Worth it, or meme?

Worth it, or meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

schweidandsons.com/products/butchers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fries are really bad. Soggy, packed with grease, and taste kinda' like dirt.

Burgers are just as greasy, but at least you can customize them to add a little flavor. It just ends up overpriced as fuck for something that's passable. It's a meme. You might as well just go to McDonalds.

I mean, I like that you can customize the burger to whatever you want but its still fucking 8 or 9 dollars for a goddamn cheeseburger

About as good as you can make on the grill for a lot more money. It's not bad by any means, but for the price, it's not worth it. There's a variety of toppings, but really, it's bland in general.

>It just ends up overpriced as fuck for something that's passable.
>8 or 9 dollars for a goddamn cheeseburger
>but for the price, it's not worth it.
this

>You might as well just go to McDonalds.
dairy queen is better desu

>complaining about a $13 meal
poorfags leave, 5 Guys is GOAT fastfood

>wanting 1 Five Guys burger

>or 13 McChicken sandwiches

It's not exactly worth it, but I do like their burgers. It's a decent chuck burger, granted it always being sorta overcooked. Where I work (shitty minimum wage job until I get real job that i'm applying for) we have the butchers blend burgers from the same company five guys gets theirs, it's sooo much better.

schweidandsons.com/products/butchers

IDK what it is, but burgers made on a legit griddle are almost always better than regular grill burgers made at home.

Their fries are alright, although they get soggy easily so they're best consumed right away. I always get the cajun ones vs the regular ones, because they have more flavor to them.

There's one near me and I like to go every now and then, their shakes are pretty good at least.

>I mean, I like that you can customize the burger to whatever you want but its still fucking 8 or 9 dollars for a goddamn cheeseburger

is that expensive?

for what is essentially just a cheeseburger on a griddle, yes.

Well, the meat is freshly made every day, and put together by hand. I've got a friend who works there. Still though, I do find it a bit expensive, but it's still far better meat quality than what you would find at your regular fast food place.

There are a few that opened up in my city (live in Canada, west coast) and I just never bothered to go. I don't see the appeal of fast food in general. Pay high schoolers to spit in your food no thanks

it's worth trying at least once I'd say. They don't spit in your food, everythings in the open.

It's not even "fast" food though. Takes fuckin' forever sometimes, even though the food itself certainly is "fast food" quality.

Honestly it tastes like a Wendy's burger but costs twice as much. It's probably more a compliment to Wendy's.

what else would it be?

When I'm out of town my company credit card pays for my meals and I'll go to five guys if I want a cheeseburger. Sometimes I'll try a local bar or something for a burger or some new place but five guys burgers are reliable. I just don't want to pay from my own pocket for it and if I did there are none near where I live anyways. I really don't like their fries at all though. I've tried them 3 times and thrown them out every time.

>Worth it, or meme?

The food is really good, but fairly pricey and it takes forever to get your fucking order. So if you don't mind blowing your wallet wad and have some time to kill, yeah, it's worth it.

It's okay. It's an above average burger joint, and average meaning the likes of Mcdonalds, BK, Wendy's, etc. Maybe a C+, B- on a good day. The prices are absurd though. If you don't have a gift card laying around, it's not worth your time.

You know what is a meme? The hate it, or any burger slinging joint gets for that matter. I mean, it's fast food, not a steakhouse.

Jimmy Johns is GOAT and literally fast food

massive meme

meme

Should be under 7 minutes

In the context of fast food, Five Guys used to be a pretty decent option. Consider that the Big Mac is somewhere around $4.00 now for the sandwich alone, the most basic Five Guys burger which was around $5.60~ was a pretty sweet deal. Unfortunately, the price has gone up to around $6.50 now so it has lost its appeal for me.

The burger itself isn't bad. A bit too much grease in my opinion. The buns are literally soggy from the grease and the brown bags tend to be soaked at the bottom. Kinda nasty.

meme,

its literally not much better than mcdonalds

>mcchicken for me

both

Worth it on the east coast in their original market where the prices haven't become crazy.

Not usually worth it in the mid west or the west since they are wildly experimenting with prices on the high end due to hype

For Five Guys yes, for an actual quality burger no

It's okay, a little on the greasy side and the meat's a bit overcooked for me. That and it's a bit pricey. For me to get Five Guys I have to be in the mood for it specifically. In terms of the "nicer" fast food burgers I'd much rather just go to Smashburger: it's a little cheaper, not quite as greasy, and the meat isn't overcooked.

>paying $13 for a meal
Trust fund baby pls go back to brooklyn

Memeworthy

Worth it when it was 5 bucks for a burger. I walked in there a couple months ago and ended up spending 15 bucks for a burger + fires. I'm not spending that on a burger when I could buy enough ingredients to make five burgers of the same quality on my own with the same money.

Never seen an opinion so false.

You get about a pound of fries and the burger may look small but theyre really dense, nothing like you get from other chains.
Worth it as a treat but too pricey for regular eats

Worse than a meme, it's shit.

>yucky, $13 for a meal? I think I'll go have a Happy Meal McNuggie instead, that's what mommy always buys me and it's only $3!

How does it compare to Wayback burgers or Shake Shack??

Had it once, it was alright.
Don't understand why people expect a gourmet meal when they go for a chain burger.

Mediocre-ish burgers that cost more than most sit-down burgers and taste a lot worse, not that much better than regular fast food and costs over 5x as much

Wayback for me

>$13 for a meal expensive
its not like your eating out all the time right user?

It's 13 for fast food though. I can go to bobbys burger palace, get a great burger, fries and a drink, in the same amount of time as five guys takes for a 15 dollars. 2 extra dollars for better fries, and a bigger better tasting burger in the same amount of time.

>6.50
>for a 5 guys burger
Shit's like 8.75 where I live. And 3.00 for a fucking drink.

It's shit. You could make a better burger on the stove at home for cheap. The meat they use is mediocre and unseasoned.
Its a heavy meme.

Now hold up, you need to fuck right off for even saying mcdonalds, Five guys is miles in comparison better than McDonald's, and it's not even bad in the first place, it's tasty, but if you got a weak stomach or immune system, it's probably best to avoid fast food as much as possible in general.

For the price it's not any better or worse than Wendy's.

The burgers are worth it. The fries are incredibly overrated. Get a Five Guys burger and pair it with McDonalds fries.

Meme

thats how much a 1/3rd pound burger at a restaurant is that comes with fries and a pickle spear is.

Worth it only if you're not a doofus and take advantage of all their toppings.

Otherway, their burgers are forgettable but their fries are grand

If you have an In and Out, go there
If you have a Steak n' Shake, go there
If you have a Whataburger, go there
If you have a Culver's, go there

All are comparable if not better and are also cheaper. If you don't care about price, find your local meme hipster "craft" burger place. They'll be around the same price and (hopefully) much better.

>tfw the nearest Five Guys uses fucking Kraft singles for their cheeseburgers

The only thing worthwhile at 5 Guys is the fries because they hand-slam Idaho potatoes.

The burgers, while not offensive, are nothing remarkable. In fact I'd probably rather have a hot dog.

Pretty fucking awful man.

Fries are fresh, but ultra greasy. Buns are allways too small and burger falls apart.customization is nice, but I can get a better meal at whataburger for less

>Worth it
Poor people are so cringeworthy.

>t. Five guys employee

>meat is freshly made every day
the fuck are you even trying to say with this?

5 guys is a quality burger. I don't mind paying a little more for it.

My problem which keeps me from being a regular is that the toppings dont matter. Nothing you add or subtract changes the burger. If you have hot sauce, for instance, you'll barely notice it.

It's little more than a decent grilled burger steamed in foil, and the toppings add nothing.

5 GUYS IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT

Better ingredients than other fast food joints, but too fucking greasy to actually appreciate that and priced far higher than other fast food because of it. Trash tier restaurant.

they have a blender in the back they shove whole cows into

Overly greasy/soggy and feels microwaved.

Only a degenerate scum bag would ever consider eating at Five Guys.

The burgers are pretty good.

Their fries used to be something I looked forward to, but now they're more of a greasy hindrance... like most of /r9k/.

>feels microwaved
>you can literally stand there and watch them make your entire meal from start to finish

Stop lying

>double-double with both types of grilled onions, extra toasted bun, mustard fried w/o pickles with light well animal fries and a medium drink
$9.87
>bacon cheeseburger all the way with regular fries and a medium drink
$18.xx

you decide

Those would literally cost the same you retard, but in-n-out doesnt even give you bacon.
Also less fries, guaranteed.

>Also less fries, guaranteed.
At In N Out if you order fries to be cooked a specific way, such as light, well done, or what have you, they do that batch separately from the main batch of fries which are cooked standard so you end up getting probably close to double the normal amount of fries, PLUS you get the animal topping.

bacon would be nice but I'd rather cook up a package at home and bring some with me to in n out, because I could buy an entire fucking package with the difference in price.

but yeah generally 5 guys = more fries but lel soggy half the time

Getting too damn expensive. Not worth it anymore.

> I'd rather cook up a package at home and bring some with me to in n out
How old were you when they first told you about your aspergers?

It's good but the fries and drinks are a fucking rippoff. If you get a burger only get a cup of water or do it to go.

In-n-out doesn't have bread or cheese, literally shit. It's not food, if you brag about in-n-out being the best burger place you probably don't live near one

It's better than McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and the like, but not so much as to be worth the ridiculous prices they charge.

You're a faggot. They burn the shit out of their burgers. I would take a cheddar bacon uncle burger from A&W over 5 guys any day. Still shitty fries but who fucking cares when you can get delicious onion rings and the best root beer made by a major soda manufacturer.

For a few dollars more you can go to restaurant, get a nicer burger, a strong drink, and be waited on.

find my post where I claimed in n out was the best burger place

and I live near three of them

>brings his own bacon with him to in n out

I know this is 2 days old, but please kill yourself.