PATRISH GF?

Hey Veeky Forums,

I'm snooping around the apartment of a hipster girl I'm dating, and I'm wondering if she's patrician. I found small book/CD collections, and here's what she has:

> books
Robert Louis Stevenson - Kidnapped
James Joyce - A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man
Stefan Zweig - Beware of Pity
Koushun Takami - Battle Royale
Joseph Campbell - The Hero With a Thousand Faces
Walker Hamilton - All the Little Animals
William Gibson - Count Zero
Haruki Murakami - Kafka On the Shore
Neal Stephenson - The Diamond Age
Stefan Zweig - The Collected Novellas
Ovid - Amores I
Haruki Murakami - 1Q84

> CDs
Knapsack - Day Three of My New Life
Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets
Television - Marquee Moon
Fugazi - Red Medicine
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
The Wedding Present - Seamonsters

thoughts are very appreciated

her music taste > her lit taste but both are passable at best

Murakami is shit, but otherwise she has good taste in books. The fact that she's got Ovid there should tell you that she's a keeper.

yep OP has pretty good taste

>wherein user prevaricates on the topic of his taste and presents his most cherished craftpieces of written word as if belonging to his mistress

Shes patrician. Does she have short hair nad

Murakami is comfy shit, like a warm turd with a thin delicate crust and complete homogenous jelly-like core, it just feels good to the touch.

nope, black hair just past the shoulders

Her music taste is basic as fuck.

I disagree, my good fellow. I find him rather dull and dry. I wouldn't say pretentious, but he certainly bites more than he can chew. But I respect your opinion for liking him.

Don't listen to the pedantic c/lit/s OP, she has unusually sophisticated taste. When assessing a person's taste I think more emphasis should be put on the variety of media/art they consume; as cultural omnivorousness is(from my experience) a definite sign of intelligence and general quality of character.

Look fine to me. Nice range, no YA/Shades of shit stuff. If she does anal, keep her around.

I'd instantly love any girl into Joyce, Gibson, and Fugazi.

I think this is true more of general goodness. When I'm going through a pleasant period I'm always more eclectic in taste.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm afraid she doesn't do anal but she's bi-curious. Her lesbian friends are all uggo unfortunately.

>Stefan Zweig

yeah her taste is pretty patrician.

>12 books in entire apartment
>patrician

lolnope.jpg

she put together a small collection from a list she found while researching "books to own to show off how smart and interesting i am"

REEEEE ROASTIE GET OFF MY BOARD

imagine being this ridiculously bitter.

Lit taste above average, some good stuff, but not great

Music not classical therefore shit