What does Veeky Forums think about this one?

What does Veeky Forums think about this one?
I loved Crime and Punishment even though I'm generally a lazy ass fucker when it comes to long books. Is this one worth it as well?

It's my favourite Dostoyevsky. Read nechayev's revolutionary catechism to get an idea about what he is reacting against. Or just read the play version by Camus so you can pretend to have read it.

This is one of the most beautiful books ive ever read. Every part is connected with overs creating a whole universe with its own laws. If you read it really carefully and analytically then the ending will make you cry from the beauty of words. The length of a book doesnt matter if its that good. When ive done reading it , i wanted more but....

Ugh, I have to read other things to prepare for reading it? Dropped

But?

It has the most profound and diverse set of characters in any of his novels. It's his most overtly conservative and one of his few works that has very little discussion of God. Kirillov and Nikolai vsevolodovich were my favorites

Seems a very interesting book, but the first 200 pages got me so bored that I dropped it. Should I give it a second chance?

Yes, it's Dostoyevsky at his best

mate the catechism is about 500 words. its 10 minutes reading

if its interesting then how can you not read the rest? you are a pleb

I bet you wank over the underground man you existentialist fuck, get a job

what's wrong with notes from the underground?
just picked it up from the library (not person your replying)

It's r9k: the book

then what C&P is also the 'LEL /RK9/ LOLOLOL SUKS' book too? Like just because you hate dostoyevsky's portrayal of an individuals personal anguish and dilemmas doesnt mean that that they are shit.

If anything youre prob just a fucking robot anyway irl who is projecting hard

Nah, c and p is an intensely philosophical and spiritual novel that focuses on the internal battle between nihilism and morality; between sin and redemption. It offers an answer to the those who are struggling to find faith in a world which seems void of meaning and compassion: namely, God.

Conversely, Notes From The Underground is about a literal basement dweller who is so beta he wastes all his fucking money on a fur collar. Fucking weirdo

>It offers an answer to the those who are struggling to find faith in a world which seems void of meaning and compassion: namely, God.

entirely incorrect. read it again

Notes has the philosophical angle about how those who think they will find freedom in the rejection of religion's or society's laws are still bound by the immutable laws of nature.

How screwed am I if I go into it reading without having ever reading a work of hard literature before?

it feels incomplete

Butt

Not screwed at all