Due to personal circumstances I will have to survive on between £3 and £5 for food per week for at least a few months...

Due to personal circumstances I will have to survive on between £3 and £5 for food per week for at least a few months. How can I do this? And also how can I successfully scavenge for food without breaking any laws (UK here)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YuVvWRc6IkM
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-scottish-porridge-oats-15kg
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-long-grain-rice--basics-1kg
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-milk-chocolate--basics-100g
groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-class-a-10-large-fresh-eggs/p/55841.
rhsplants.co.uk/plants/_/potato-king-edward/classid.2000002441/
groceries.asda.com/product/sausages/asda-smartprice-20-sausages/910000914623
tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=258290127&sc_cmp=ppc-_-sh-_-msh-_-bg-_-px_|_shopping_gsc_|_all_products-_-&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxDzeEP2oJ3iH1_a9MasYheomSF9hwN_g0dp4pi_jjuQaAka38P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds75p
news.co-operativefood.co.uk/latest-news/great-bread-just-75p-a-loaf.html
tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255094898&sc_cmp=ppc-_-sh-_-msh-_-bg-_-px_|_shopping_gsc_|_all_products-_-&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxPMOz7jZG0Vj3ZWxWoNs_3AiVXswp47h7NftBBU8EroaAkCf8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Suck dick for money and easy protein.

Use Swagbucks. Run the app daily, should be able to make around a dollar a day no problem. An extra 30 bucks (convert that into bong dollars) is enough to get you a lot of things that will go a long way (rice, beans)

get a job

Just go to a food bank or something

Thats a really tiny amount man, best thing I could say is look round local shops like indian or chinese owned little markets and bulk up on things like rice noodles, eggs etc. You should be able to do that for a few quid, could also try potatoes and cheap tinned food. Maybe even try growing some of your own stuff if you've got space.

youtu.be/YuVvWRc6IkM

potatoes, rice, cooked carrot, pasta only with garlic/tomato sauce/anything simple..

I would just take £10 and buy all these things (would try to find a discount, visit more shops just to get the cheapest price on everything)... then survive for 2 weeks.. gl

Pork, rice and cabbage

>on between £3 and £5 for food per week

Do not try and live week to week but plan for the month with the 15£ (assuming the minimum) you have.

£15 can get you for the month:

-3kg oats for £3
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-scottish-porridge-oats-15kg

-5kg of rice for £3.60
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-long-grain-rice--basics-1kg

£6.60 for morning meal of 100g oats a day and a good size portion of rice twice a day easily gets you through the month. It'll be very bland but it's doable. Use water to make up the oats and for cooking the rice.

Don't bother with buying any drinks - just use tap water.

With the remaining £9.40:

-8* tins of sardines for £3.60

2 tins a week. Eat one tin with one of your rice meals. This ensures protein and essential good-for-you fish oils in your diet.

To prevent scurvy you'll need some Vit C. I'd recommend getting some tablets - about a £1 or so and each pack/container can last a month.

So you don't get too down about sweet things get some cheap chocolate

-2* bars for £1
sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-milk-chocolate--basics-100g

With the last £3-4 buy some eggs. You can get 20 for £1.60
groceries.iceland.co.uk/iceland-class-a-10-large-fresh-eggs/p/55841.

This should cover you well enough. Avoid strenuous exercise to limit energy consumption (which would make you more hungry).

If can find some deals all the better - do what you can to stretch your budget.

Good luck.

This is such a good post I wish I could give you a hand job

Ask for help?

Go shopping around 7PM. All the stuff in the fridges like sandwiches and pastas are reduced to like 50-70p as are the freshly made stuff in the bakery section.

>no beans
>no produce
>no potatoes

>Potatoes

Ireland pls leave

Pretty good advice ,eating oats with water takes some willpower though

Please explain circumstances and why you can't find additional money for months

I'm so glad I'm not poor. Living like that sounds fucking brutal.

How about going to church ?
Maybe they give some food !

potatoes are god tier poor people food

>So you don't get too down about sweet things get some cheap chocolate

asda smartprice isn't too bad and it's cheaper than sainsburys, if thats not ya thing then they also do a fuckload of toffee things for 20p(ish) in a big plastic bag.

good luck user

Not op but have been in a situation where i was paid brit minimum wage but paid every four weeks, not monthly. This 13 paydays a year. Unfortunately my local council and landlord wanted 12 payments a year.

Although people always say "ooh you get a month of not having to pay rent" sadly you have to manage 12 months with rent and council tax taking the lions share. Which left a few quid a week for electric and food.

Poorest I have ever been and unsurprisingly I ended up getting evicted after getting caught with no TV license and fined. The judge actually dropped the case under grounds of extreme hardship in the end.

I crapped at work for nearly a year because it saved on bog roll and lived a diet of rice with salt for months. My parents lived too far to visit for free food and between working and ignorance I never became aware of food banks, although even now there are none local to me.

Wish I had seen this post then!

Another thing I learned the hard way.

Stay away from Poundland type shops, they're usually a false economy!

Why?

Do bongs not have 12 cent ramen?

a-are you a cute girl?

I'm with this user. I would rather go to a food bank and take a small hit to my pride than go hungry.

This. Get what you need for the week. Donate the money you do have to the food bank to help offset their expenses. When you do have some extra money, buy a few extra items and donate them to the food bank so they can help others.

>bulk rice and pasta
>bread
>cheap instant coffee (to suppress appetite)

You'll be fine... I've been there. I'd spend about 6 quid each monday on food and make it last. A slice of bread or two each morning. Rice or pasta for dinner... Maybe another slice of bread or half a bowl of more pasta before bed. Coffee with every meal.

Drinking lots of water will fill you up.

Don't worry. It will be worth it to get through to better times... don't overspend and let debt build up just because you're hungry.

Most items have very short shelf lives. Also, many things that cost a quid there cost 79p or less in a supermarket. Multipacks have less units too e.g walkers crisps as a 5 pack, not the normal 6.

Obviously not all items work out more expensive, but they make a ton of profit, so plenty are.

If you go to Sainsburys before they close you can get bread for like 20p a loaf.

Another thing to add is that most household cleaning supplies e.g. bleach, washing up cloths, bin bags etc can be had cheaper at supermarkets like Sainsbury's over £land, 99p stores and so on. Just go for the no-frills store brand.

Matched betting works.

Not that user but pls
Cute girls don't need to offer handjobs on Veeky Forums
It's clearly a cute boy who doesn't know how to find other cute boys in real life

>evicted after getting caught with no TV license and fined

Jesus christ

>I ended up getting evicted after getting caught with no TV license and fined.

How on earth did you manage that?

They have no legal powers to enter your property and do a search if you do not let them in. Tell them to fuck off at the door and throw all the letters away. They can't do anything. All they do is send increasingly threatening letters.

I can understand your pain. This is why social welfare is just a meme for limp wristed middle class nu males to feel good while simultaneously crushing those who wish to elevate themsleves. I have the misfortune of being born in a council house which takes extortionate fees per week for the dog box that it is (more extortionate than a private landlord would). The combined rent for my family comes to over €800 a week, whereas a comparable house would normally only cost about 550. I pay about 40% of my meager earnings at the moment to tax. On top of that, none of my previous 4 years worth of social insurance that I built up while working 40 hour weeks are allowed to be claimed back because I was in full time education at the time. Fuck all these faggots who insist we need mo money fo dem programs.

They do if they finally get a bench warrant and bring the poleizi

Beans and rice, that's it.

How can you pay rent/mortgage/property taxes, or are you homeless?

You can survive on powdered milk and soy protein powder. Forget about solid foods, that's too expensive for you.

>tv license

shoot yourself in the head honestly

Jaysis, this is why i hate statists

What hapened

Fantastic bait

Longer term perhaps look into asking your council for an allotment and growing something

rhsplants.co.uk/plants/_/potato-king-edward/classid.2000002441/

shorter term religious groups and local charities often help out, so do Food banks.

On a serious note. This shit £1 for 20 (shitty) sausages
groceries.asda.com/product/sausages/asda-smartprice-20-sausages/910000914623

24p for baked beans (get 4 for £1)

tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=258290127&sc_cmp=ppc-_-sh-_-msh-_-bg-_-px_|_shopping_gsc_|_all_products-_-&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxDzeEP2oJ3iH1_a9MasYheomSF9hwN_g0dp4pi_jjuQaAka38P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds75p for a loaf of bread from the co-op
news.co-operativefood.co.uk/latest-news/great-bread-just-75p-a-loaf.html

£1 for 1 kg of potatoes
tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255094898&sc_cmp=ppc-_-sh-_-msh-_-bg-_-px_|_shopping_gsc_|_all_products-_-&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxPMOz7jZG0Vj3ZWxWoNs_3AiVXswp47h7NftBBU8EroaAkCf8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

So you can get 40 sausages, 2 kg of potatoes and 4 tins of beans

Would be ok if you could afford butter or cheese, but you are poor at the moment.

This. Just get a job, they're everywhere if you're not a lazy shit.

Groceries throw out a mind-blowing amount of food intact, packaged, and totally edible.

Check out their dumpsters.

what in the fuck is a tv license

b...but 2 for £1 Domestos smells nicer than Tesco value bleach

In England before you even think about getting cable or satelite you have to pay for a TV licence on the off chance that you want to watch the shite on BBC. It's as bullshit as it sounds. Coincidentally as I type this I checked what is on BBC 1. It's a program called rip off Britain. I onced tried to buy a TV in Argos but they wouldn't sell it to me without proof of a TV licence

>go to a local food bank
There are food banks that would more than likely be willing to give you canned goods if you explain your situation. I know there are churches and other religious organizations that can help you out. Worst case you pretend to the a member of their faith.

in england you can only watch telly if you have a tv license. you have to apply for the license and they make you take a test. if you pass you can get a license but its quite expensive. i flunked my test twice so now i have to wait for a year before i can apply again.

Given all the other visual media options these days, it's hard to believe people would still be watching much tv in England. Even here in the states, most people I know don't have cable or satellite anymore, not because we can't afford it, but because it wouldn't ever be used.

Oh so you pay for a license and that makes it so there are no commercials or advertisements on tv? Kinda struggling to understand why if you pay a cable/internet provider for service you also have to pay for some kind of license also?

>you also have to pay for some kind of license also?

Protip: Laws often times don't make any practical sense whatsoever.

>Given all the other visual media options these days, it's hard to believe people would still be watching much tv in England.

They even amended the (BBC) TV license system to cover the BBC iplayer catch-up services too. They would set it at one license per person in the household if they could.

>starving in a first world country

>Oh so you pay for a license and that makes it so there are no commercials or advertisements on tv?
Haha. No

This. But dont donate shit or ever pay them back. Think of if like taking bananas off a monkeys plate. Or taking goat jizz off of a kebabs plate

it is time for indian cuisine

Is that the cuisine, or the aftermath?

both

Lots of pasta/spaghetti, rice, maybe one chicken breasts box per week (one ~0.5kg box should be enough for two-three days) so you won't die out of lack in shit pasta don't contain. Basic spices, tomato paste and garlic for poor man's spaghetti sauce.

It's really hard topic since you need to eat like this for months and not lack any important vitamin or whatever. When i was in college, i was spending around 5-8 british money units per week for food, but i don't live in England so i don't know how pricey basic food is in your country.