Love

What is a book that will make me believe in love?
I wish to desire love and feel more accepting of affection after reading it.

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/44099
youtube.com/watch?v=dMeZCPbM6bA
youtube.com/watch?v=zDVnjCwCYCs
amazon.com/Surrogate-Re-Parenting-K-Right/dp/1530286727/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

war and peace
then it'll crush you and make you hate everything

>believe in love?
Start with the Greeks

Sappho

And how you laugh your charming laugh. Why it
makes my heart flutter within my breast

wtf
it's supposed to do the opposite. war and peace is the singlehandledly most empathic book i've ever read. how can it make you hate anything? it should fill you with compassion for all human kind

>literature men will never understand

daily reminder lesbian love is the purest of love and you savage men will never EVER get to experience it

I finished The Reader by Bernhard Schlink and that gave me that feeling.

>Pride and Prejudice

The scarlet pimpernel

I think you just proved the opposite.

EXHIBIT A: You came into a thread where someone reached out to understand love, and, instead of using your purportedly pure depths of love to enlighten and enrich us all, attempted to shit on everyone in a delusional, self-congratulatory, sexist rant.

You do not understand love. You understand lust, fleeting passion, and sex as a psychological anesthetic.

I dunno, m8. It's kind of hard to inject love into an emotionless 4channer

The Carnal Prayer Mat

My diary desuu

3/10 i replied

/thread

There was a short story written on wattpad of all things by MostlyHetero a while back called "Michael and the Sex Goblin."

It's quite the romantic novel, but also eye opening in the sense that it gives a very unique definition to what love is. It's a roller coaster it's a new beginning, that initial spark to a passionate flame, then the flare of flame followed by the classic interruption. The ending is the initial spark all over again in a different manner. Riveting tale. Absolutely riveting. If that doesn't make you believe in, desire, and accept that exciting beast known as love then I don't know what will.

Love is an illusion, a misunderstanding.
Mutual love is a mutual misunderstanding of being mutually loved.
And engagement is a vow to not wake up for your whole life from that misunderstanding.

This is all you need to know on the topic of love.

I hate you. I can't believe you took the time to package that piece of shit so nicely. I read it, I'll probably read the other things he has. But you're still an ass.

Check out D.H. Lawrence.

Ah, the story of Darius. That's a good story, be sure to read Darius before you read The Robbery. A lot of people make the mistake of reading them out of order. Incredible short reads. Perfect for the man on the go looking for a bit more in every day life. The Robbery picks up on where "Darius" left off (somewhat) and really swings it home with another romance story in The Robbery.

Gayest shit ever written.

Love knows no genders, friend.

Stendhal - Love (De l'Amour)

put that dyke in her place user.

The Suffering of Young Werther

>Love isnt real
>love is just a chemical attraction based on biology interpreted by the brain
>no that sensation can't be worth anything!!
Wew lad sorry mommy kissed you too much or to little

Love isnt something you get from a book m8 you have to experience it.

Love ruined my life, I have no self-control whatsoever and since the first time I fell in love all I do is attempt to find girls to love me, it is an addiction with a terrible success rate and you have very little control unlike something like alcohol which you know will always be there

I literally can't imagine any state of being except being in love or attempting to find it, life before it was so completely feeling-less in comparison

love is shit and a sham

>suffering
>not sorrows

pleb.

Is love between people of two different races truly possible, or is it merely a false construct created by the Jews as part of their plan to miscegenate the Aryan race out of existence?

Why are jews so mean to everybody?

Probably because they are the Synagogue of Satan.

>you savage men will never EVER get to experience it

Will the feminist meme ever die? Ya'll got your rights ages ago; let go of the past and do that independence thing you all nag about.

Find a lover user. Books can't replicate only enhance.

>Things modern masculinity doesn't understand
I hate this "dudebro" culture so god dammed much.

I know you're trolling but I've actually heard people say this kind of dumb shit, out loud, in earnest. How can someone be so stupid?

If you've never been in love, it skews your perception of what love is, when you read fiction involving it, because you think that the passionate dedication and "worship" aspects of love are the primary aspects. Those are secondary aspects of the actual primary aspect of love, which is the feeling that some one person is your best friend and a qualitatively amazing person that you can't believe you managed to find in a world full of "decent I guess" people.

Good love is a lot like having a best-friend-4-lyfe kind of person, a feeling that you two were meant to be allied with each other against the world, and the privilege and pleasure of being completely intimate with them. They can know all your foibles and weird shit, know the real you, and still accept you and love you, and you get to do the same for them.

That's pretty much it. Once you've had it, or something like it, you can tell which relationships had it and which didn't, and you can feel bad for people who don't realise that they are dating for status or "fun" without actually feeling love.

Love evolved to make men stick around long enough to raise kids, this is why women cannot feel love.

Women can feel love to kids though.

Hear hear!

Anna Karenina

what is love?

>he's never been loved by a woman and concludes it cannot happen

How terribly sad and banal.

All you need is INFINITE JEST

Baby don't hurt me

>Water isn't real, it's just hydrogen and oxygen atoms!

HURR FUGGEN DURR

>Not Leiden
>Implying you'll ever appreciate as much as a thousandth of Goethe's genius without knowing the german language

I just googled wattpad. Is this worth using for an aspiring writer to get feedback? Is there often good content?

It's the site of choice for /r/writing! You know it's good!

>Leiden.. not suffering..
Agreed sorrow sounds better, but suffering is way more accurate.
.t a german

Read some of Schopenhauer's shit.

You have to be full of yearning for what should be in order to disavow what is so thoroughly.

like with any question, start with the greeks. plato's symposium specifically

Come out of the closet already

no more

>think I've found the one
>she's a lesbian
>feel like such an idiot

Love is dead

Agreed.

I've only been in love once, and it was amazing. We could talk about anything, constantly, from sunrise to sunset, it felt like we could be completely and totally honest and explore the deepest parts of our psyche. It sounds ridiculous, but I could *be myself* with her. Just being able to exist together as two human beings. Without the stupid fucking masks society forces us to wear. That was the best thing.

God I'm so lonely. brb suicide.

>I could *be myself* with her
as if there were no real distinction between myself and my loved one, one person in two bodies
I've just fallen in love recently

The Bible. I'm not even joking.

Think I've found the one
She's in love with another guy
Try to be al least her friend
Treats me like total shit as a friend

>christposting unironically

That's why The Ecstasy by John Donne is one of my favourite poems

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/44099

youtube.com/watch?v=dMeZCPbM6bA is the song which also encapsulates what I think love is.

*accidentally posted another vid lol

Hahahahaha! That reminds me of how the swedish fagette Mian Lodalen dun goofed in one of her columns.

Prejudice: Dykes don't have humor.
Rebuttal: "When I lived in a collective 1987-1993, gosh darn how we laughed."

Fantastic! She has the space and time to write something really funny, but instead her proof is a claim that dykes has laughed in group.

for fuck's sake, meant to quote

Love is bourgeois Realpolitik

>tfw Love is death

dubs for love!

and I would recommend: What is to be done?

>love has no anxiety

Chernyvsky made me believe in love

>mfw velvet underground
10/10
her eyes are brown though, nvm your first vid

>he took the bait like the fucking moron he is

>Just being able to exist together as two human beings.
And as we're on a literature board, the ultimate book recommendation on love is Anna Karenina. Not the Vronsky and Anna parts, but the love of Levin and Kitty. If you haven't read it yet, do so asap. It describes the same feeling you mentioned, even more. They'll not just become to be able to exist together, Levin finds a whole new integrity of existence, safety, redemption from existential angst through Kitty's love as Kitty finds her safe, solid place in life by being a such place for Levin. They not just exist together, even more, their separate existences fade into a new common existence.

>tfw you will never find true love
>tfw want to die

katawa shoujo

I've recently read 'the history of love' by Nicole Krauss

It's a book about everlasting love. It will give you feels, make you laugh and give you that hope that everything will turn out fine in the end. A solid 4/5 imo

Death in Venice

give me a book that conveys love like this
youtube.com/watch?v=zDVnjCwCYCs

>Wuthering Heights

t. J. Green

Anna Karenina.

>866 pages

Is it worth it?

Yes.

What about War & Peace? The kindle version is 1800 pages long and I could read either that or Gravity's Rainbow this summer

>tfw just learned to play this song

Harry Potter

I love you Pansy. Why couldn't you be real ;_;

love and eroticism by octavio paz

Anna Karenina desu

>proved the opposite
No, it doesn't. Not wanting to share or help others to understand pure love doesn't mean you can't feel love.

>this summer
summer's over nigga

Popping in to say that The Persian Boy by Mary Renault is probably the most romantic novel I've ever read. It gave me hope that love is real.

tfw it single handedly made me believe that love was real after being single my whole life coming from a divorced family

>tfw never had a gf
>tfw virgin

I just want someone to want me bros
why does it seem so easy for everyone else

John Berger's To the Wedding

Work on yourself first.

Read this book, it'll help: amazon.com/Surrogate-Re-Parenting-K-Right/dp/1530286727/

That's why I appreciate MostlyHetero's writings. Isabelleronan and Lechnabaram are also popular users on wattpad that have really nice works of writing.

I highly recommend Sadhana by Rabindranath Thakura
it´s more on the universal aspects of love (see how much everyone is like you so you can love them) and more philosophical but still nice
Also, the themes of self-expression and freedom are interesting

just chill bro
the harder you struggle the harder it gets
also be realistic and think about if you would be someone you could love, and if not, how to change that.
A lot of people in your situation get bitter or try too hard wich both doesn´t help in getting a gf

of all things, Lemony Snickett's Letters to Beatrice captures that giddiness brilliantly.

Remains of the Day will prepare you for a lifetime of barely supressed sorrow and regret

Chronic City made me ache for love, not a simulcrum of it.

hope that helps. now i'm here lads: i made out with a qt i'd had a crush on for ages but thought was a lesbian but she's been kind of cold since but she also had the best breasts i've ever seen and perfect ass and brilliant person and yes what should i do cheers

>tfw full of love
>tfw just want someone to feel even half as strongly as I do about them
>tfw I want her back but she hates me

>women
>capable of love
lol
just lol

My diary tbqhf