Thoughts on Instant Coffee?

Thoughts on Instant Coffee?

Do you drink it? How does it compare to "real" coffee?

For all the coffee brew accoutrements I currently own, I still keep buying instant, just can't be bothered brewing, I drink LaVassa instant which contains ground bits, does the job.

I mostly drink instant. There are some brands that actually taste completely fine

It's alright. It doesn't move my bowels like fresh beans do though.

I used to drink this stuff at my last job since it was better than what they had and I drank like 4 cups a night.

Pretty alright, but I thought it had a kind of burnt taste. I had a whole bag left after I quit so I gave it to my family and they like it.

Tried some instant Bustelo once. Threw the rest out afterward.

instant coffee is fucking trash.

most people who say they don't like the bitterness of coffee drank instant coffee.

>thoughts
I respect the engineering that went into making it a thing

>Do you drink it
Generally no, but at some Indian restaurants they serve it mixed with hot milk instead of water, and a lot of sugar. I enjoy that, for what it is. Given a choice between instant coffee and Starbucks, for instance, I'm not sure I have a strong opinion on which is better. For the most part it comes down to what you do with it, rather than the properties of the core ingredient itself.

>How does it compare to "real" coffee
Same way that garlic powder compares to "real" garlic. They're both "real", but they have very different purposes and characteristics. Only a fool would think to evaluate them as equals. But we've got a lot of people on this board who grew up eating and drinking nothing but highly processed food, so they need to validate themselves by loudly denouncing anything that reminds them of the broken home they grew up in. My dad was a coffee freak since I was a baby, well before "good coffee" was a associated with tattooed douchebags making constipated expressions while weighing the water (I guess just in case its mass can no longer be determined by volume due to some changes in the laws of physics) so to me all coffee is interesting, from gesha micro-lots to coffee-flavored candy.

But to some this is a question of proving something to themselves and/or others, and I can understand if you had bad parents, you might feel the need to rant about how evil instant coffee is.

Oh look, a "holier than thou" post on Veeky Forums, I'm so fucking suprised.

Oh look, a "people who genuinely care about things are jerks" post on Veeky Forums, I'm so fucking surprised

Used to drink the stuff when I was poor, now I only drink tea.
Always found that it gives me a better caffeine rush than real coffee. Not sure if it's meant to do that or if it was just me.

I think I use it only in one of three cases:

When making iced milk coffee.
When making coffee hot chocolate.
In baked goods.

There might be others that aren't coming to mind right now but even those three I listed are rare as I seldom-to-never use instant.

See, coffee made from instant tastes like absolute dogshit because it lacks the oils found in brewed coffee and, for this reason, it should never be served without dairy fat. That's why I use it for iced milk coffee, which is pretty delicious, and never for plain coffee, which is ugh-tier at best.
Pic related: it's Greek-style iced milk coffee.

I've never tried Indian instant coffee. Indonesian/Malaysian, sure, but not Indian. Most Indians I know (Tamil and Bangla) make coffee with a sock. They boil ground coffee in sugar syrup, let it cool, pour it through a sock, squeeze it of its liquor and store it in the fridge. To serve. they boil milk and froth it with the coffee concentrate by pouring back and forth between two tumblers. Are you sure the Indians you know use instant and not concentrate?

As for garlic powder, I've never used it but I know what you mean because the same is true of Tamil cuisine and using sukku (dry ginger) and inji (fresh ginger). There are many Tamil recipes which use both because the two are not interchangeable and have different qualities, especially regarding taste.

I know that in American southern cuisine, the same is true of fresh onion and onion powder, where the two fill different roles in different recipes and are similarly not interchangeable.

I drink it while camping with several shots of whiskey in it, other than that I grind and brew my own with my home equipment

Depends on the style of camping. For me, camping is incomplete without using my old blue percolator on the campfire.

I do mostly things like 5 day round hikes and canoe trips with shitty backwoods portages so I try to pack as light as possible. The coffee is mostly a vehicle for caffeine anyways

χαχαχα ελ ρε με τη φραπεδια

Faggot.

I'm drinking this one and this is a good one.

Im from japam

This is a good post, but I think you're missing a small post. This isn't just about shitty parents and growing up with crap food. Most of these people that hold these opinions are just failures. They have terrible lives and have never accomplished anything. They have a terrible job, no friends and had sex with a fat chick two years ago.

This leads to a strong desire of being superior. Since they can't accomplish this in any meaningful way, they look for anything that can make them seem better than the average pleb. So they instantly shout down powdered ingredients, popular beers, and fast food. It's regardless of their actual opinion, they just need to tell themselves they're better than someone else and this is the only way they know how.

Avoid Folgers like the fucking plague.
This. Nescafe is good stuff.

My african-american fellow
I'll get into coffee eventually, but this is good.

>had sex with a fat chick

How fat are we talking? I love fat bitches. More cushion for the pushin'.

I can't stand those people who are like, oh i have to have my motherfucking artisan coffee that costs 50 dollars a bag. Instant all the way because I'm a workin' man and I aint got time for that espresso machine shit.

Nescafe all the way

in all honesty it's pretty fucking good and you don't have to faff around like a retard with all the hipster bullshit.

I recently moved in with some new room mates and they were using instant coffee in their coffee maker... apparently they had been doing it for years

I pick up a few jars of this every year to share with the office. It's decent when you're the only one who wants coffee and you don't want to make an entire pot or to mix into hot cocoa.

it gives me headaches

Are you black or something? I've never met anyone except black people who actually go after fatties. I did get memed and tried to have sex with a fattie once, I figured there must be something to the memes. Nope. It was like trying to have sex with a warm, soft wall with hair that smelled nice, and a mouth. I couldn't even get erect and we just cuddled. I felt really bad because we were sort of friends and it was really awkward after that. 0/10 would not do that again.

Folks, unless you are fat and have no other choice, there is no reason to degrade yourself like that. She's not gonna be happy, you're not gonna be happy.

LOL! Did they use a filter, too?

>I think I use it only in one of three cases:
>When making iced milk coffee.
>When making coffee hot chocolate.
>In baked goods.
>There might be others that aren't coming to mind right now but even those three I listed are rare as I seldom-to-never use instant.
>See, coffee made from instant tastes like absolute dogshit because it lacks the oils found in brewed coffee and, for this reason, it should never be served without dairy fat. That's why I use it for iced milk coffee, which is pretty delicious, and never for plain coffee, which is ugh-tier at best.
>Pic related: it's Greek-style iced milk coffee.
best answer