Any worthy black literature? For lack of a better word, redpilled and black

Any worthy black literature? For lack of a better word, redpilled and black.

Other urls found in this thread:

wattpad.com/user/MostlyHetero
youtube.com/watch?v=5m5bmVgxGc0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thomas Sowell

I quite enjoyed the Lonely Londoners by Selvon.

Cardinal Sarah

What does Veeky Forums think of Cornel West?

This.

Otherwise, no. It is almost always whining about slavery or colonization.

The works of Augustine of Hippo.

>redpilled and black.

The Black Jacobins.

>augustine
>black

>"redpilled" means good

My usual post for black authors: Iceberg Slim, Malcolm X, Sanyika "Monster Kody" Shakur.

I admit that I only watched him speak in some videos, but he doesn't seem intelligent at all.

The Crisis of the Negro Intellectual by Harold Cruse

Please Stop Helping Us by Jason Riley

TJsotomayor

I played pic related recently. I made it to the end, actually.

It's far from "red pilled", in the sense that it presents a somewhat narrow and biased perspective, with lots of typical US liberal/BLM/"racist white system" stuff.

But it does seem genuine and it might give you a perspective on what these people are about and how they justify promoting their identity. "White" people can learn something from this.

>redpilled

James is an unrepentant Leninist and a Stalin apologist

Seconded. All good.

He was African...

>Worthy
>For lack of a better word, redpilled
kys yourself my man

>For lack of a better word, redpilled
Sorry, can't accept that there isn't a better word. What the hell do you even mean?

Any black lit not about slavery, racism or colonialism in some way is missing a fairly large part of the black experience in the modern era.
If you don't want that, you're going to have to find something written by one of the rare very rich black people since their class privilege would have had them avoid all those issues, and desu how interesting is lit about the very rich, from the perspective of the very rich?

>redpill

Anyways, Ngũgĩ wa Thiong'o's Petals of Blood and Wizard of the Crow, Marlon James Book of NIght Women and Brief HIstory of Seven Killings, and are all excellent.

honestly the best bait i've even seen
if this was /pol/ you would've got at least 10 replies

Well shakespeare was black...

A black woman to be precise.

A black transgendered disabled lesbian woman.

Earl Lovelace, senpai.

Yeah... North African. There used to be shit tons of Mediterranean north Africans... Before the Arab invasions.

It was a common place for Italian and even Greek colonists. Most people from NA nowadays arent even close to black, more arab than anything. He probably wasnt 'white' but man it is so tiring watching blacks try and claim famous peoples and cultures as their own. Augustine, Martial, Jesus, all of Egyptian culture.

A black trans genderqueer woman from what I've heard.

but xe was trans-white and genderfluid, so we're opressing him by calling him black and a woman

#

Legit tho, he was born and died in what is modern day Algeria. Sure that wasn't technically the Roman province of Africa but in is in modern Africa and he was ethnically Berber.

>Kill yourself yourself my man
fucking retard, kys.

>how interesting is lit about the very rich, from the perspective of the very rich?

Usually pretty good senpai. That includes almost all writing from the classical world, most of the old testament, all major russian writers, most english writers until the last two hundred years, etc.

I mean tolstoy only writes about the rich and his writing is extremely interesting.

Id much rather read about rich people and their problems than black and their past problems... At least the dialogue in novels concerning the rich isnt a goddamned nightmare like 'black' dialouge.

Delany

>"You gonna remember Nigg for a long time, ain't you, cocksucker? Tell you what. Ah'm gonna stick my black dick up your ass an' we gonna tongue some more. Then I'm gonna make you suck the shit off it. An' I'm gonna bust my nut again—" His scummy hand kept working down between my legs. My top button pulled loose from the worn hole. He began to push my pants down. "Shit, come on and sit on this nigger dick, white boy!"

His mother was, his father was Italian. Either way, most berbers aren't 'black'

Race should be irrelevant concerning intellectualism yet you insist of a race based preference. OP confirmed racist. You want diversity of ideas and experiences not diversity of skin color

>intellectualism
Pls explain

>can't into memes
embarrassing.

It seems like this conversation evidences how arbitrarily defined race is.

>can't into abbreviations
kys

Wow, sounds like my prison nightmares.

Native Son is pretty based, Bigger Thomas is a useless sack of shit.

>still can't into memes
you are a thick one

mc ride's diary desu

Toni Morrison

>Otherwise, no. It is almost always whining about slavery or colonization.
If a black doesn't whine about slavery and colonisation then they are a leftist nu-male cuck and not redpilled.

>worthy
>black

Gotta pick one, my man.

James Baldwin

>redpilled
Kys

intellectual arts.

>for lack of a better word, redpilled
are you asking for books to name-drop so you can btfo those libcucks in online arguments? noble effort my fellow mgtow.

>rather read about rich people and their problems
avoid all Pynchon then.

Native Son is fantastic.

And if that's how you walked away feeling about Bigger then I'm not sure you understood Richard Wright's point at all.

a brief history of seven killings

Fanon

Not that user, and I wouldn't call Bigger a piece of shit, but it's hard to sympathize with the kid. It sucks that that girl put him in such a horrific situation under the false pretense of "helping" and "understanding" him, but holy shit Bigger, get your shit together.

And? The book is still good, and contains a lot of information that is pretty "red-pill" if you can call it that.

James Baldwin was a total genius. anyone should be able to see that. especially interesting because he was really an aesthete at heart who was kind of forced into the role of being a black leader.

Toni Morrison is obviously a major talent and the fact that this board talks trash about her shows that the taste here is actually political and not genuinely discerning. but after Song of Solomon she started writing stuff I don't like, though I do admire it in some ways

everybody likes Ralph Ellison

stay awake from walker, angelou. Richard wright is not that good. and pay little or no attention to just about anything people call "inspirational", as you would do in any field of literature.

Sundiata Keita, a tales from Mali

It tells the story of how the Manden Empire was formed (the empire of Mali)

Not really literature, more like oral history written down though

Sorry but there is nothing less red pilled than that book, and I thought it was excellent. His entire thesis is that the slave "class" of Saint-Domingue was being repressed by the elite planters which were supported by a mulatto and poor white bourgeoisie, and that the violence of their revolution merely reflected the violence imposed on them. 30s Leninist theory is the embodiment of the blue pill. James literally believed that if Haiti wasn't oppressed by outside sources that it would be some sort of Marxist endpoint heaven on earth, and in the end of his work he compares the violence of the Haitian revolution to the violence of the Stalinist state, and excuses them both because they are both necessary steps on the road to Utopia. You can't be Utopian and "red pilled" even if you take TRP and strip it down to Objective Truth vs Narrative Falsehoods (which I am sure isn't what OP the faggot from reddit and /r9k/ is implying)

Talented prestidigitator of concepts defined elsewhere.

Umm.. Well there is a story called "Darius" on MostlyHetero's wattpad
wattpad.com/user/MostlyHetero

It's a pretty solid read, it's a tad raunchy but. Really drives the points you need to know across.

His story "The Robbery" is also a decent "black" read. I wish it were longer, but it's not bad. It really encapsulates the black culture in the states.

go tell it on the mountain by baldwin

invisible man by ellison

the color of water

/pol/ isn't welcomed 'round these parts, boy.

Chinua Achebe

Read Things Fall Apart. It's the ultimate redpill, as it shows you the truth of how the eternal anglo tricked the Igbo

I remember being in high school too

Bumping this.

Are there any black poets besides the ones everyone knows (Langston Hughes, Gwendolyn Brooks, Nikki Giovanni, etc) that are worth reading?

And I should clarify, I mean black poets who aren't rappers.

Lil Yachty doesn't consider himself a rapper.

FACT: the average African-American writer is superior to the post-modernist straight white guy writer. Black excellence...

How can white boys compare?

It's a strange day when Al Sharpton comes out as the more intelligent and well-rounded person in a debate.

youtube.com/watch?v=5m5bmVgxGc0

Bill Clinton's memoir

>all major russian writers

sarcasm, right?

Nkrumah, Dubois, Fanon

So was camus but do you see a black here?

Yeah. The Berbers are a multiracial ethnicity.

Who the hell apart from Afrocentrists calls Berbers black?

By this I think he means he is unaware in that moment of a better word.

>Read Things Fall Apart. It's the ultimate redpill, as it shows you the truth of how the eternal anglo tricked the Igbo
FUCKING HELL ENGLAND BIAFRA COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING GREAT YOU FUCKERS

>At least the dialogue in novels concerning the rich isnt a goddamned nightmare like 'black' dialouge.

lol thats because you hate black people, so everything you associate with them you find grating. as crass as it sounds its really that simple. like what the fuck else is black dialogue supposed to sound like besides black people (BAD dialogue is another thing entirely)? dont you think glossing over the cultural idiosyncrasies of your characters to appease some classist prescription of respectability is shit literary practice?

that said, if you're looking for 'redpilled' black writers, you should check out richard wright. specifically pic related.

and if you dont wanna hear about slavery, colonization, severe poverty, and identity struggles then youre not really interested in black literature. stop lying to yourself. stop lying to us.

lol FUCK i shoulda read the whole thread

seconding this

But is there not perhaps a balance? I've read a couple of books by American black authors and race seems to be overpoweringly central. It's interesting stuff, but there are other things to think about. It kind of reminds me of a lot of modern Russian lit, unremitingly about communism.

Think of Kundera. He writes a bunch about Czechoslovakia and it's a big deal for him, but none of his books are entirely about it. Is there any black American lit that has this balance -- racism and all that, but also unrelated ideas and stories?

If you are into hard-boiled detective novels, Walter Mosley is pretty good.

Black Rednecks & White Liberals by Thomas Sowell

Read Purple HIbiscus by Adichie.

Thanks for the recs ,friend

>all writing from the classical world, most of the old testament, all major russian writers, most english writers
>only good literature

This is why people hate literature folks.