Why does sleep deprivation feel so good ?

Why does sleep deprivation feel so good ?

It really doesn't. I'm not able to enjoy a book sleep deprived.

Probably because you're depressed OP. When you're sleep deprived at least you feel something instead of constant emptiness.

Sleep deprivation:
- Try to sleep. Can't.
- Fuck it, have a cup of tea.
- 4 hours and 8 cups of tea later: Manic phase! Write pages of brilliance.
- 1 hour later: Crushing depression.
- 2 hours later: Brain feels like white noise. Can hear white noise. Brain generates random loud bang sounds
- Oh god oh god fuck me please let me sleep
- Visual hallucinations
- Succumb to sleep at 1:30pm
Don't get old.

Ice been trying to sleep since last night at 11:00pm, it's now 1:38 and I've only had an hour and a half of sleep.

I cannot function without sleep which therefore means I'm unable to have fun, be social, read books, write and so on

Should clarify that it's now 1:38 pm

I know you're struggle man. Sometimes it feels like I'm addicted to being awake.

your*. Damnit.

The white noise and loud bangs accompanied by flashes of white light scare the shit out of me. What the fuck is going on in the brain when that happens? It can't be healthy.

I get that noise all the time due to tinnitus. Though I know it does increase in volume with less sleep. I haven't experienced loud bangs before, and I don't see flashes of white light, though I do see pure static sometimes, like those old televisions that aren't properly connected. Black and white spots everywhere

retinal detachment

I don't have retina in my ears.

Pic related?

you can perceive light through them?

Yes, but only when it vibrates audibly.

i hate it but sometimes i am very creative in such a state. classic surrealism

Lately I've been going to sleep early and walking up 3-5 hours later between 1-3 pm. I find that this is my best reading time. Everything is quiet, I feel like I have the world to myself and I can emerse myself in beautiful literature.

I also write write well during these hours. After 4-5 hours I go back to bed and sleep in till noon

I'll often stay awake longer than I should, when I feel tired, I'm not sure that's sleep deprivation. It does feel good though, and I'm depressed aswell.
Must be something biological

i hate it... i get headaches

>all of you fruits

>tea

you deserve everything,

Whenever sleep deprived I can write a lot but never read, including my sleep deprived writing.

damn i thought I was the only only one. I love the feeling

I would have loved to make a fuck with Winona.

It's like being drunk but better desu.

>stay awake for 30-50 hours at a time all of the time and then sleep for 12
>sleep/awake rhythm very bad
>i don't even read

why wouldn't you do both

sometimes being asleep feels like youre just wasting 8 hours desu

It really does

The issue is that i never do anything at all even when I'm awake, but sleep still feels like more of a waste of time than being awake and not doing anything ever

>Sometimes
8 our of dreamless fucking bullshit is always a waste, senpai

when will they invent a drug that removes the need for sleep without the wonky side effects meth has

God I love this woman

It feels good at first after not doing it for a while because your brain for some reason starts flooding itself with neurotransmitters so there is more dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine etc in the synaptic gap activating receptors.

However prolonged and/or repeated sleep deprivation is very bad for the brain and leads for neuroinflammation, neurodegeneration, cognitive impairment, mood disorders, depression, memory impairment etc.

You want to be sleep deprived as little as possible because the adult brain mostly does not regenerate itself when damaged and aside from the hippocampus (where neurogenesis is impaired by sleep deprivation anyway) whenever you are sleep deprived you are killing neurons that will never ever grow back or be otherwise replaced. Every night you are sleep deprived you are literally making yourself a little more permanently stupid each time and its irreversible.

Don't become sleep-deprived on purpose, thats moronic.

>Come to bed, user. Sleep is good for you.

um you're retarded

sleep deprivation literally only makes you feel good if it's giving you/adding to the image you want to have, which i assume is the case with you OP. you're a fag, actually do drugs.

drink coffee like an actual grown up you piece of shit

cringe

>sleep is good for you
Myth

see