Spice Making

Who here makes their own spices? I'm interested in starting with paprika and thought I'd start a general spice thread to pick up some tips.

What do you mean by making your own spices? Growing then dehydrating and grinding, or buying shit at the shop and mixing it up to make a spice blend?

Why the fuck would you do that? It's going to be way too expensive and inefficient, not to mention a waste of time.

Making paprika's probably not too bad, and the pic also includes rosemary, bay, garlic and nutmeg, all of which are reasonable to grow yourself, climate permitting. Peppercorns, could be grown yourself, but they'd be a pain in the arse to harvest, so you'd only be doing it because you enjoy keeping a garden, I guess.

I've actually autisted out and made my own spices....literally the only spice I've made at home that was any noticabley different from store bought and better was paprika....everything else came out exactly like store.....

Now spice mixes are of course, logical to make at home because of extreme customization.

I came up with a Garam Masala mix 2 days ago that is out of this world....

I wouldn't bother with making custom "blends" unless it's something I go to a lot, like curry. I only make Chinese once in a million years so crafting my own Chinese 5 Spice blend is a waste.

As for making your own dried herbs, I'm about to jump on the wagon. I have some parsley which I think is much better dried, but the plant is still small. I've also got:
>chives
>oregano
>thyme
Also have some pineapple sage I don't know what to do with.

No one cares faglord

Kill yourself faggot, he asked a question and I answered. Go along back to /r9k/ kiddo and bitch about how you are still a virgin

>herbs
>spices

Oh your words are so hurtful. Don't call me a virgin pleeease.

Tell us your "out of this world" garam masala mix. Go on. You won't cos it's shit and you're nothing.

kill yourself

>I came up with a Garam Masala mix 2 days ago that is out of this world....

do share

Why don't you lay off the bottle asshole and go to bed. No one gives a fuck about anything you say, you little bitch faggot.

end your life immediately

What is this, the ultimate faggot convention? Back to Redit with you, scram.

I browse redit 90% of the time and Veeky Forums 10% of the time....honestly, reddit is better and more mainstream....edgelord

What's your username bitch, or are you scared I'll down vote you and you'll lose some of your precious karma?

fuck you bitch, it's "spez"; what you gonna do now faggot?

Reddit's cooking boards have too many kenji/Alton dick riding autists but at least it doesn't have fucking Joey and jack posters

Well you got one thing right you're a spez that's for sure

Didn't somebody say Jack?

Wheres the garam masala mix fagboy? or were you just talking shit?

>Wheres the garam masala mix fagboy? or were you just talking shit?

Fuck you, yall were mean to me so you won't get the fucking privilege of the recipe.

Also, howd the fuck did you know it was me?

Because....you type...like this....

No one gives a shit about your "recipe", you never had one to begin with. Probably ate something your mommy bought you.

>your

learn to english you fucking idiot

user I honestly love garam masala, please share and ignore the haters.

All instances of its use were correct, user. Perhaps you should take your own advice?

ive got a boat load of dried cayenne and jalapeno i'll be using to make crushed pepper and chili powder. i think it's an excellent idea. and yes, i do believe you have to take joy in gardening or growing things also. if you do, two birds. right? go for it.

Recipe?

No, he's OBVIOUSLY correct.

Also, *you're own advice