Why do black people not write as many good books?

Or even as many books in general?

Is it because they have lower iqs?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

nces.ed.gov/pubs2014/2014015_2.pdf
www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

years of systematic racism mean we been discourage from writing so many books as the white man ya feel me

ain't no one readin books anyways when we got twitter senpai

Read a history book, /pol/

You don't belong here

There's systematic racism causing the entire continent of Africa not to write books? What about Jews? They had a genocide and slavery and even though they are a small % of world population they write many books in a vast amount of different fields.

What a convincing argument

Thanks for correcting the record

Black people don't exist because race isn't real.

thats why there is an equal representation of all different skin colors in the nba right?

This is not the board for correcting/explaining skewed rightwing graphs, this is a board for books.

>All the white people vanish

I asked a question about books dummy

>skewed graphs

Is pic related skewed too

Fiction is not a substantial part of African culture. When you're in a culture full of music, poetry, dance, and nonfiction, writing fiction is somewhat of a nonentity until someone of that culture not only jumps the proverbial rails, but upon discovering fiction finds it to be a worthwhile pursuit upstream from their own cultural arts.

honestly man, you'd be much happier on reddit. Nothing wrong with it. Just don't come back

It's true that blacks have lower IQs along with Hispanics than whites and East Asians have a higher IQ than whites.

Not my fault everybody started framing this in a political way instead of approaching my question

i think that the ideas/experiences of slavery/jim crow/after effects have kind of hung over the black community super hard, so even the good black writing is basically color(lol) fiction. Like...black americans don't just write about whatever, its like if you're a black author 90% of the writing you do is going to be like deep south shit centered on all the stuff i mentioned before. as a black person, i get tired of reading that stuff, but its what every celebrated black author does. and for whatever reason (poor, sucky schools, gangs/crime, prison, not caring about getting better) i feel like most blacks just aren't very interested in writing. Even though tons of blacks are interested in the arts/humanities its usually music or politics.

I think it's the bigotry of low expectations. The left doesn't expect blacks to be smart so they act like they are intelligent for simply talking about their experiences. Then any blacks who are actually smart (Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, Alan west, Larry elder, etc.) get called uncle toms

There are many historically discriminated against peoples who seem to do perfectly well. Jews were being killed in the millions and still managed to be more successful than the average German.

perhaps. to be honest i went to private school and my parents are from the Carribean, so i don't really 100% 'get' the stereotypical african american experience.

that's a false equivalence.
Blacks started in America as a slave race and remained slaves for over 200 years. Abolition of segregation was recent enough that my grandfather was alive and he still is, as MLK would be if he were not shot and killed.

Jews in Europe were in an unrecognizably different situation and were assisted by multiple countries in WWII whereas abolition of American slaves was isolated in a civil war

I don't think there is one. They are all individuals. A lot of them grow up without fathers so thats generally the same. Either way I'm just trying to point out liberals hypocrisy to them. They will say there is no such thing as race then point out "white privilege" or the "black experience " (inb4 strawman it happened in this thread.). Stay based Caribbean user I hope your parents love you and you stay smart

T. White man who's dad abandoned him

You know there are more blacks then American blacks right?

You know Jews were slaves for hundreds of years right?

see

lol Jews were not only systematically oppressed for far longer than blacks, there are literally people alive right now who were sent to German concentration camps. The comparison isn't apt, you're right. Jews have a better justification for underperformance than blacks do.

>and were assisted by multiple countries in WWII

Jews did better prior, during, and after WWII.

literally thousands of years ago

>implying white culture isn't full of music, poetry and dance also

Yet we still write books and made science

Huh makes you think

literally murdered by the millions during my dad's lifetime

Jews also have the single longest running literary history of any culture

it's not a comparison of who endured more, but how that hardship affects the culture. WWII lasted less than a decade and the Jewish culture was already established, of course they could come out swinging

Yes it is because one, it's just listing scores without any defining metric to tell how they arrived at those scores or where they're pulling the data from. Is it one white guy versus one black guy? Is this out of the entire population that took the test or one subset?

Two the chart is probably fake or doctored for two reasons. One, the fairly obvious typo in one of the rows. Two, in like 2005 the SAT score maximum changed from 1600 to 2400 because of the added essay section and though a quick Google search tells me they may have switched it back in 2014/2015 it would have still been in effect in at least 2010, but there is no mention of that.

t. A mulatto man who got 1235 on his SATs back in 2005.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BUTTERSHIT KILL YOURSELF ALREADY
FUCK YOU REEEEEEEEEEEE

It's not about literature. It's about their overperformance in everything from chess to physics. The notion that Jews today do well because their ancestors were literate is absurd. How does the fact that my people read a thousand years ago inform my literary ability today?

>WWII lasted less than a decade
It's cute that you think that Jewish oppression is relegated to rise of Nazism.

>black scare
Yes I agree that you are scared of black people

I understand not bringing it up in the real world, but why would an anonymous poster on Veeky Forums ignore the obvious biological component to intelligence? I have some distant black ancestry and even I'm willing to face reality.

Why don't you look at the source

It's all scores from the nation

>one mulatto person did good on the sats ergo all black people are as smart as white people

I know individuals can outperform the mean average of their race mulatto bro

I've lived in 97% black neighborhoods for years and walked everywhere comfortably being involved in the community

Sorry I also look med at research and statistics

Anyone can paste a source onto a picture. Give us a proper link. I'm Googling right now for one myself.

Though I will say that the data I'm finding so far does support the graph. I'm not saying it's wrong, necessarily, but a graph means little without explaining and sourcing the data behind it.

I'm also still not seeing an explanation for the disparity in maximum test scores either.

nces.ed.gov/pubs2014/2014015_2.pdf

One can find the actual data this table was pulled from here. Apparently whoever made the original image did forget to factor in the writing portion of the test.

Oh and yea, my revealing my identity is to point out that low intellect is not based entirely in biological terms. I would also point out that SAT test scores are hardly an accurate measure of IQ and more a measure of academic performance

Because niggers are genetically better at other things, like basketball and football.

But really we can't attribute blacks having lower test scores and IQs on "systemic racism". They're legitimetely less intelligent, on the whole. It has to do with genetics. And there's no reason that a black with 300 lower SAT score than a white should be valued more highly because of his race.

It's nature and nurture
I know
Just using bantz to amplify my argument
I respect your intelligence user

>it's another shitposting vs muh feels thread

maybe genetic factors and systemic factors can exist at the same time you nerds ever think of that huh

www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

true.

tanks mon, sorry about your dumb dad.

Ding ding ding

Haha this guy gets it

systemic factors like your mom doing crack and your dad not paying child support or what? actually its prolly just white peoples fault

>implying Africa doesn't have a rich oral tradition
fucking racist shitlord

click-click-clakc-clack-clickity-clack

translation: (ayo bwana i fucked yo bitch u white racis mufucka ayo now where dat blow)

What did you score on your IQ test?

Jews didn't have citizenship until the 19th century. Earliest was 1791 in France, latest was 1923 in Romania. Before that they were subject to Jim Crow style discrimination in Europe. Pogroms and razzias were common. The idea of an independent Jewish country in Palestine was formulated in the late 19th century, after a particularly vicious wave of pogroms in Eastern Europe. Even in a nice modern country like France there was a push to do away with Jewish people after the Dreyfuss affair, when a Jewish army captain was falsely convicted of treason and cashiered.

>were assisted by multiple countries in WWII

Huh? The war wasn't fought to save Jewish people. The full extent of the holocaust wasn't discovered until after the war, and nobody really cared when the truth came out. The fate of the Resistance and the political prisoners really stirred people's outrage and horror, not so much the Jews. It wasn't until the 1960s when caring about the holocaust became fashionable.

Would be interested to see avg scores at 1% 50% and 85% of income.