Ancient Egypt is more interesting than Ancient Greece. Why didn't they write any books

Ancient Egypt is more interesting than Ancient Greece. Why didn't they write any books

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papyrus_of_Ani
youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw
scientificamerican.com/article/error-found-in-study-of-first-ancient-african-genome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were African

kek. trips of truth

This. The blue aliums were racist and didn't make them write books b/c they wanted their children to look stupid.

They did. It's just really hard to translate into English. I don't think there's ever even been a translation of their most famous novel, Finnegans Wake.

How can they be more interesting if they didn't write books?

the lore and art they left is far more interesting than what the greeks left behind

The Greeks left a legacy of the mind

Would you find them as interesting if you knew what they meant?
>Maurice Give Tyrone 5 Cereal
>Shanice Tell Shawn No Even Though he Trample Crocodile this Morning
>fart jokes

That's only because of the mystery. If you only vaguely knew about Zeus and the Greek gods and they weren't so ubiquitous in literature you would probably think they were more interesting.

For the love of Horus you baboons

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papyrus_of_Ani

Did you know that once a year Pharaoh had to have a wank into the river Nile or else it's magical shit-growing powers would allegedly cease to function?

>Muh Dick

I wish I had continued pursuing my childhood interest in ancient civilisations. I remember being little, and claiming I was going to be an Egyptologist/Archaeologist. I wanted to travel to far off places and work on excavations. Now here I am, studying literature, with nothing else to do in sight.

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

>samefagging
This is just sad.

N SHIEETTT

egyptians werent even negroids, well maybe just their slaves

Nubians were though.

Benin and shit, too.

Great primer for those who actually care

egyptians werent nubians, theyve got pictures of themselves trading with nubians

I'm assuming you knew that tho

I did. My point that niggers really were kings, just not those kings.

Ancient Egyptians literally invented literature.
The fucking Library of Alexandria was in Egypt.
This board is embarrassing.

Hes talking about the 25th dynasty, when the Nubians conquered the Egyptians

>Ancient Egyptians literally invented literature

Is this bait?

>Ancient Egyptian literature was written in the Egyptian language from ancient Egypt's pharaonic period until the end of Roman domination. It represents the oldest corpus of Egyptian literature. Along with Sumerian literature, it is considered the world's earliest literature.[1]
Literally the first sentence on the wiki if anyone bothered to look it up.

Unless of course you know of an older civilization with literary culture

yeah, the pictures they drew on all the walls were just decoration

That's also a thing, but you may as well call the Egyptians white by that logic.

>Ancient Egypt is more interesting than Ancient Greece
They literally spent like 2000 years to do anything at all.

Writing and literature were invented in Mesapotamia.

Try this on for size OP

I would prefer not to take 5600 years of history and race mixing and call it black and white.

But the Ancient Egyptians were almost certainly not negroid as the Nubians

where the fuck do you Egypt is

Just to make it clear, do African-Americans really believe they are somehow related to Egyptians?

And I say that not to dismiss the accomplishments of Nubia and Kush, and the fabled kingdom of Punt which was almost certainly south of Somalia

South-West of Mesapotamia?

Absolutely, I have tons of black friends on facebook that post this garbage all the time. They cant understand that pre-Islamic Africa =/= black africans

Not Mesopotamia you dumb fuck.
Most don't. Some do. It's just the standard ethnic nationalist appropriation of historical figures.
This is pretty much the truth of it. It's only Egyptians because they're so famous; there's plenty of definitely-black kingdoms and empires, if you really give a damn about how power-hungry your ancestors were.

about as many as there are white people who try to claim Mediterranean connections. It's not common.
I've met (maybe) one. I say maybe because she was African American with Egyptian tattoos. She could have very well been Egyptian, but didn't look it and I didn't ask.
There are a vocal few on social media.

>t. black guy

I know one bitch who legit thinks she is a viking and posts it all the time, mostly shots from that History Channel Show. Pretty cringey, especially since shieldmaidens almost certainly didnt exist.

You're right, I was under the impression that Meso was a region that contained Egypt.

It's all over the place.

In Ukraine you've got people who were definitely, 100% descendants of the Cossacks.

In America, it's the one-twenty-fifth-Native thing.

It is, is not using his words properly
He means Sumeria
and as far as the dating is concerned, they were around the same time. Sumeria had an alphabet and Egypt had hieroglyphs

Mesopotamia literally means "land between rivers", in this case the tigris and euphrates, which does not include Egypt.

I live in America and used to work at a public pool in a poor end of town and I saw so many people with Viking tattoos, nazi tattoos, and full on murals of Irish history. Like they needed so badly to be anything but poor white people.

The Nazi guys were actually very kind, you could tell it was just a stupid phase from their youth that they regretted.

Yeah holy shit, having to argue about Egypt not being in Mesopotamia says a lot about where lit stands with nonfiction, history, and geography.

My best friend's stepdad joined the AB in prison and came out covered head to toe in their tattoos. He ended up getting them removed but then falling back in (somewhat) with AB who were released from prison. For a while it was pretty funny being seen with him, especially if we were at the beach or something.

Or that we just got baited.

Bait? On Veeky Forums? Noooo

Fair point. As if it weren't already hard enough to have a thread on lit about nonfiction.

rip history book threads

The Egyptian Book of the Dead is on Bloom's Western Canon list that he disavowed

>Ancient Egypt is more interesting than Ancient Greece.
Nah not really. They have like two good mythological stories (Osiris becoming the first mummy and Isis learning Ra's true name) (I've come across their creation myth, and maybe it's the writer's fault, but it was painfully confusing and boring), while the Greeks had material for countless epics and dramas. The art was interesting (ie, how they desired clarity above everything else, see pic related) rather than beautiful and expressive. Their history is, as far as I know, generally repetitive, only the Amarna period is interesting on some deeper level.

Egypt was a black land ruled by a black man

Library of ALEXANDRIA, the city is literally named after a greek.
And the library was even created by a greek

Most bas reliefs and paintings from ancient times look like acid trips though

I really don't get the "kangz" memers reasoning half the time

So they weren't black because Tutankhamen was genetically something else. But Tutankhamen lived 1300 after the pyramids were built. So what do the genetic tests say about Kufu or someone who actually matters?

The original Egyptians were African nomads that settled along the Nile in 5000 b.c. They didn't get into any major wars until 2200 b.c, weren't conquered until some time later and in general were fairly isolated from everyone except the Nubians.

You would have to demonstrate, or at least come up with some kind of plausible theory as to why, between this time and 2600 b.c, the race of Egyptians changed (primarily due to trade relations and immigration) to a race that wasn't black or the very least predominantly black.

Then you would have to show how, without any war, the upper class Egyptians like the Pharaohs, priests and architects were something other than black.

baby let me you straight

youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw

And they spoke Semitic language because...?

>What is the Art of War
>What is the Mencius
>What is the Spring and Autumn annuls
>What is Tao Te Ching

We could just take their artwork and the obvious features of some of their mummys.

scientificamerican.com/article/error-found-in-study-of-first-ancient-african-genome/

Or we can look at their DNA which suggests that it was mostly a population of middle easterners that settled into the Nile valley with some admixture of Nubians Berbers and Sub Saharan Africans and Greeks

>We rived in Egypt! We wruz kingz!

t. Zhang

Kys pseud

This thread is so cringeworthy.yall shud kyys

Not sure if you're the same retarded pseud embarrassing yourself throughout this thread or if you're returning the shitpost to a bad tier shitposter to bait others either way kys

>Not sure if you're the same retarded pseud embarrassing yourself throughout this thread or if you're returning the shitpost to a bad tier shitposter to bait others either way kys
>I take we wuz kangz memes very seriously

The Nile Valley was settled by Afro-Asiatic speakers with few African genetic traits. There's a continuum, and the further up the Nile you go the more black the people get.
You don't have to fixate on Egypt for there to have been kangz, though. Nubia, Ethioipia, and the Hausa kingdoms are all perfectly interesting examples of sub-saharan black-dominated states that were part of the same cultural family.