What is it about Asian diets that keeps Asian people healthy, slim...

What is it about Asian diets that keeps Asian people healthy, slim, and devoid of diabeetus and all kinds of other American problems?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GQb5Fe6hZXw
livestrong.com/article/412142-is-rice-good-if-you-are-on-a-low-fat-diet/
cnbc.com/2015/11/15/cutting-down-on-kimchi-south-korea-cheese-imports-soar-as-trade-deals-open-door.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

malnutrition

there's a reason them niggas only like 5 foot tall on average.

You mean like sumo wrestlers?

Lots of fresh vegetables that haven't been cooked to death, not so many liquid calories (unsweetened tea/water instead of beer, coca cola, mountain dew or milk), smaller portions, smaller portions!. And in many cases still lots of physical labour. That's how it used to be. "Modern", westernized Asians suffer from the same problems that westerners have, or worse.

They don't eat.

That's the secret.

Eating-related diseases go away if you just don't fucking eat.

Indonesia. There's 250 million+ of them
Most are poor but even those who are on the poverty line drink tea full of sugar like it's going out of fashion, along with rice and everything else deep fried in palm oil they can afford.

The difference is, they don't eat disgusting processed shit like ameriblubbers do.

They don't live as long on average but they have a much smaller footprint of the beetus and everything else a high fructose corn syrup diet brings you.

Eat fresh you dumb cunts, eat smart, eat less processed shit and you will be happier and healthier

They have their own problems. Cholesterol is a massive issue due to the palm oil containing high saturates fats

America is still really screwed though. You have the option to eat healthy and live a long life, these Asians don't have the opportunity to buy olive oil at affordable prices so they get sick and die

Yeah, genetics.

Mainly it's the absence or low amount of sugar/carbs present in food. Meat, vegetables along with the benefits of soy and ginger are all very healthy. These are often the mainstays in Asian cooking. That's all there really is to it.

In the US, there are number of issues that probably snowballed together that increased the frequency of diabetes and obesity in the population ranging from culture to even commercial/political agendas.

Sugar/carbs are bad for you and you should regulate them regardless of what diet you keep. Fat and oils are not as harmful as they have been previously viewed as. Obviously an excess amount is bad for you. But things that are fat-free are not necessarily better than their fat counterparts. Besides, fat is flavor. Tastes good, man.

Beetus is a huge problem in Indonesia you tird. And most people ate no-sugar/no fried until very recently.

High amount of starches (rice), fair amount of veg, smaller servings of meat and little dairy. Pretty much just balanced and low fat meals, more normal portion sizes and they're generally quite a bit more active.

>>Sugar/carbs are bad for you and you should regulate them regardless of what diet you keep.

Quite the contrary.

Is the correct answer.

>olive oil is the key to long life

Lol, what is this 1987?

>absence or low amount of sugar/carbs present in food
lets just ignore the fact that 90% of their diet is rice

he thinks high serum cholesterol is due to ingesting saturated fats XDDDD

Asian people actually do get diabetes, and at a higher rate of prevalence that Europeans

All that white rice man

My families cantonese and we eat a lot of meat and nearly every dish is salty+fatty.
Also a lot of preserved fish which is supposedly carcinogenic. Not sure though, it's probably just portion size or genetics.

>Mainly it's the absence or low amount of sugar/carbs present in food
This is the most dumb post I have ever encountered here on Veeky Forums. Rice. Noodles. Dude, what are you fucking talking about.

Less meat.
I'm vegetarian, can attest.
:-)

they are also more comfortable bringing up people's weight and I assume there is some pressure to not be seen as a fat shit.

>low amount of carbs
>rice is at least 50% of every meal by volume

pick one

Mostly plant (rice)-based diet with little meat usually treated as a condiment not a main course by itself along with sparing use of dairy and liquid calories.

This was independently documented and proven by a doctor in the US who institutionalized his patients and treated with only dietary intervention for disease and obesity treatment several decades ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=GQb5Fe6hZXw
livestrong.com/article/412142-is-rice-good-if-you-are-on-a-low-fat-diet/

These days as the proliferation of dairy and cheap meat have made Asian cuisine more Westernized, you see the same health problems we popping up more often in those places. This is especially true in places like the Hawaiian Islands, the Philippines, South Korea, and the Okinawa region of Japan.
cnbc.com/2015/11/15/cutting-down-on-kimchi-south-korea-cheese-imports-soar-as-trade-deals-open-door.html

asians eat more veggies and fish
also drink tea instead of soda

this desu, and it still is true

t. malaysian chink

Cheese and milk isn't part of their diet. Something Americans (mainly mid westerners) seem to be all about.

a day without a nice glass of milk is like a day without air

Good goy

you dont wanna see me when i go without a glass of my patented blend of pasteurized water, cream, cow pus and milk

i get scary....