Booze/alcohol

Booze/alcohol for the new year.

I absolutely love bloody marys. Every time I go to a new bar it's the first drink I get, because it's always made a bit different.

I want to make my own. Anyone have any luck with a good blood mary mix of some kind? I think arguably the hardest part is deciding what tomato juice to use.
Like mine spicy so I'll be adding hot sauce and what not.

Booze thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewersassociation.org/zymurgy/pharaoh-ale-brewing-a-replica-of-an-ancient-egyptian-beer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vodka is for communists

Then I love being a communist.

This OP. Make your own tomato juice if you can and do 50/50 clamato/tomato, pepper, bit of olive juice, and whatever hot sauce/booze you like. Makes a pretty mean cocktail at home

Here's my recipe:

Fresh squeezed lime juice and fresh ground black pepper in the bottom of the shaker. Worcestershire (Lea and Perrins--not the fake crap). Hot sauce. Vodka. V8 juice.

I'm not communist and my drink of choice is straight vodka

Exactly what a commie would say.

Vodka is for fags and women.

>I absolutely love bloody marys. Every time I go to a new bar it's the first drink I get, because it's always made a bit different.

so you go to a bar to get full as fuck from thick drink?

Not everybody goes to the bar to get shitcanned. I go for a drink and a bite to eat all the time. Besides, I don't think a bloody mary is that thick. Depends who makes it but I could go through a few without feeling full.

White Russian, now that's a 1 drink quitter for me. So tasty though.

>Getting full off one drink
lmao
But yes and no. I get bloody marys for taste. So I could get just one bloody mary and be done for the night while I eat my food and bounce. Or I drink my bloody mary and drink a bunch of other shit after but less food.

Just depends on the night.

This year I did spritzers cause fuck it.
-2 parts Valley Vineyards White Reflections
-1 part club soda
-a splash of Cointreau.

that wine kinda blows on its own, but its sweetness is great for a spritzer.

I couldn't find tonic so I just went to the nearest store and made myself a shitty gin and sprite desu. It was alright though.

Homebrew ale brewed with Mandrake root. On my second bottle now, with pronounced cotton mouth. Will keep posted if I start seeing things... Anyone tried something like this before?

>mandrake root

Better take it easy and only drink one or two. In addition to inducing hallucinations, it can also be toxic. Dry mouth like you're experiencing is one of the affects, so it means the toxic compounds are present.

Seriously, don't drink much more.

Organic tomato juice, lemon zest and juice, celery salt, black pepper, Lea and Perrins, shot of beef stock, 1/2 shot of white wine, horseradish grated on a wasabi grater, Tobasco, Caribbean hot sauce (I like Susies) and Vodka of course!

A nice bitter stout will take the edge off and allow you to appreciate a truley patrician flavour.

I have no problem not drinking day to day, but after one night of drinking i have this immediate urge for more the next morning, as soon as i wake up, and the cycle continues from then usually for about 3 or 4 days. it causes complete havoc with my life. does anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like alcoholism friendo. Maybe you should stop cold turkey.

Anybody here ever done a dry month? Trying it out this January but not sure how to keep doing alcohol furthered social interactions.

Worth doing? Experience?

The secret to a good bloody Mary is fuck vodka.

Gin is way better.

I haven't had a good bloody mary in forever, which is annoying. I've loved them for a while, but recently, everything is chunky as fuck and WAY overdone. It's become popular to just keep throwing more shit in there as opposed to focusing on the flavor.

You know it's a problem when my favorite bloody mary recently was served mostly out of a can while on an airplane.

I would like some cocktail recommendations

I usually just get generic shit like rum and coke or cranberry and vodka, but the other day I tried a tequila sunrise and it was pretty good

>drinking cocktails for the flavor

You guys are something else, you know that? The only cocktail worth getting is rum and coke because it goes down fast and tastes the least worst.

I drink to get drunk but trying out new flavors is fun

I'm neither and I drink vodka drinks sometimes

moscow mules are tasty and simple

I drank gin and some mead that my weird friend brought

Obligatory post in which I have to say don't cold turkey off of alcohol if you've been drinking heavily for a long time.

I made a bloody mary from scratch once. I started with a low sodium V8, and upped the salt with Worcester, olive brine, and celery salt. I finished it off with some tobasco and a generous heap of black pepper.

Everything to taste. Unfortunately I never measured anything but it was one of the best bloody marys I had ever tasted.

Is your recipe similar to this?

homebrewersassociation.org/zymurgy/pharaoh-ale-brewing-a-replica-of-an-ancient-egyptian-beer/

Also, please listen to that user's advice. Any kind of buzz isn't worth the risk of dying of heart failure. Even passing out is dangerous, especially now that you've got loose bottles lying around.

Picked up some gin over the holidays since I've never had some before.

Am I literally sipping on rubbing alcohol or something? Shit smells like my doctor's office.

Gin is kinda nasty

I wonder how a John Collin's is, though.

Why not?

you're sipping on pine-sol

Started with v8..... "From scratch.... Nigga you retarded.

it's pretty easy to do, so long as you bitch and moan about it the entire time and look forward to drinking the first second of february.

if it's for an indefinite amount of time... well, that's a different ballgame.

gin is better for many things, but whisky is the best alcohol for bloody marys.

Had my first recently. You wouldn't guess from the ingredient list that they would taste well when mixed

I've been in a loop of this. I'll go on a bender and stop going to work and have to move back with my dad for a bit to save up, I'll quit drinking for a bit and then do it again. I'm in the middle of losing my car and apartment don't know how I'm gonna get to work to start saving up this time.
Why Bloody Mary when you can have a Caesar.
Clamato juice, celery salt, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, witches tire, el yucateco green sauce, Tabasco, pickle brine, olive brine, lime juice, everclear, gin, red wine,

Thanks, I'll order one next time I go out drinking

I want to try every single IBA cocktail. Has anyone here done this yet?

amen
white rum>baijiu>tequila>ouzo>vodka

I fucking love me some dirty martini.

I have never tried this but now definitely want to. Thank you for the suggestion, user.

Bloody Marys are utterly disgusting.

Because you can die, idiot

bloody mary is a ceasar for turbo plebs