans have among the lowest carb intake in the entire world.
Imbecile. No appreciation of facts, just babble shit all day.
Carb intake is correlated with GDP. Rich nations = low carb intake = fat and diabetic.
>hurr muh 50% carb intake is high carb.
Yeah okay, 80% of the world population eats around 70-80% carbs and none of them are fat or diabetic
Americans are also uniquely unaware of how low their carb intake is. Then again most of them also believe that steak is a good source of fiber and that dog created the world in 7 days 6000 years ago. Fat retards

I don't care if you want to be a fishfag, that's your anus not mine.

But for the love of god, quick referring to fish like it's not meat.

It's the fucking meat of the fish. Fuck off with that autism.

>I'm gonna go onto a food board and start a murica argument

Must be boring being out of school all week.

Percentage of carbs in diet is irrelevant. Total amount of carbohydrates is a fair comparison.

When is school back in session?

Fish is practically a vegetable and if a meal doesnt have meat, its a snack, do you want to be snacking for the rest of your life son?

>a newspaper isn't a source.

Actually dumbass it is especially if it's not some shit newspaper. The facts are presented in there and the person has an MSc. Maybe if you could read you could do more research for yourself. Fucking fatty

> fish

Enjoy ur mercury

Insects are objectively the healthiest meat

I dated a Vietnamese pescatarian and she could cook some awesome stuff. She was super hot and kinky, too. Best GF I ever had

Mercury poisoning is a serious concern OP, and causes permanent neurological damage. Adhere to recommended US guidelines on frequency and types of fish.

>So the health benefits of a pescatarian diet are just lower BMI and type 2 diabetes? Two things which can generally be avoided by limiting the intake of carbs.

No, there are other benefits; those are just two suggested by two limited studies. Omega 3's can be beneficial in many ways; educate yourself if you're really interested.

Obvious samefag is obvious

>myth

Kek, enjoy the mercury

Have you considered pollo-pescetarianism?

good advice user, although it is important to remember it depends on the total amount. So if you only eat your good examples once or twice a week then a few cans of tuna are OK to. Coincidentally, the cheap chunk light tuna is the best in this regard.

On the other hand, you really should not be eating fish every day, even the healthy kind. That shit will make you crazy, which is why you can become insufferable as a vegan.

Not even samefagging

why, yes I have and still am. Do you have any insight?

/thread

Yes, I've actually been doing it for a month without realizing it. I have been eating chicken and fish everyday (no red meat). I also eat dairy and eggs too. I'm enjoying it so far. Eating chicken and/or fish everyday can get boring pretty fast, so try different recipes every now and then. Also as some people mentioned, eat fresh fish instead of the canned stuff (I prefer salmon).

Hey, do you know how to tell if somebody is a Pescatarian? Don't worry, she will always tell you.

Just going by the source the OP bothered to post. I'm not against eating fish for health benefits (I know that Omega 3s are good for you), just wondering about the benefits of a pescatatarian diet vs a balanced diet which includes the recommended intake of fish. Stop getting offended.

The 'facts' were presented in a very broad form, a blanket statement, as if someone glanced at an abstract and twisted it to form a news worthy statement. The writer didn't even bother linking or crediting the two studies that were mentioned.

holy fuck why are pescatarians so fucking triggered

projecting their fatty onto everyone who is not pescatarian

Nice projection omnivore :)

XD let me upload this to 9gag and reddit. real nigga hour right now 420 blaze it mchicken best sandwich

I subsist almost entirely on ramen and eggs, but thank you for saying so.

>Actually dumbass it is especially if it's not some shit newspaper.

If it hasn't gone through peer review, doesn't cite its sources, and is generally aimed at the public rather than field experts, it is not only a terrible source of information, it is also most likely incorrect in at least some regard. You are right that it is a source, though - just garbage one, that would get your paper disqualified from anywhere sensible if you used it to argue your points. There may be some exceptions in liberal arts and other fields in humanities when it comes to specific topics, but largely you can disregard newspapers as legitimate sources.

This is particularly hilarious since it would have been trivial to find academic papers about the subject, which would have been much better sources. Just do a google academic search on pescovegetarian.

This. If your goal is to be healthy, which is an intrinsic goal of improving your well-being, there is literally zero reason to restrict certain foods outside of your diet, barring allergies or serious medical issues. You can just do your research on what is healthy and eat within that framework most of the time.

Especially since being a picky fucker is going to ruin the social experience, which is a significant predictor of long-term health.