QTDDTOT

Is there a novel (or rather a travel book) that only specifically goes through the scenery the main character sees throughout a journey (a book that's only about looking through a passenger seat window)?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangacity.co/
filmfra.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=bVRlfZ1bV5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the stranger

it's all just one big scenery maaaan

Please help me find a site I can download all of the work of a painter at once. I've checked all the normal places and slsk and they are often there but also often missing.

Not the entire novel, but much of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is dedicated to descriptions of scenery and the thoughts of the titular character as he travels.

lost in the funhouse maybe? but it also has a lot of other meta stuff on top of the descriptions

How do I into philosophy? My ignorance of it feels overwhelming, where do I start
>inb4 The Greeks

Unless... is that where I'm supposed to start?

Is there such a thing as good sports fiction?

Natuurdagboek by Nescio, not sure if there is a translation though

assess your own philosophical knowledge - I'm biased but yes the Greeks are a good place to start given that they form a big chunk of the bedrock of later philosophy... however the style can often be a barrier/stumbling block

i'd say get some introductory books to philosophy as a whole, stuff that introduces ages/epochs/vocabulary or perhaps gives you a timeline overview?

best advice i can give you i guess is approach it in a manageable fashion - the greeks alone can take months/years to consume entirely, gather secondary knowledge/approaches etc

there's a really good YT channel i cant recommend highly enough called Thunk that introduces philosophy/psychology/all sorts of conceptual areas in an approachable fashion, but it's not facile or derivative

second post also

i'd dispute that the is a place where you're "supposed" to start - more important than this perhaps is recognising that you want to start and get involved and also that you're widely 'ignorant' of much of it.

i'd say the easiest approach would be to start getting into some philosophical authors/aspects that appeal to you in some way, be it for their attitude or the subject matter theyre discussing?

if you do that, then perhaps look at who influenced them, who theyre responding to and the tradition from which they came and so forth you'll have a much better time of things and be more productive.

obvs just my 2 cents on the matter but it seems the most practical way of doing things.

also side note on teh greeks - big tomes and treatises etc are not in any way the only sources of greek philosophy. a great way to find a route into the greeks is the plays (old/new comedy and the tragedies) and also the epics like those of homer alongside the various histories, given all of these are naturally more vibrant/engaging than page after page of dense technical treatises can be!

sorry for the schizo/rambling approach, hope some of this helped and didnt come across as obvious/patronising at any point!

Basically Lovecraft tbqhwyf

Hey guys I'm not an avid reader and when I do have to read for whatever reason I've noticed that in the beginning my eyes jump around a lot and it's really uncomfortable. My understanding stinks and I want to just quit. After a while of reading my eyes begin to slow down and have more of a pace to them. I reach a sort of flow and it's a lot more comfortable and it's also easier to comprehend the content.

I'm curious if this is a popular enough phenomenon amongst actual avid readers. Enough so that there might be a term and perhaps a popular practice in order to reach the flow state I mentioned earlier a lot quicker.

Can anyone tell me what editions of The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentlemen are annotated? I'm in the UK and looking to buy a copy but the editions I've found either have reviews saying "no annotation/notes" or no mention of annotation at all.

The Sportswriter?

Muerte Subita

william beckford's travel writing
>more fiction and with plot
graham greene's travels with my aunt
bram stoker's dracula
any one who went on grand tour p much

What are the recommended/best translations of Kafka's novels The Trial and The Castle?

What's some other stuff I can read in French at my current skill level? For reference I can read the Le Petit Nicolas series rather comfortably with kindle look up for specific words or irregular conjugations, but L'Étranger is really damn slow and I have to look up too much for it to feel worthwhile without some more hard studying and vocab first.

anybody do extension 2 english here? HSC boyz

dapairatbei

Why write? No one reads.

dude, you can't control your eyes? Ask your GP

I am in the same boat as you. What are you using to learn the language. Books, films, etc. I need to gauge your level, but I haven't read le petit nicolas and will not read that book because its boring for me.

Here is my approach. I used MT for learning the foundation. Then I used mangacity.co/ for vocabulary and listening comprehension. Currently I am studying grammar and reading Compte Monte Cristo ex dee. When I started I had 50 unfamiliar words per page. Now I am at page 50 at have about 6-7 at most. I think you should continue with L'etranger, because it will get easier pretty soon.

Also filmfra.com/ french movies with french subtitles are the best way to learn vocab.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVRlfZ1bV5Q