New into Veeky Forums

new into Veeky Forums

one question, please be honest.

Why do u hate each other? analytical vs continental?

i mean it, cant u just contemplate both slopes?

There's no way you could know that if you're new.

Continentals think anything with numbers or logical notation is useless and not philosophy. Analytics think that all continentals are just poorly disguised charlatans wrapping their nonsense in obfuscatory language.

Both of them are wrong.

The culture of this board hosts many people who in the real work are probably regarded as intellectuals however out of them only 1-2 out of 10 are. When all these psudo-intellectuals come on Veeky Forums and then an another psudo-intellectual calls them out they begin a horrid circle jerk of 'IM BETTER YOUR STUPID" kinda crap.

Of course there are still the small amount of actual people who know what they're talking about (spoiler im not one of them) so overall the board is probably the most intellectual since its not summer in here all year round

>continental
this is a good troll

ive been instructing myself past 2 months.

is basically how they focus on epistemology that they make differ one from another?

had this on mind, but for what i know its been plenty of years they workd together to diverge from each other

no troll, i used to troll on /g/ before

No. They're separate traditions that differ primarily on methodology and how to approach philosophical problems. An analytic and continental philosopher will likely have different philosophies in regards to epistemology, but that falls under the two differences mentioned.

And what difference in epistemology would that be? It's not that I doubt you, I'm genuinely interested.

Analytic: ur language a shit cant know nuffin not even if u have hands its basis of knowledge not knowledge t. knower. -NO- spooky ghost metaphysic for me (use it or lose it kid)

Continental: Tell me more about the facticity of being in your mother's asshole. history rulezzz. be cool to each other ok 8-| life = weiiiiiirrrd and awwwkwaaardddd :/

Analytical philosophy is a specific tradition mostly found in the anglo world. It's really autistic at times, but has some good stuff.
Continental philosophy doesn't exist, it's a term made up by Russel.

i hate talking about the analytic and continental camps. Literally nothing good has ever come of it.

Hate is fun.

>Continental philosophy doesn't exist, it's a term made up by Russel.
Define "exist". Define "made up".

Continental philosophy is a set of 19th- and 20th-century philosophical traditions from mainland Europe.[1][2] This sense of the term originated among English-speaking philosophers in the second half of the 20th century, who used it to refer to a range of thinkers and traditions outside the analytic movement. Continental philosophy includes the following movements: German idealism, phenomenology, existentialism (and its antecedents, such as the thought of Kierkegaard and Nietzsche), hermeneutics, structuralism, post-structuralism, French feminism, psychoanalytic theory, and the critical theory of the Frankfurt School and related branches of Western Marxism.[3]

>Philosophy has two separate traditions. You belong to one or the other.

Thx
So continental is something peyorative?

I really want to know what strong points i can get from each one now

The term itself i mean

>philosophy is real

Im trying to learn both of em as muxh as i can yolo

Info pic?

your mom lol

>Thx
As you can see they are only related insofar that "Continentals" say X and Analytics say "nuh-uh".

Philosophy is p much dead.

>Philosophy is p much dead.

Speak for you're self lol

kek