His cuisine has loads of cheese in it

>His cuisine has loads of cheese in it.

I'm looking at you mid westerners.

How Intolerant of you

french cuisine is full of butter and cheese

fuck off yuropoor

wow, those are some nice looking indiana salads.

midwestern """cuisine""" is nothing more than casserole slop full of crap like cheese and cream

>B-BUT MUH GRANNY'S RECIPE

casseroles are for people who don't have the capacity to prepare actual food

get fucked, Midwesterners and good post, OP

You know nothing. Speak from experience or speak from what people like you who know nothing post on a board. The latter making you look humourous. If you think the midwest is casseroles and nothing else, you are an idiot plain and simple.

Why don't you share some of your knowledge with us then....or are you just shitposting?

Obviously it is hyperbole but he's not wrong. Midwesterners get angry when the plate isn't loaded with slop piled to eye level. The idea that food could come in shapes other than "jabba the hut" or colors besides grey, brown, white, and orange makes them angrily start ranting about "third world containment cities" and anything nicer than cheesecake factory is pretentious.

As a born and raised midwesterner, I can confirm this.

This reminds me of my family
>cooks literally everything in chicken broth
>overcooks any and all meats.
>piles any noodle or pasta dish with Mexican 3-cheese blend, even pad Thai
>any condiments other than ketchup or miracle whip are "too spicy"
>the only seasonings they use are salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash
>use corn syrup instead of maple syrup on their pancakes

I hate visiting my home city for the holidays.

god damn that's depressing

hang in there user

God they do put cheese on everything in the Midwest. Especially salad. I didn't even know cheese in salad was a thing until I moved to South Dakota. They just pile in giant lumps of grated Kraft cheddar, then add bacon bits and torrents of ranch dressing. It's disgusting.

>the only seasonings they use are salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash

That's actually pretty adventurous. I've known people whose entire spice cabinet consisted of just salt and pepper.

is hot """dish""" the 'go'za of the north?

The really rebellious ones become hot sauce heads. They can't conceive of flavors more interesting than "cheese product microwaved with starchy tuber and/or fried bread thing", so rather than learning about cooking like people in normal places, they develop an encyclopedic knowledge of brands of bottled hot sauce.

Can confirm. Just moved to wisconsin and the people here are huge. Also, carbs and cheese everywhere. Oval shaped people everywhere. Produce is expensive and not very good. I have an average body and I am considered hot around here. Ill take it.

>fine 'idwest 'uisine

lol i moved from wisconsin to chicago and the difference in body shapes was one thing that took some adjusting. still some thicc people here but on average everyone is skinnier, but also shorter too?

Constant intake of rBGH from the time you slide out of your mom's gash tends to make you both wide and tall, like a prized heifer.

It's why when you order clothes from Yoox a Large is the same as an American Small.

cheese is good

>Veeky Forums now hates cheese

Is there a food any of you faggots actually like?

>>use corn syrup instead of maple syrup on their pancakes
no they don't

Wisconsin is right around the national average in obesity

Yeah it is the same thing when I go to minneapolis too. Skinny fit people. Lots of dairy+refined carbs+hormone laden meat = yuuuuuuuuuggggee people.

>tfw I've never liked the taste of cheese
>more and more people are saying it's shit-tier cooking to use it
Thank fuck.

Just because I don't constantly cram my gaping maw with cheese doesn't mean I hate it. Everything in moderation, my egg-shaped northern friendo.

"Average" doesn't mean "good" when it comes to American obesity rankings

>>more and more people are saying it's shit-tier cooking to use it
No one has ever said this while not trolling

stay mad, lardster

>my egg-shaped northern friendo.

My BMI is 21, faggot. You guys are worse than /mu/ as far as pretension is concerned. No one on that board likes music and apparently no one here actually likes food.

where were you when the cheese war began?

>likes '''food'''
No, we just have different ideas of what '''food''' is

For me, it doesn't ooze out of a microwave freezer bag

Michifag here. I luh that shit, you suck fucking cuck. Can you honestly say that you think casseroles taste bad? is totally right, this is typical Veeky Forums bitching but I've already bitten.

I'll admit that I've heard salad referred to as "rabbit food" too often. Most of my mom's own cooking is comfort food and I hit 260 lb at my heaviest.

Have you ever even been to the midwest?

ive lost weight here from more walking plus eating less meat/more good food but im still larger than most people, i feel like ill always stick out in a way. wide shoulders dont help either. interesting that a move only 2 hours away makes that much difference

>260

Yeah, for 6 years, but I have a different point of view than you therefore I'm obviously either trolling or insane. I mean everyone who has been to the midwest clearly must think the food culture is the best ever, right?

I'm sorry your state's "cuisine" is prepackaged garbage tossed into a trough, but there's no need to project your anger onto us, my rotund Minnesotean compatriot.

ITT: midwesties SIZZLING in denial

I'm French, we use a lot of cheese in our cuisine.
Our cheese is nothing like your "cheese" by the way so I'm not sure if I should feel concerned.

Maybe because you are obviously making shit up and describing the midwest as though it is inhabited by midwestern characters in 70s movies

lol, how exactly is the cheese on there distinct from cheese you would find on a similar sandwich in America?

Its production is the result of the fermentation of milk. Huge difference with the greasy plastic you people make.

sizzling like a delicious can of cream'o'mush roasting over a warm, cozy fire.

Not him, but it really depends what you mean by "America"

I had a croque monsieur at a hotel bar in DC that tasted no different than what I've had in France

Then there's the ''''cheese'''' that you get at the average midwest establishment. It comes pressed between two pieces of polyethylene and melts at body temperature to a consistent goo, as designed by the industrial food scientists at Kraft Foods (now Mondelez) in 1957 when "this food came out of a laboratory and is perfectly edible" was as high praise as it got when it came to groceries.=

>ive never been to america

ok, you eat your moldy sludge, really patrician of you

In the midwest, Kraft singles are sen as a low tier child's food like hot dogs, you will very rarely see an adult put it on a sandwich.
Not to imply everyone is eating top tier cheese, but the basic tier cheese is not nearly as bad as you seem to think. Kraft singles are more of a black person/poverty thing than a midwestern thing

But user, there are barely any blacks in the midwest. They're concentrated in a few pockets around north minneapolis, south chicago, gary, and detroit. But that's about it. You're not getting out of this by blaming it on "the niggers", as I said before I've lived there and you're not fooling anyone

Fuck off man, the farm is inherently a laboratory, stop it with the antiscience bullshit

Make fun of food based on its actual taste and quality, don't resort to misguided fearmongering about what is "natural"

>But user, there are barely any blacks in the midwest.
Yeah, that was precisely my point. Calling Kraft singles a Midwestern thing is just wrong. The midwest makes most of America's quality cheese, Kraft factory cheese is from California

I know, thank you.
No mold = no cheese. Wrap your head around that.

You seem to have confused this for a discussion about something that it's not.

The fact is, it's not the 50s anymore and the laboratory aesthetic is associated with making low quality foods as palatable as possible to in turn feed the masses as cheaply as possible. Foods that come out of a spray can were seen as revolutionary at the time and were very much a status symbol. Today, not so much. And yet, people like you resort to bizarro logic like "if he doesn't snort eze-cheese out of a spray can it means he's an anti-vaxxer"

STFU

>"quality cheese"
See Differing definitions

There is no definition of quality cheese by which the Midwest does not make most of it in America

Again, I am talking about the food's quality and flavor, not how cool or uncool the aesthetics of the process for making it is

No definition that a midwesterner would accept, considering he's never tasted cheese that has visible mold, strong flavors, or non-homogenous textures, nor would he consider it anything other than a manufacturing defect

I bet you like soup, faggot

ITT:

If it has to be explained to you that eze cheese isn't good quality or good tasting, you're basically making my point for me. People from the midwest, by and large, have absolutely no frame of reference by which to objectively evaluate food. Good means "what I'm used to" and bad means everything else. Unfortunately what they're used to is pretty god awful.

> cheese IS our national dish
t. Mexico

all of those things are commonly produced in the midwest. Are you just saying random shit hoping others who have never been there will believe you?

I'm not defending canned cheese. I am just scolding you for bring up dumb and irrelevant things in your argument. You are more worried about aesthetic than quality, you do things to be seen doing them, and that makes you bad

>People from the midwest, by and large, have absolutely no frame of reference by which to objectively evaluate food. Good means "what I'm used to" and bad means everything else
The fuck are you even basing this stuff on? The midwest is one of the most highly educated and affluent places in the world

>commonly produced
Yeah sure buddy. Right next to the famed durian farms and the world-renowned vineyards.

You honestly seem to believe that you can't judge a food by looking at it and smelling it, and that's a sad state of affairs
They're better educated than the deep south, yes. When it comes to food, they are clueless.

The midwest surely doesn't have the climate for top tier wine for the most part, but it has an ideal climate for cheese

It may or may not have an ideal climate for cheese, but what they choose to do with that climate is a whole other story.

Believe me nothing would make me happier than the midwest turning its dairy production capacity towards doing some good. Instead, you choose to make stuff like pic related.

You really shouldn't consider how you look while eating a food as you seem to. You are more worried about what other people will think than the actual physical and chemical properties of the food you eat

The midwest makes most of the US's cheese, both the good stuff and the mediocre stuff. No matter how much mediocre cheese they make it doesn't change the fact that they make most of the good stuff too

I'm not "worried" about anything, my eyes and nose are a pretty useful too in helping me evaluate food, unlike you apparently, who can only go by advertisements and whatever the locals in your area consider "normal food".

>pastuerized milk
>the good stuff
You've been lied to by the International Wisconsin International Cheese Association

>my eyes and nose are a pretty useful too in helping me evaluate food,
Then why are you more concerned with how a product is made than how it tastes and smells? You literally started your rant by saying food shouldn't come from a lab, thats why I started calling you out. Agriculture is inherently a scientific laboratory, its always been based on breeding animals and plants so they are more useful for human consumption (obviously the traits considered useful are constantly changing). I never once said Kraft California factory "cheese" is good, just that you shouldn't participate in dumb anti-science shit in an argument about how food tastes

Hooks cheddar is fucking delicious, if you don't think its good you obviously do not belong is a discussion on cheese

I'd eat it

Because how a product is made is, to a large extent, reflected in its packaging. I realize you think "normal cheese" comes from a spray can but (try to suspend disbelief for a moment here) I promise you it tastes nothing like high quality cheese that doesn't come in a spray can.

To you, the spray can embodies science and progress and ought to be worshiped. Anyone who fails to love it is some kind of luddite. To me, it represents an amusing experiment in the interactions between applied science and marketing, that had its time, and is now rightly recognized by decent people as an anachronism that belongs in the dark ages when macro beers terrorized every bar and weird canned garbage foods were the obligatory centerpieces of every holiday meal.

You mean '''cheese''', and you're right, I don't. I'd rather eat something good (cue the screams of "eew yuckeeeee" from midwesterners who have never seen real cheese)

To answer the inevitable question: yes, it will make you sick. Not gonna try it? Good, more for me.

>I realize you think "normal cheese" comes from a spray can
If you keep saying it, it must be true!

If you just define science as "stuff I like" and anti-science as "people who don't like stuff I like", it makes your opinions infallible!

haha, what?
So cheddar isn't real cheese for you?
Its one thing to whine about process cheese, but now you are just saying styles you don't like to talk about aren't real cheese

You are the one who invoked the laboratory imagery, not me

What I'm saying is, I've literally never had cheese from Wisconsin that was anything better than mediocre. I'll admit it makes an affordable substitute for some of the less complex (yet not inexpensive) cheeses from respectable cheese-producing areas. But there are no cheeses from Wisconsin that I'd call "the good stuff" unless I was being sarcastic. Literally every time I meet someone from Wisconsin it's "but what about _____" no, buddy, I've been playing this game for too long. I know how this ends.

I bet you think cheddar cheese originated in Wisconsin, don't you?

You were the one who defended what essentially amounts to cold war food rations as being "science therefore it's good"

Lol at the idea that people should only be able to make a product if the people who first made that product lived in close geographic proximity to their current location

I can call my cheese an attack helicopter but that doesn't make it so

No, I was telling you to base your arguments on the quality of the product rather than whining about laboratories.
I was just pointing out how your rhetoric made you look dumb, not defending anything

You should judge cheese on its taste, not the physical location it was produced on and how close that location is to where the first people who made a similar product were

sorry all the cheese you ate from wisconsin was the stuff you bought at gas station counters while paying for your gas. i lived in small ass towns and even there the grocery stores there had, along with the tons of decent but not great cheese, selections of things like brie or stilton blues etc, made in wisconsin. seriously, stop posting because you sound like an idiot lol

It's the same argument. Quality food does not come out of a laboratory. We already know how to make delicious stuff out of top notch ingredients. Where the labs come in is when we need to make shit tier garbage taste acceptable to the masses and last forever without a fridge. Could Kraft devote billions of dollars to figuring out how to make maybe a little less output, but at a higher quality level? I have no doubt they could. Have they done that? No, they haven't. So "laboratories" has a stigma, and rightly so.

Sorry you got triggered by "rhetoric"

Ok, except for English cheddar is superior in every possible way.

>You should judge cheese on its taste, not the physical location it was produced on

Says the guy defending Wisconsin garbage because the International Association of Wisconsin International Cheese Society told him Wisconsin is teh best

>Quality food does not come out of a laboratory
What a fucking backwards way to look at things. Both good and bad food can come out of a laboratory, being from a lab has nothing to do with the quality
>We already know how to make delicious stuff out of top notch ingredients
So we should never try new stuff? What?

You are now just equating labs and science with things you don't like

>What a fucking backwards way to look at things

It's not backwards at all. Kraft Food Lab makes shit food. Kraft Food Lab does not make good food. Hence, quality food does not come out of a laboratory.
> Both good and bad food
> can come out of a laboratory
>can
That's what I said. Can. Does it? No. What's your point? You want to repeat the fact that, in some alternative universe, good food *could* come out of a lab even though it *does not* in this one? You want to buy out Kraft and direct all their food scientists to replicate Jasper Hill Winnemere on an industrial scale? By all means, I would applaud anyone who would do that.

But nobody will. Cry more.

I have never once claimed all cheese from Wisconsin is good, or being made in Wisconsin makes a cheese good. I only stated than the majority of America's good cheese is made in the midwest (primarily Wisconsin of course, but not only there)

You are mixing up cause and effect, and this error has clearly messed with your ability to evaluate cheese quality. Do not judge a cheese based on where it is made, judge a place by whether they make good cheese, you have the whole thing backwards

how so? What about being made in England makes it better than the top tier cheddar coming out of Wisconsin and Vermont?

>I only stated than the majority of America's good cheese is made in the midwest (primarily Wisconsin of course, but not only there)
But that's not correct, and the only basis for this belief is that you were told it was so by the Wisconsin International Cheese Organization of International Wisconsin. It has no basis in reality.

>You are mixing up cause and effect
How so? I'd love it if Wisconsin made great cheese. But it doesn't. It's the go-to state for institutional-grade shredder bags. And, for commodity-grade cheese, they are king. But for good cheese? Keep dreaming. I literally do mean that, please keep dreaming, perhaps some day if Wisconsin works hard they might shed their reputation. But that's decades off.

>It's not backwards at all. Kraft Food Lab makes shit food. Kraft Food Lab does not make good food. Hence, quality food does not come out of a laboratory.
ok, but thats just because Kraft makes cheap shit, it has nothing to do with laboratories or science voodoo you seem concerned with. Plus this has nothing to even do with Wisconsin cheese, Kraft is more of a coastie thing, Wisconsin eats Sargento as their cheap tier cheese, which while mediocre is actual cheese at least.

Also, you are still ignoring how agriculture as a whole is a laboratory, and always has been

>But that's not correct, and the only basis for this belief is that you were told it was so by the Wisconsin International Cheese Organization of International Wisconsin. It has no basis in reality.
Where the fuck do you think the good cheese is made in America if not the midwest? There are a few good guys in upstate New York and Vermont, and pretty much none anywhere else, the vast majority is based in Wisconsin because thats where the industry has traditionally been based leading to top tier dairy education programs which has lead to more people who know what they are doing and choose to make top tier cheese. There is just more of it there, most people in other regions don't fucking attempt to open a creamery, its just not a thing in most of America

What voodoo are you referring to?

>agriculture as a whole is a laboratory

You could call almost any industry a "laboratory" if you use a loose enough definition of laboratory. The automotive industry for instance. So if I decide to fly instead of driving, by your logic it means I hate science. This kind of bizarro logic gives science a bad name and you should stop that.

>What about being made in England makes it better than the top tier cheddar coming out of Wisconsin and Vermont?

Vermont does make some cheddar that is on par with England, unfortunately we're talking about Wisconsin right now, which does not.