/coffee/

Post coffee and coffee accessories!

What's a good water to coffee ratio?
I'm doing 1:25 and guessing the water temperature because I don't have a fancy kettle with temperature control.
It's very easy to screw up and make weak tea instead of coffee.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=usNrl6vr440
youtube.com/watch?v=S-41cGFp3JE
home-barista.com/store-coffee-in-freezer.html
nature.com/articles/srep24483
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My favorite coffee accessory is a mug.

Hey OP, why not post in one of the other handful of coffee threads you flaming cock-juggling faggot?

I think the reason is (no, I know for sure) that the other thread, this one → has reached it's replies limit.
I'm not sure at what number of posts the thread is not coming up any more and stays on the bottom of the main Veeky Forums page.
At 300 posts or few more I think.

Others who understand that whole thing better than me might GIVE you better explanation...you flaming cock-juggling faggot.

Relax grasshopper relax lol

Is that an anime about baristas or something?

Yeah. It's about some bitch moving to someplace in Japan where they built an entire village European style (what?). And now they work at a café and bakery and do cute anime girl things

gween tea

Got this for Christmas. Couldn't try it yet, but it looks very nice and the nozzle(?) seems to be very precise.

To give different question:
How do you want the taste of your perfect espresso/ coffee to be?

>Yes I have the old style regular Moka Pot.
I'm going to play with it more because I got that one time such a nice cup of coffee that now I'm hunted by it and I will work to duplicate that result.
>I will also buy the newest Bialetti Brikka in the next few days so that will bring new experiences.

Nice. Get yourself a nice journal and a fine grade scale. You'll find it easier to tune and later reproduce a good shot.

Forgot to add for I like Espresso with a fruity, berry-like sweetness. Also, I grew more fond of a sourness, that comes not right at the beginning but rather starting after the beginning and growing pulling through the taste. It shouldn't cover the other aromas and tastes, rather compliment it. I also prefer a stronger body.

I'm considering buying the OE Lido E-T. Anyone have any experience with it? How is the grind consistency and adjustment throughout all brew methods?

>order coffee
>they give me a tiny italian one gulp shot
>say i wanted american coffee
>"oh, okay"
>they just pour the tiny italian coffee in a bigger mug and add water

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>they just pour the tiny italian coffee in a bigger mug and add water
that's how Americano is made

Americano is meant to have more coffee in it, not just more water.

1 water to 25 coffee????

>go to italy
>order a latte
>they just give me a glass of milk

>order a pepperoni pizza
>they give you a vegetarian pizza with peppers on it

Americano is literally espresso and water, hello. It's not drip coffee.

you know shit if you think that way
AMERICANO is meant to be not as concentrated as espresso so that's why you add water to espresso.
you are stupid fuck off

yes of course.
I think he is stupid or a troll or stupid troll

Standard is .375 tbsp to 1 cup water.. Or pretty much 3 heaping tablespoons and 8-8.5 cups of water in a drip brewer. Just get one. You coffee tards boil my blood by failing to understand that coffee is about caffeine and the amphetamine buzz it gives you. Who wants to drink south American burnt acidic bean water for the taste besides a starbucks/Apple user?
You'll be shocked to know that SA culture is about alkaloids and their effects, not how the drug ends up tasting.

No bully! No bully!

I always thought, and the local place where I usually drink coffee from seems to agree, that an american coffee (or americano) is like a bigger volume of regular coffee.
As in, a total of more water, and more coffee.

again FUCK YOU STUPID TROLL

YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO FOOL US

>order a hot carl
>brings you tossed salad instead

Tbh, I worked at a Café where a regular Americano is made by taking a single Portafilter without hard tamping and letting around 120ml running through.
There are just many stupid people around.

58mm or 58.5mm tamper thoooo

I recently bought an aeropress, to stop using the big nespresso capsule machine we have in our building.

Anyway I'm super disappointed, the coffee feels really weak. I've tried various types, different brewing times and methods. It honestly feels weak.

I really like espressos; would I be better served by a moka pot?

So, how much coffee you put in your general method and how much time does it stay in the water before you plunge?

17g coffee, 200ml water, I tried 90c to 100c and steeping from 1 to 2 minutes.

Why the need for extra 0.5mm?

Water is way to hot, make it in the range of 79-85c and try 20g.
Maybe your grind is too course? Do you feel any pressure when you plunge it?
Maybe your coffee of choice is just on the weak side.

I'll try 20g & 80c tomorrow morning.
Pressure is fine, the shop I buy my coffee from specifically grinds it for the aeropress.

I have two coffees, one from Columbia and one from El Salvador. Neither are on the light end.

How fine is your grind?

Fine and medium-fine are recommended.

You're alright on the ratio though. I get a good enough buzz with 14g medium-fine with 200ml of water, twice a day, and still sleep great.

Personally, I recommend inverted method and stirring for at least one entire minute.

>vaping in 2016

Do those things make a full 16oz of coffee?
The instructions ask you to stir an awful lot, which I just won't do.
Why can't you just shake it?

go and fuck yourself wasting peoples time with your trolling you fucking turd

Are you ok?

yes I'm very OK
I can spot a troll in a nano fucking second with your stupid comments and questions
you are too stupid to be good intelligent troll

I just asked why you can't just shake the grounds in an aeropress instead of stirring several times.

Why does every hipster blog and video suggest you pour a small amount of water to "bloom" the grounds before pouring the rest?

What does this accomplish?

keep digging
your questions are stupid and juvenile no logic to them so is very easy to spot a troll, a stupid troll.

I give you an example how stupid you are, >Why does every hipster blog and video suggest you pour a small amount of water to "bloom" the grounds before pouring the rest?
>What does this accomplish?
so if you read so many hipster blogs and watched those videos they do explain in great details about the "bloom" and all the other things.

SO ONE MORE TIME
FUCK OFF YOU PIECE OF TURD

The setting is in France, or Germany depending on who you ask.

Chiya is just so comfy. Can you imagine how warm and fluffy she would be in a mating press?

show tits or STFU

How long does whole bean coffee last after breaking the seal?

The last time I bought whole bean, I didn't finish it fast enough and the bag went rancid.
I intend to get a airtight jar this time and I'm wondering if I should bother with large bags anymore.

if you're going to the trouble of grinding whole bean then you obviously enjoy it's taste, so buy fresh and only buy as much as you can use in a week or two.

It's retarded how much you got to spend to get a decent shot of espresso in a home environment and even then its not even halfway to a real high quality shot.

good point and you got rewarded with nice double digits

you right some people invest min $1000 for both coffee grinder and espresso machine to drink few ounces of coffee every day
>and even then its not even halfway to a real high quality shot.

Anyone have a Eureka Mignon? Thoughts? Does it retain a lot of coffee like the Rocky?

For coffee autists: use within 2 weeks.
For normal people: use within a month.
For plebs: use within 4 months.

I do the inverted method yeah, it just works out that much easier. Only 30 seconds stirring.

I tried 20g/200ml/80c/1 minute and it came out a bit coser to what I like. I'll push it to 1:30 and see if I like it more.

Pic is the grind.

You could also try different coffee.

With concentrated methods like Aeropress, moka pot, etc I find dark roasts to be the best. The lower the acid, the better.

If you don't want dark roasts, then seek low acid coffees. Any roaster worth a fuck should have that info on their site.

Hm I'll just show up at the store and ask for a recommendation for dark/not acid.

Problem is I live & work in Spain but am still learning the language.

I use a coffee machine to heat up water.

Break it down into individual serving sizes in the smallest mason jars and freeze.

That sounds autistic as hell.
Also, I don't have that much freezer space.

*obligatory espresso master race shitpost*

really inefficient desu

I use my Keurig for ramen cups.

Tell me whos inefficient now.

Funny story actually, one time I accidentally left a keurig cup in the machine when I went to make a ramen cup. So this thing shits a bunch of watered down coffee into my ramen but I ate it anyway because there was no other food in the house. It wasnt too bad but I shit those noodles out whole.

For the $80 you spent on that shit you could've gotten one of these.

Just saying.

It was a gift. I'm not a fan of the coffee they make, but for a quick measured amount of hot water they're decent. Obviously not worth the price for just that but I might as well use it since I have it.

Plus the cups are too damn expensive.

>and freeze.
don't fucking freeze coffee beans please
don't listen to this lunacy please
just keep it in dark space away from light

Is there a particular reason why a stainless steel electric kettle has to cost $80?

did you saw prices of stainless steel on the stock market recently they went through the roof man
and this model has fancy spout and all the computing power electronics.

I prefer glass models.
I don't like how water tastes in stainless steel after standing over night, I know I should pour old water out and use fresh water
but still I like glass better you can see through and cleaning on the inside is easier in my opinion.

Whenever I pour coffee into my stainless steel travel mug, it mars the taste.
I assume it tastes worse if you brew it in an all SS coffee press and SS kettle.

I got a glass kettle for that reason, but the hard water buildup is really apparent, I end up wiping it down with vinegar every 2 weeks, it's so damn filthy looking.

Other than the commodities market, Bonavita uses a very unreliable Chinese factory to pump them out.

Buy one when there's a special and you're very likely to receive one with a big enough defect to claim warranty. Most common being a rusting lid.

Why would I pay $80 for an overpriced kettle with famously bad quality control?

Who needs freaking lava lamp if you can watch this cattle with water boiling all night sitting next to your computer while posting on Veeky Forums.

Put some food dye in it, smoke a joint, eat some shrooms, turn lights down and you're good to go till the water boils out.
Refill and repeat.

>cattle

Why would anyone make a kettle with an LED strip underneath the water?
Why would you want plastic parts in a kettle?
Do you like phytoestrogens that much?

ha ha. don't blame me. blame the freaking spell check bitch that is interfering with everything I type.
kettle KETTLE kettle

because it's cordless you primitive cave man probably still using cast iron kettle

OXO On Cordless Glass Electric Kettle.
youtube.com/watch?v=usNrl6vr440

>turn kettle on
>entire room is illuminated a sickly bright blue

that's so trashy

10 Best Glass Kettles 2016
youtube.com/watch?v=S-41cGFp3JE

>Cordless
>Cord is clearly visible in several shots
>Comments disabled

Are you a marketer?
You act like one.

Also I'll take the name off, I was using it for ERP on another board.

it's sexy you racist snob
you never heard of a blue blood that some of us have flowing in our veins
as opposed to your regular blood you peasants have

YES, I sell them from the back of my van you paranoid freak.

>Also I'll take the name off, I was using it for ERP on another board.
WTF are you talking about?

the fucking glass pot itself is cordless you savage from 3 world country

But it's operation still requires a cord to the wall.
That's just dishonest.

I should hope the kettle itself is cordless. Even the cheap shitty one my work provided 10 years ago was cordless.

If you were any closer I would fucking wrap that cord around your neck and strangle you you whiny bitch

>I would fucking wrap that cord around your neck and strangle you you whiny bitch
unnhph keep going daddy

and then I would pour boiling water on you head
and after that you would beg for mercy AND show some respect for glass electric kettles you primitive cast iron pots and pans savage.

Here is your collection of kettles you poor suck stuck in last century

I saw what you did.

>I saw what you did.
what ?????????????????
smart glass kettle hating ass

cawfee

ALL of you bitches show tits. NOW !!

When you get one that's not fucked up they're pretty damn convenient and worth the money.

glass are much better choice in my opinion

fuck you

Wrong!

home-barista.com/store-coffee-in-freezer.html

Also note nature.com/articles/srep24483 if you don't want to thaw it at all

First cup of the year is an Aeropress.

Why does my Gaggia have to be in the workshop damn it.

I hate my stainless steel kettle so much that I'm using it now to piss in it when I'm sitting at the desk using computer and I'm too lazy to get up to go to the bathroom to piss,
I just slide it under the desk and piss right in it and put it on the floor to empty it later.

Glass kettles are much better, glass is not affecting taste of the water like the metal does.

I always thought piss bottles were a meme.
How can you be this mentally ill?

I'm just being practical you faggot,
the kettle has a lid and is easy to use to piss in it under the table,what?
is better than I just throw away,
get fucking real man

Hario Skerton.
Get it.

Yours gave me inconsistencies in coarser grinds.

What's the actual difference between a Chemex and a Melitta cone? I'm leaning toward a porcelain Melitta cone to replace my plastic one, since they're cheaper the cheaper option and filters are commonplace.

Huh, guess I got a good one. But then, I knew about the potential for rust issues, so I developed a habit of not letting water sit in it long and leaving the top off when I'm not using it.

Chemex is a more expensive filter. The device itself is, arguably, more attractive. That's about it. Theoretically the heavier filter makes a difference but then again so does the specific heat of the cone and stuff like that, so you can't really do a 1:1 comparison.

Hey! Don't call her a bitch!