Jesus christ what a way to finish. this is some powerful shit. glad I saved it for last. it's art really dead?

jesus christ what a way to finish. this is some powerful shit. glad I saved it for last. it's art really dead?

fuck. *is

got me curious now

>it's art really dead?
kek. this is something a faggot like Gaddis would say. What a fucking whiny dweeb. Grown up Holden.

art transformed itself into a different form due to overabundance of everything now. there is no immersion anymore. this isn't necessarily bad news.

that's me asking not necessarily gaddis. like when was the last time you heard about a famous painter lmao.

maybe it is, maybe not.

don't forget that the narrator (Gaddis self-insert) says that he doesn't even believe what he's saying right at the end

yeah I know. he's some old dying man. but my God what a great last book. this half year reading all his work was neat. I wish he had more books.

>like when was the last time you heard about a famous painter lmao.
Is this a serious question? It's difficult to tell when you're just being stupid.

I'd say keith Harring was the last great painter

Last GREAT painter was Warhol. If you disagree you don't know shit about art.

is it alright if this be my 1st gaddis book?

Warhol was better than keith but they were both great. but seriously who comes after them? I can't even think of any.

>If you disagree you don't know shit about art.

your logic is liberal-nu-male-beta-cuck-tier

I'd save it for last my man. it's like a sweet finishing move in mortal combat. it can only come at the end. all that shit before it leads up to this point. but go ahead do what ever you want. I'd say wait.

Well, Freud. And only 'last' as in latest. Don't be such a whiny cunt. Fucking Hockney is still alive too.
God you're a silly human being.

lol OK Mr smart man

It's not logic, my dear, it's my fucking cum on your fucking face.

lmao BTFO

>Freud
>Hockney

Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahaha

hahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahaha

lol OK Mr everything is ded xd

Are you kidding? What about Anselm Kiefer, Sigmar Polke, Martin Kippenberger?

lol you got me :(

Cool mate.
I like Vasily Shulzhenko a lot too.

who? what about that guy that paints the olives or paints with his dick.

Those guys contributed nothing new.

>who?
You talk like you know art, but don't know who Kiefer is?

You don't know shit about peinture, pal. You watch with your eyes.

I just know a few things. that's who gaddis is talking about in the book. the general public. america.

ok.

Only real art these days is shit that happens online.

They all used various materials and processes that have never been used before in art, Polke used uranium rays ffs. They certainly have contributed to art, whether it is of value or not is up to you though.

Did you fucking googled that shit up just now? kek. Materials and processes don't matter, ideas do.

This is where you'll have to elaborate.

>Did you fucking googled that shit up just now?
No, I've studied contemporary art and why would that change anything? If only ideas matter then Joseph Beuys is a greater artist than Caravaggio.

I think you're talking to the same guy who said Warhol was the greatest artist of all time. Should give you some indication of his grasp on things.

There is an artist who's way fucking greater than Caravaggio purely thanks to his ideas and it's not Joseph Beuys.

No one said that you chimpanzee. Warhol is the last truly intelligent painter.

Odd tone for someone with that opinion.

You fucking bore me.

Same.

I excite you. You're curious about my opinions. You can't take your eyes off my crotch.

Anything can be art.

This post is now art.

NO you fucking idiot.

Eh, you're operating from an untenable position. It's hard to believe you're position is one of good faith. You're defending an artist whose 'ideas' could have and should have been confined to a single exhibition.

What post are you referring to, homeboy?

Whatever stunted idiot thinks Warhol is the last "truly intelligent" painter.

You don't even have the slightest clue what I mean by that. You probably think I meant he was good at maths or something LOL