Do these actually add flavor to anything or do they just take on the flavor of what they are cooked with...

Do these actually add flavor to anything or do they just take on the flavor of what they are cooked with? I have always used them out of habit in stir fry and curries but I don't really notice them, they just seem like filler.

Disgusting fungus.

you need to fry the water out of them first. Otherwise they're just watery sponges.

They have a lot of flavor after that imo.

They're just filler food really. Mushrooms for people who don't actually like mushrooms but don't want to sound like whiny children.

I do use them at times, but in combination with other mushrooms (like when I need to bulk up a stroganoff that uses dried mushrooms) or in sauces with white wine and garlic.

All mushrooms contain relatively high amounts of MSG which can improve the flavor of any dishes it is cooked with. Like the other user said, it is a good idea to cook the water out of them first, otherwise they will have a slimy texture

This

Obviously they don't have the strongest flavor ever, the trick is to not "overpower" them with other stuff (spices, cheese, etc)

If I'm cooking them with other things, I'll try to make smth a bit more mild, or throw them in towards the end

I got the best results by frying them a bit separately and adding them/mixing them in on the plate at the end

meatier texture

As far as flavor goes white meadow mushrooms are pretty mild. If I want to up the mushroom flavor in a dish I reach for a more flavorful type like a porcini.

This. Mushrooms are a meat substitute and little else, I never understood the appeal beyond that. It's borderline flavorless at the cheap end and overpowering at the expensive end.

I will say they they are great for making a sauce if you strain them out and throw them in the garbage where fungus belongs.

>I don't really notice them,

Go back to McDonalds.

>inb4 it's bland
>inb4 palette

bit of an earthiness. Cook together diced mushroom, celery, and onion and you'll see what I mean

*palate
An easy way to remember this is a little sentence such as "this is the food my pal ate to please his palate"
Try this, it'll stop you looking such a thunder-cunt on food and cooking boards, thunder-cunt.

Shit's delicious when you fry up champignon heads with some butter or oil. Add a little bit of pepper and you got yourself a great low calorie meal.

I love how they change colour from bland white to brownish / orange when doing so.

you fucking moron

English orthography is fucked beyond recovery.

ITT people who have a shit palate and cannot taste mushrooms due to years of mouth abuse from fast food.

Or maybe they just don't cook em well.

>t. thunder-cunt

Kek

the texture is disgusting, it's like chewing on eyeballs

That brown dirt stuff on the mushrooms you buy.

It's literally shit. You are washing shit off of something you intend to cook and eat.

If it grows and is harvested in shit, it is shit and should not be eaten. But to all you mushroom lovers, enjoy your poop sandwich you shit talking shit eaters. ROFL

How do you know what that is like

I'm not sure if you've had either really rotten mushrooms, or really dried out eyeballs, because I don't think that comparison works out very well.

isnt it funny how the most obvious sissy fuckbois are always the ones with the most badass images?

Enjoy eating shit. If you're still hungry you can lick my asshole you poop gurgler.

you wish, faggot

plz

Expensive and worthless

Mushrooms are cheap as fuck on planet Earth.