Why are there so few authors of note?

Why are there so few authors of note?

For postmodernism in America there was only Pynchon, Gaddis, Foster Wallace. Then lesser (crummy) ones like Delillo. If i'm being generous there are 9 postmodern American authors total, most of them shit. Why are there so few?

always report the frog

because postmodernism is literally just
>*holds up spork*
for narcissistic adults

you are an absolute retard who only listens to what people on Veeky Forums say. get out of your bubble and explore literature in a more complex way. many of the most interesting and idiosyncratic authors are those that almost nobody knows or talks about.

What about Gass? Cohen? Ashbery? You're missing quite a few buddy

Like i said, there about 9.

In a sense but all writers are narcissistic, save a few

>he's looking for fiction writers
>doesn't realize it's a philosophy and that there is a whole canon of philosophy literature on postmodernism

Yeah there's more than that, and by your choices I don't even think you were considering authors out of the Veeky Forumssphere. There exist plenty of American pomo authors who have won Pulitzers and whatnot

postmodernism is the hypertrophy of the writer's narcissism

America

are you le mad

Not saying these are all masterpieces, but this is just the last two years. You need to step outside the Veeky Forums meme circlejerk (which is easy enough to do even on Veeky Forums) and explore global lit awards, journals, and reviews.

This of course is to say nothing of great non-fiction that comes out every month.

the corrections isnt from the last 2 years; it was published around 2000 iirc

Check out Jennifer Egan, she plays with structure in an interesting way in her book

i didnt make the chart, point is if OP only looks on Veeky Forums he is selling himself short.

Coover? Barth? Barthelme? They're all major and majorly influential.

If you just want ones who produced good work there are many more.

Because, dumb frogposter, writing is hard.

underrated prose in this post

Robert Coover is a notable figure in post-modernism, but he isn't a lit meme. Are you starting to confuse Veeky Forums with the actual lit scene?

Maybe the Book of Numbers. All the rest is shiite.

Strangely true

>i read none of the rest

>My Excellent Caretaker Deserves My Entire Fortune

>Authors of note
>Post huge shit list of mediocre literally who's

Epic

>delillo
>crummy

Hm

>Delillo
>Ishiguro
>Houellebecq