How does Veeky Forums feel about Elfriede Jelinek?

How does Veeky Forums feel about Elfriede Jelinek?

I feel like she's very Veeky Forums in a sense, I could see her being a femanon. I don't know another female writer I've sensed this with.

Have you actually read any of her works, can you give a suggestion? I've seen Haneke's adaptation already, so I'm thinking of picking up Lust.

Don't know anything about her but every other Austrian author I've tried has been all right to amazing. Tell us about what you love about her, user.

>Have you actually read any of her works
>this accusation
Lust is what I'd recommend after The Piano Teacher (unless you'd like to read the book and not just watch the film, of course)

Her depictions of sadomasochism are the most interesting I've seen anywhere, that is of course what's she most known for. I'm not a massive fan, but I feel like she's deeply underrated. And I think it's weird she isn't talked about more on here

One of our early tripfags was a big fan. I'm not sure whether it was more to do with xer hero Isabel Huppert being in the film adaptation or the whole sexual struggle thing too.

I avoid talking about it because I find I often end up unwittingly in a discussion about that Australian pianist that had a mental breakdown playing Rachmaninoff or the one about that Jewish piano player during the holocaust (haven't seen that one), and explaining I meant The Piano Teacher and what it's all about weirds plebs out.

>womeme writers

waht are you doign

>accusation
I didn't mean to because I couldn't tell from your post if you're famililiar with her work or just her idiosyncrasies

I'd rather skip The Piano Teacher then, or is it worth reading just for the prose? Did you know that she translated Gravity's Rainbow into German?

>underrated
On Veeky Forums maybe. She's won the Nobel prize like a decade ago

I am femanon, I read almost all of her books and I aprove this thread. Jelinek is Veeky Forums alright.

"Lust" was very painful to read tho

>"Lust" was very painful to read tho
In a good way?

yes. Even more virulent than The Piano Teacher.

Any scenes in particular that you found memorable?

he said, already having whipped his dick out in anticipation of yet another masturbatory session

Problem, user?

in Lust? all the sex descriptions are so nasty. Jelinek always writes about women that denigrate themselves but are actually more human than the rest. Go read it, user :)

why would you point out that you are female

I saw Haneke's film. It was shit.

Basically the main character is the woman equivalent of Johnny Boy from Mean Streets except with lots of fuck stuff.

jelinek is cool but when i read her it feels like someone is screaming at me which triggers my delicate soul
but i like her work and would recommend it to anyone

Really want to read this now.

>i'm a grill btw xD
y tho

Probably because the author of the book in discussion is female but who knows

i wish she was my wife