What did you guys think of it?

What did you guys think of it?

One of the most reread-friendly books i think and we have so much secondary literature on it so really you could spend your whole life just with the bible

It's the 100% divine literal word of G-d. The only book you ever need.

God-tier tbs

Kek

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on the sequel?

Go consult the other active thread, dumbass.

I had a godly time reading it, especially the earlier parts! Oh that was divine comedy. Come to think of it, It has an unearthly amount of follow up literature that gives it an angelic potential for rereading.
>Kill me please

it's takes a goddamn long time to read this ass kicker son of a bitch yarn of a honky tonk looking mother fucker, it's taken me 2.5 months to read 500 pgs

It is impossible to argue against the Bible being the greatest work of fiction ever created. Unless, of course, you believe it to be non-fiction.

There's an entire board dedicated to discussion of Christianity

Are you referring to the quran or the book of mormon?

The Bible is literature. Fuck off mongo.

Book of mormon is fan-fiction.

Quran rips validity like follicles off your head.

one of the better works of fiction

The fact that people take it seriously throws me off, but it's cool in a mythological sense.

I dunno, I read it and upon finishing Paul's letters, actually felt like I understood why people believe it.

this. theres some good mythological fiction in it. but thats all it should be seen as.
>the early books were literally stories prehistorical idiots told their idiot crowds to get them to stop killing and raping each other for a day.
>people still believe in it and take it as literal fact

Damn, I've been on /mu/ too much lately. First three words had me expecting a Scaruffipost.

A gateway drug to Atheism.

I really like it - a good understanding of the bible helps A LOT with developing a good understanding of western culture.

Also, I think the presence of the NT makes Christianity infinitely superior to Islam. The message is a lot more progressive. And, desu, I'm not convinced that our modern 'everyone matters no matter what hur dur muh rights' attitude doesn't originate in the NT.

The fact that so many books still name Catholicism as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" religion ever only tells you how far religion still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Religious commentators are still blinded by commercial success. Catholicism converted more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore it must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Religious scholars are often totally ignorant of the religions of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Catholics did anything worthy of being saved.

For one so concerned with history you'd think that the 2000 year history of the church would be enough for you.

And jazz? Really? It's like the armpit of classical music.

fuck off Constantine

notsureifserious.jpg

Pleb tier. Bad derivative of the pagan sources it's based on. Both Moses and Jesus are bad examples of the hero archetype. One is a genocidal maniac with zero mercy, the other is a suicidal hippy with way too much mercy

luther pls

Badly edited, poor continuity and internal consistency. Authors seem to change between books. Plot is cliched and thin, with virtually no character development save for Judas Iscariot. The main characters of Jesus and Moses are entirely one dimensional messianic figures. The novel opens with Adam and Eve, and then ignores them for the next thousand pages or so. The built-in bookmark was a nice touch, but a little pretentious.

Oddly, it wasn't shelved with the other fiction books.

Saved my life

i've only read genesis, now gonna read psalms and jump to NT
I just want to read the core of christianity because it is pre requisit for my later literature, i will probably go back to OT later and read it a bit everyday

r8

Jesus did exist as a person tho

6.7/10
Best new book