Chart thread

chart thread
no scrubs

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8qD0k
airshipdaily.com/blog/07222014-reading-public
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the point about creating a flowchart if it has only one fucking way to follow it?

>No Vaclav Havel
>No Konstantin Ildefyons Galczyinski
>No Georg Buchner
>No Christopher Fry
>Paula Vogel

trash list desu senpai

t. actor

so that you know what order to read them in you scrub
if you want more than one pathway, just skip everything that comes before the second reading of Lolita

>no strindberg

i'm UPSET

Is it okay to read Ada, or Ardor immediately after Lolita?

imgur.com/a/8qD0k

No, you could end up being arrested. It's better to follow the chart.

I´d include some Bolaño novellas too. Like Distant Star

Any Korean charts?

any one know of a chart relating to hinduism and india, id be very interested

Can someone who's only read around ten books start with "V."?

No. V can be more confusing than Gravity's Rainbow desu

That's a shame, oh well.

Either give me some kind of chart for japanese literature or get shot senpai!

Check the wiki, you lazybones.

You can add them to it, user. These charts are on the wiki, which is supposed to be a community effort.

The recs for the theater ones were made by a theater student fyi. I don't know if he's still around.

a streetcar named desire was trash

fuk u dudes ur all scrubs

silly

glass menagerie was fine

sun also rises should be near the end of the list.
The old man and the sea should be number 1

lmao

I'd love to see a chart for a nice plot through the main school of Existentialism. I'm kind of just picking up scattered pieces.

I still believe it is essential to read the letter he wrote to his father before anything else. Many of his fears that relate to his father can be found in his works.

Anyone got a chart to Russian Literature?

10/10 chart
Missed the humor

Did terms like gold pill, green pill, bread pill, etc start around the same time a red pill? Or was the term red pill used first, and other "pillls" followed?

The chart is applicable to every author as well.

Colonialism-themed books do not interest me in the least. That's why I didn't like Heart of Darkness.

Every pill is a parody of the /pol/ 'red pill' (in case you don't know: it's a reference to the movie The Matrix). Ironically, the /pol/ 'red pill' most of the time only teaches racist ideology which only serves to further obscure reality, rather than bring about any sort of enlightenment. This means that the /pol/ red pill is itself a perversion of the original concept, a parody, making all other pills parodies of a parody.

It is a great example of a pervasive type of post-irony quite popular on Veeky Forums.

Yeah fuck this chart dude. V isn't a good place to start. Inherent Vice and Bleeding Edge are vastly different, BE is like a weaker version of the rest of his stuff and IV is like a mini-pynchon. Vineland is not his weakest at all, it's certainly way better than BE, and imo better than IV and AtD as well. The commentary is also pretty sparse. I'm no expert but I felt forced to make that other one specifically becase I hated this one and the other one that's been drifting around, where the person who made it said they didn't even read Vineland.

pale fire is a breeze desu

It's not even remotely a defining aspect of the novel. The guy who made the chart is just a lefty pseud who wanted to signal to fellow lefty pseuds that V. won't puncture the echochamber

What did he mean by this

improved somewhat

fuck you that's not what I meant
you're right, it's not totally defining, but it's a very overt serious political message of a kind that's uncommon in Pynchon's other work, which is why I mentioned it

>Caring this much about colonialism
Don't you have some liberal arts classes to attend?

Is there any chart or infographic such a starter kit for genre fiction plebs to become Veeky Forums?

who?

why doesn't men without women get any love? it's his best work

Where's the sci-fi novella chart?

is there a comfy chart? Winesburg Ohio, Dubliners, etc

I'm not even talking about colonialism, I'm talking about whether or not the theme of colonialism in V. is significant. That's one example of the kind of thing we do in the study of literature, which is a totally different field than liberal arts, not that STEM fags like you can tell.

>airshipdaily.com/blog/07222014-reading-public
that is not a guide, just a list

Veeky Forums in a nutshell

why do i get the feeling the author of this chart has only read the two first novels listed

Because you're a faggot.

Shit, you just reminded me to re-read Joe Orton's work, thanks. I'll start with A Prick Up Your Ears to get comfy with though, I reckon.

Nova Express isn't hard at all. If any Burroughs work is then it's probably Ticket That Exploded

way too complicated, dude.

>no fiddler on the roof
fuck outta here

Shit, is the black and white penguin GR really worth avoiding?

This is gold

any other translation charts?

I'm confused, which one is better?

there's a few Veeky Forums starter kits or Veeky Forums entry level ones, check the wiki

second one

this basically, the descriptions for M&D are so fucking retarded, shallow and inane

first one

Any 21st century Veeky Forums chart?

Maybe when it was first published under the Penguin Deluxe series, but I think it's fine now.

the third one

>Heaney as only option gor Beowulf

Still hoping for a Korean chart.

Wish there was.
Cannery Row is maximum comfy, check it out if you haven't.

Good post

I've seen a Japanese, Chinese, and one that was a general Asian lit chart, but never a Korean one, unless it was one or two books on the Asian lit chart. That said you may just have to make your own.
Thank you for this.

no hardboiled wonderland? also books 1 & 2 of the rat, though 1 was shit anyway theyre only short and probably want shoehorning in somewhere at least

Anybody have that chart that starts with the Golden Bough and goes to Mircea Eliade after that?

Did it also have Jung and Campbell on it? If so I am looking for it as well.

Well fuck

Yep that's the one

Every category makes you feel like an asshole for even thinking about choosing to read from it. Has anyone ever fucking read Against the Day and lived to recall a single indication as to what it might have been about?

where is The Eye?

philosophy chart anyone?

>Atlas Shrugged
>above Faulkner, Ulysses, Candide, Grapes of Wrath, Nausea, Catch-22, Brave New World and fucking Hamlet
>falling for the libertarian meme this hard