What is this? I got about 550 pages in, and I can't follow it, because I don't care about anything that is going on...

What is this? I got about 550 pages in, and I can't follow it, because I don't care about anything that is going on. Why is this considered a masterpiece?

Because you're a retard.

Joyce is the Jackson Pollock of literature. FInnegans Wake is worse.

He didnt read it.

In the early 20th century people were very preoccupied with being complete shitheads in the artistic world so we have stuff like this.

sounds like you got to oxen of the sun

looks like u just got juggled by joyce the jiggler

H'es nothing like Jackson Pollock. He's more like Picasso.

Can't really see what's the deal with Ulysses' supposed difficulty desu.

Oxen of the Sun has a few paragraphs at the start that are difficult to read because of weird syntax. That's pretty much the only hard part.

Yeah, and it also has some erudition flexing but it's not like it's an obstacle to the reading

>I'm super duper smart and I don't like this book because nothing makes sense and its not making me enjoy like I do with steph- I mean, with other others, so it's shit!

>le I don't care :^] maymay
Maybe twilight is more your speed? The idea that the worth of literature is decided by whether some daft twat online cares about it or not is purely 21st century vanity.

Plus, Pollock has some brilliant work anyway. Though, I do agree that he has some utterly worthless work.
I agree Joyce is more like Picasso, but, if we're going to label him with with an abstract American painter, it's Rothko. Ain't no nigga could deny the depth of Rothko's work.

woah okay EINSTEIN!

It's a meme. No one actually likes the book. It's the literary equivalent to a fart in a bath

Saying that it's a meme is a bigger meme. If you aren't retarded it's very easy to see why it's considered great even if you don't agree.

It took me a while to realize you were alluding to Stephen King and not Dedalus.

I thought it was Stephanie Meyer, though it works either way.

The biggest meme is calling things a meme.

>Rothko
stop memeing dawg

its a problematic, obscurantist masterpiece. Largely for technical reasons. Nobody really 'enjoys' it but its greatness is difficult to deny.

Especially if you try to write yourself,

Plenty of people enjoy it.

INFINITE JEST > GR=White Noise=Ulysses