Friendly Reminder

There are people who look at their Steam libraries with the same feeling of overwhelmed hopelessness that there will be content left unfinished. Some games are even too difficult for them, that they play other games in preparation for.

I'd say most of you guys are doing all right if that's your competition in life. Congratulations, You're all slightly above plebs. Even the sci-fi/fantasy faggots.

toasting in ebin bread

>man, i'm glad i finally finished that game, i'll be able to die happy knowing i finally finished it. i think i'll leave my entire ps3 collection to my son, i taught him well, he'll thank me some day for the pro gaming skills i bequeathed unto him.

>tfw you lived in the era that bedtime stories became bedtime videogames

>books? nah, those are boring, have you seen that new RPG? those story elements were great in the last three games!

>Look at those fools playing TV games
>When they could be reading Dan Brown or Lolita instead!

>looking at scribbles on a page
>not enjoying the epic world building hand crafted for the senses
>turning pages made of wood pulp
>not immersing yourself in virtual reality
why do you losers read again?

blessed imaginations don't need spoon-feeding

The graphics are better inside your skull

>being this desperate to justify reading boring ass Joyce and Palahniuk

wut? Can't tell if this is bait or you're genuinely just talking out of your ass-burger

>conversation is desperate
pot kettle
it's obviously a canned response no matter what was said

>backinmydaytrollingmeantsomething.fu

>bait
Can't conceive of someone thinking your precious lit is boring as fuck and is a dead horse that you all beat daily by listing the same 10 books over and over again and making memes about farts, while new and exciting creations are happening every day, with brilliant talent behind it that you turn your lame ass noses up to because "games are for degenerates and plebs" while you sit and bang your heads against boring ass shit and demean others for not banging their heads against it as well?

harder!

no no, i wouldn't want you to be unhappy thinking your superiority badge is worthless in the modern world, and all those pages that swept by were utterly pointless, and that you didn't even have fucking FUN when they did.

Seriously low quality bait. Have a (you) though, I hope it makes you a little happier.

>fun

yeah, it's bait. just fucking bait. fuck you, you loser. you don't even read, you sit on this board and wank off to the books you pretended to read when you were 15.

yeah, fun. pleasure. fucking enjoyment. you know, that shit that you haven't had in years being a pretentious loser who can't loosen the fuck up?

the last dying breaths of summer

how's that book coming, user?

You sound "fun."

Oh and you're a barrel of fucking laughs, you snide prick. My attributes are irrelevant to my message. You guys even shit on your own kind who enjoy reading books that are "too simple". No honor among you faggots posing every god damn day.

same as ur "vidya"

Thanks for not disagreeing.

i'm not pretending to write a videogame, faggot.
i'm not using my videogames to seem better than i am. I don't mention tales of phantasia in casual conversation to try to seem more intelligent. I don't sit and play a game I don't like because it'll give me "character" or make the losers on Veeky Forums respect my worldliness. It's a fucking joke. You have no idea how fucking similar some of the nitpicking you faggots do on this board is to the mindless drivel they talk about on /v/. At least the /v/fags have the luxury of actually having experienced first hand the content they talk about, whereas you faggots wiki for hours.

Did you really come here to sincerely insult people? It's a bit sad.

>i'm not using my videogames to seem better than i am.

Thanks for admitting you have a long ways to go. Godspeed.

Is this a joke?

Jokes are funny.

yeah, and when i come here to talk about books, all i get is "oh what a pleb", "what a fag", "those books are for fucking idiots", and mindless shitchat and memes that are utterly meaningless. yeah, i'm the asshole around here.
>look at me, i'm a smug faggot!
yeah, Veeky Forums is a fucking joke all right.

maybe you should read something more "advanced" than Eragon

I'm sorry, should we be discussing the latest entry in the Super Mario Bros. series?

grinding his gears now

Not him, but you're obviously a teenager trying to "get in" on the cool bait.

It's time to stop posting.

I unironically don't know what you mean by that

I mention Dumas and people shit all over me. Sorry I don't fucking read Pessoa and Bolano and fucking Joyce. I guess i'm just such a fucking simp i can't ever understand anything, and any conversation about such simpleton literature like the three musketeers or great expectations is just a fucking waste of time for all of you since you're all fucking god damn geniuses.

That's how I know you're a teenager. A low comprehension level combined with a blind attempt at humor it telling.

Well now you're talking some sense.

What's the matter? Are a fart-sniffer's ramblings really too complex for your feeble mind?

more please

besides, this is exactly what i'm talking about. you're shitting on people who enjoy books like Eragon, as if you're somehow fucking superior because you've surpassed such intolerably inferior works, you're fucking not. You couldn't even manage to WRITE Eragon, you faggot. you fucking worthless faggot. go finish that book you're pretending to write and see how worthless you really are.

OK so you're baiting for responses. I think I understand now.

Again, bringing down the curve of the anti-baiters.

more

>everything is good
>it's impossible to appreciate something you couldn't create

what causes this mindset? Do you have low self-esteem or something? It's bizarre to me that someone could go through so much effort to defend the inferior.

You must be new to the world.

you mad cuck?

No, I've fucking read Ulysses. I've read the Recognitions, I've read fucking Pynchon and all that boring shit. It doesn't make you superior reading any of that fucking junk. Most people on here only read that shit as a badge, and it's painfully fucking obvious when they mention it to beg for acceptance. What in the fuck is wrong with enjoying BOTH. or enjoying what some faggot professor would call trash? what's wrong with the old woman who reads victorian penny novels all day? Oh but they hasnt startd widda greiks, dey musb stooooopid. you're impenetrable faggot losers who fail to have any decent conversation without shitting on every attempt at a discussion about one's favorite authors. no, you'd rather list out your ideal books and bicker over which one is superior for 6 hours like you're fucking getting anywhere, which is amusingly similar to what /v/ does. bicker over their favorite games. you losers are so similar you don't even fucking realize it.

>memes

>saying you're the same as us

Thanks for trying to reach to our heights, but no.

anyway, this place isn't for readers, it's for posturing shitheads. sure, there are some good people here, but they should go find someplace that they're appreciated instead of feeding on this poisonous shithole.

well I've seen people do it on facebook, or in politics, but I assumed that was virtue-signalling, or trying to get elected.

What I don't understand is why someone would do it anonymously online. They have nothing to gain from it, so they HAVE to be totally sincere.

I think you've just got shit taste. It's nothing to be ashamed about, but you probably won't enjoy an elitist board like Veeky Forums if you're this insecure about your taste in literature.

Besides, how can you find Pynchon boring when every page has another goof or gag?

oh, i'm sorry, i'll let you get back to memeing about moby dick and white males.

control issues

There's a fantasy thread if you want to talk about Eragon. Plenty of people with shit taste post in it so I think you'll be fine there. Not even joking btw.

>shit taste
more fucking nonsense trying to hurt someone else for no better reason than posturing on an anonymous board.

good fucking job.

>understanding irrational behavior

We're animals, not computers, dear.

I'm not trying to hurt you, you coward.

You really must feel inferior.

That's why he's my favorite author

Right, but there's got to be some "irrational rationale" for this behavior.

It's just so foreign to me. I mean I eat Zaxby's occasionally, but I would never claim that it's not trash food. It's delicious, but it's trash.

>insulting another person's subjective opinion, while pretending that theirs is somehow superior, then calling me a coward on an anonymous board.

i don't feel inferior at all. i don't insult people who aren't constant shitheads. i've seen how you fuckers treat noobies to literature, shitting on them like they're fucking morons, leading them around in circles and demeaning them, i don't feel inferior, people who act like their opinions are better than others feel inferior.

>thought precedes behavior

You're clearly not an e/lit/ist.

epic meme.

>i'm equal to people who insult others

not conscious thoughts, but don't subconscious decisions have some reason behind them?

Some fruedian bullshit or something like that?

Fortunately for us, your head's been nothing but shit since you showed up in this thread.

>people who think they're better than everyone secretly think they're inferior
kek. You really don't understand Veeky Forums, do you?

>consciousness precedes the subconscious

more

I guess reason is the wrong word.

but there's some sort of function there, right?

Person does this BECAUSE this happened before?

I don't think user was implying that

That's a little too easy, user.

yeah, but so was your mom last night

when I totally banged her last night LMOA

oopsI accept your apology.

>memes

*LMAO

>He can't handle the bantz

thanka man.

my work here is done.

>queathing on your son

wot m9

I don't think a majority of the users of this website like themselves. They may have confidence in their intelligence though, I'll give you that.

The rationale is that "inferior" and "superior" are opinions.

If this isn't bait (which is extremely unlikely, but I'm bored), then you won't convince anyone acting this way. Be confident in your opinion, and realize when other people are going to stick to theirs. I agree with you, but I don't go around evangelizing the subjective nature of art, there's no point.

>he doesn't believe in objective superiority

get a load of this marxist trash