I'm looking to be frugal this year on eating expenses so I can finally pay off my truck and get myself an apartment...

I'm looking to be frugal this year on eating expenses so I can finally pay off my truck and get myself an apartment. To do this I'm cutting back on expensive proteins and going with pork and fish to satisfy my diet. Going over the selection at the market the other day, I saw that rockfish is a fairly inexpensive fish, but I've never worked with it before.

Anyone familiar with the best way to cook rockfish?

Other urls found in this thread:

japanfoodaddict.com/seafood/kinki-no-nitsuke/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That looks like it's probably expired.

I dunno man 2013 was only 3 years ago technically. Maybe it's still good.

>Anyone familiar with the best way to cook rockfish?

What form do you have? Fillets? Skin on/off? the whole fish?

Where are you from where pork and fish are the cheap proteins?

Looked like they typically sold skin-off fillets. Was thinking of just a good pan swear with continuous butter basting unless anyone has better ideas.

Commiefornia

Sell the truck and buy an affordable hatchback with good gas mileage and you will never have to skimp on food again. Win win,

wah lah.

I'm not OP, but in my area (Texas) pork is one of the cheapest meats around. It's barely any more expensive than chicken. Even fancy small-farm-raised heritage breed pork is cheaper that most cuts of beef.

>>skin-off fillets.
How boring. Yeah, pan seared would be good. You could also blacken it cajun-style, or fry it.

It's too bad they're not whole or skin-on. The skin of rockfish is super tasty when cooked in a manner that it comes out crispy. I also love them deep-fried whole with a very light dusting of cornstarch only (no batter), Asian style. They're also great grilled, but that could be hard to do with a skinless fillet without it falling apart on you.

In Tennessee, you can routinely find chicken thigh and drums for 60-90 cents a pound and cheap cuts of pork for 1.00-1.50 a pound....

It says city and state, you donkey!

>To do this I'm cutting back on expensive proteins and going with pork and fish to satisfy my diet.

White meat is always cheaper and healthier than red meat. No pork. Buy chicken breast instead.

Fish can be expensive depending on where you live. Get canned tuna for best price:value ratio.

>White meat is always cheaper and healthier

Stop being retarded, please.

nigger if you're in debt then you can't afford "rockfish" or any other hipster shit meat that this board pushes

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

sounds like i make u butthurt

suck it up, kid

>butthurt

More like confused. Not the normal kind of confused you get when you don't know something, but the eerie confused when you see something like midgets shitting in their hands and flinging it at a man dress in a horse head costume that's having sex with a pineapple.

I'm now certain you don't know what you're talking about.

>I'm now certain you don't know what you're talking about.

whatever helps ur butthurt diminish, bro

ur post was really pathetic, btw

:^)

japanfoodaddict.com/seafood/kinki-no-nitsuke/

One of my favourite fish recipes, very simple.

>kinki

no thanks

If you want a cheap but pretty delicious fish just get Swai (vietnamese catfish) fillets from Walmart. It's just about $11 for a 4lb bag. Swai is a white flaky fish that doesn't have a strong fish flavor, cooks pretty quickly, and very juicy.

Way better than Tilapia for a cheap fish.