I'm thinking of a new concept for a fried chicken restaurant

I'm thinking of a new concept for a fried chicken restaurant.

>fast casual format
>country atmosphere to keep the whites in/jigs out but nonetheless hip and modern
>$10+ average cost of meal
>very simple menu consisting of only fried chicken as entrees and a few select sides (mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, coleslaw)
>focus on quality and simplicity of ingredients
>location: urban TN

Here is the differentiator: GIANT, delicious, biscuit with every meal. Like 4x the size of KFC biscuits.

Please r8 business viability.

Other urls found in this thread:

catering.tkrg.com/menu/addendum-catering
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds oddly familiar.

There is a huge void in the market for upscale fried chicken.

>country atmosphere to keep whites in/jigs out

have u even been to cracker barrel? they love that shit
checked

I live in downtown Nashville,TN.....This basically sounds like you want to do a standard chicken joint but is decorated nice and more expensive to keep non whites out (which im totally cool with)....and serve big biscuits.....anything else to differentiate it?

Maybe like Butchertown Hall but for fried chicken?

It sounds like nothing special. 10 Dollars is pretty cheap.

I went to a place like that in SF. Everything was 20+ and it was all white people and Asian people. I've never been so upset that someone fucked up collared greens so hard.

Ehh, maybe in Tennessee. Artisanal fried chicken joints are the new cancer here in arrogant coastie elitist territory. The Koreans started it but now the white people are jacking each other off about it. I swear to god half these places are going to be bankrupt by this time next year.

Elimination of jigs is your biggest challenge.
Give me a jig-free experience and I will eat there regardless of mediocre food.
Your challenge is steep.

Well it's good if well-mannered middle class blacks come but the presence of the ghetto crowd accustomed to Church's Chicken scares away people with money.

Post pic of big biscuit

>well-mannered middle class blacks

>well-mannered middle class blacks

So we just making shit up today I see?

>jigs out
>only fried chicken

choose 1 and only 1

You see, that's why you know that if you want upscale fried chicken to be successful you have to do what you can to keep blacks out.

So chicken express?

sounds like Cracker Barrel

Thought OP posted this pic

Fuck off nigger I hate the overpriced meme fried chicken bullshit.

It doesn't matter how big the biscuit is that shit should be 8.99 MAX. There was this shitty place a block from where I work that tried to charger prices like that, hell they charged 11 bucks for a goddamn chicken strip meal and they closed down in less than a year because of it and I'm glad.

Overpriced fried chicken in the South has no point when you can just walk into Publix and get an 8 piece for 7.99

kek

If you're going to do this, you'd better make sure your sides are high quality. Add fried okra and/or collard greens to the list and I'm in.

Name it Kentucky Fried Chicken.

>$10+ average cost of meal

90% of your market just went to Popeye's

dang, nice
look up lolo's chicken and waffles. very similar except it's 100% black as fuck. they have a drank menu.

i actually went to a place like this yesterday before I started drinking. It was pretty much exactly what you described, but no biscuit.

9/10 would clog arteries again

What kind of biscuit?
I vote for bourbon or custard cream

So you'd be Five Guys to McDonald's, except whatever you're calling it to KFC? That's cool and all, but fried chicken is nig food, burgers are universal.

You're just gonna get trashy white people with money

Cracker Barrel is a sit-down joint that serves mediocre food to old people.

What OP is aiming for is Chipotle except fried chicken instead of burritos

>not Being a michelin starred chef
>not making a take out chicken shack
>able to charge 50 bucks for a bucket of friend chicken
>able to charge 18 bucks for 5 cornbread muffins

catering.tkrg.com/menu/addendum-catering