So what exactly is wrong the the 40 year old melting goblin face man's video reviews...

so what exactly is wrong the the 40 year old melting goblin face man's video reviews? what does a good booktube review need to have? who is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRUZTXHUSBU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wrong with the

Go away whatever your name is.

>watching a book review
Shouldn't you read those things?

bro it's 2016 who the fuck reads

shhhh....piza is sleeping :-)

youtube.com/watch?v=rRUZTXHUSBU

>black and white
>no credentials
>pay me to read your book
>no guarantee of review
>pls translate my vid to french for free

sleep tight, pizza

I'm not even sure if it's correct to call his videos reviews. Some of it is just him talking about seemingly random stuff. Also, I can't fuckling believe he's only 26; that has to be some sort of lie or trick or whatever.

Like this one of his latest, where he talks about his trip to northern africa and that's basicly it. nothing much more there.

Possibly, most of his videos can be summarized as following:
- looking into camera being silent
- drinking something (mostly fuckin ice coffee)
- talking about what he's drinking
- looking some other place (maybe monitor where he has script, maybe on a blank wall)
- saying he has read great book
- showing book he has read (sometimes tossing it immediately on the bed behind him, sometimes skimming through the book with "i-have-no-idea-what's-this-about" look on his face)
- saying it's great book and everybody should read it
- telling some more or less irrelevant story related, in his view, to the atmosphere of the book (story of course involving his, his travels, his parents etc.)
- saying it's really really great book and that everybody should read it
- reading something out of the book
- finally saying it's really really really great book and that everybody should read it
- begging for money via his fuckin patreon

*(between each step you can deliberately put these: blank stare, being silent, drinking, more of a blank stare, saying something about gym, girlfriend, his dead father, 'alternative music', movies and so on)*

Looks like a pose to me, everything. I'm not even talking about his reading of Bataille (and since he's not able to tell anything relevant during his videos, I can't believe he understood anything by Bataille); And that time he 'reviewed' The Recognitions and one of the first few thing he said was "after finnishing the book I looked on the internet what was this about"

I tried his Bernhard review:
>it's for Pessoa fans
>deeply melancholic
>says he's into paino music (like you know that Saatieh)
>talks about stuff irrelevant to the book
fuck this, i'm not gonna watch it any longer *closing tab*

>Watched his 2666 review, ten minutes long and it consisted of him talking about how much he likes Bolaño and Bolaño's background for four minutes, a four minute synopsis of 2666 (in which he skips the The Part about Amalfitano), and two minutes of him recommending the book, during which he says that Bolaño is the perfect gateway to Latin American literature because he breaks all the rules of Latin American literature. At no point does he say anything the least bit insightful about the book, and this is something he claims to have read multiple times. (He was also talking about his short movie based upon some Bolaño' story.)

tl; dr -- "he's more interesting and handsome than me and I'm jealous"

didnt you post in a bookfood thread like this yesterday?

i think you even posed the same
I tried his Bernhard review:
>it's for Pessoa fans
>deeply melancholic
>says he's into paino music (like you know that Saatieh)
>talks about stuff irrelevant to the book
fuck this, i'm not gonna watch it any longer *closing tab*
story, an user even pointed out your *action*
is right, i pretty much agree with your points but get over it already

>give me money
>no guarantee review

AHAHHAA

spot on
he's a tool pretending to be cool, he only fools the fools

>handsome
>this guy
i laughed

>I tried his Bernhard review:
just saw this
>he didn't know who Glenn Gould was before reading this book
>says he likes schoenberg and satie

can you be more pleb than this? even worse, can you be more pseud than this? I don't think so

>not using catalog

How pleb is everyone?

w-what's wrong with satie..

what? nothing, I'm saying that he, a guy that say he likes piano music, doesn't know the most famous piano player of the last century. I doubt he listened to one complete work of schoenberg, saying he likes satie and schoenberg (instead of the more famous chopin, mozart, beethoven, etc) is just a defensive mechanism to cover his ignorance over the subject

also, in his PL review he basically says that Milton is to poetry what Beatles and Elvis are to rock music
a bonafied pleb

Sleep tight, Pizza

I was just writing response, but this user was faster.

Personally, I like Satie, even some Schoenberg, but I definitely wouldn't say that i'm heavy into piano music; heck, I know shit about it, just like of that music.

Satie is known by almost everybody (and I'm not saying that he's bad, no way). It would be like saying that you're heavy into grunge and then named only Nirvana, or that you're heavy into death metal and named only Cannibal Corpse. Total pleb level.

Man, it were only three or four post merged into one, as an answer OP has posted, if melting goblin face man's review are worth it.