Writers you'd like to spend an evening with

Writers you'd like to spend an evening with.

Get your heads out of the gutter, I talking about conversation.

My pick in Chesterton

I see your Chesterton and raise you a Shaw.

Absolutely no contest

Neil Gaiman.

He legit seems like the nicest person on earth in his interviews.

Italo Calvino would make amazing company if his essays are anything to go by.

Spending an evening with an Irishman who doesn't drink? Thanks, but no thanks.

Beckett
Joyce
Sterne
Ballard
Borges

Wataru

Mishima, so we could spend hours talking about how America has ruined everything.

Wilde. If he was anything like Lord Henry, hoo boy.

I'd like to spend an evening with the inklings. All those great minds talking and sharing ideas. Amazing

John the Revelator

You could have that very same conversation in a kebab shop my friend.

> Mishima
Dude was a fascist. Yikes.

I'd have my daughters set up a warm bath for him while I myself would pour spring water from the pitcher for his hands. Then I'd slaughter my fattest black ram, roast it on spits and serve him the best bits while my wife fills a wicker basket with freshly made bread. Then I'd mix some sweet black Chian wine and fill the silver cups to the brim and then we'd fill the night with stories until Dawn takes her rightful place on brocaded cushions, stories from when men were god-like, gods were god-like, friends were honoured, enemies were killed and glory was either given to another man or won from him, never ignored or spurned as an antiquated, abstract concept.

Sure, I don't actually have any Chian wine lying around but I think I saw Cretan wine at the supermarket where I'd have to go anyway to get some lamb chops. Hopefully I can get some bits with a bit of blood left on them to smear on my hands to make it look like I had just butchered them or something. Also, my wife can't even bake cookies from pre-made dough, let alone bread, and my daughters are much too young to attend to an old man's bath, not that he'd fit easily in our tiny bathtub in our tiny two bedroom, one bathroom apartment. There's no hearth either; the stove is half gas, half electric, maybe that'll count for something.

But the stories, man, the stories...

I'd spend the whole night with her, if you catch my subtle drift.

Wow, that's actually a very cool choice, the only better alternative I can come up with is Jesus Christ.

oh, excuse my retardation, Jesus wasn't writer,

none, leave me alone you milksops

I appreciate your post.

>Appreciating your own post

Here's a (you)

diogenes

Does God count?

*Writers not fictional characters

I am a fascist. And beautifully built. He who builds on the people builds on mud, and now the incompetent are given authority to continue and thrive in weakness. I curse the modern world, which should perish in its infirmity.