Favorite fats to cook with?

Favorite fats to cook with?

Love me some beef grease. I always save some after I make mexi-dishes. Anything that I fry up with it immediately becomes delicious.

It's duck fat for me.

Bacon grease here, it's so ridiculously good with eggs. Instead of buttering the pan, just use the bacon grease. If you're a fan of bacon this is a no brainer my friends.

I like to fry cheese and collect the oil that comes out of it. It's really good but you have to eat lots of fried cheese before you get a decent amount of it

I've only recently learned that's a thing. I'm interested in getting some, for sure. I've always loved the taste of duck whenever I have had it.

I so very rarely cook eggs without cooking bacon at the same time. Often, I would cook bacon first, shred it, and then mix it up with my eggs to make bac-omelettes

By the way, does anyone know what the difference are between the two fats in the image? Is it that the top is saturated fat and the bottom is unsaturated fat?

Whaaa? I've never thought of that before. In your experience, what cheeses have been the best to do that with?

I always loved deep frying chicken in peanut oil. It smells so good.

Duck fat and goose fat are GOAT cooking fats.

Place two strips of bacon in the pan and then fry your eggs on top of the bacon. Both will finish and you'll be in a smooth and fatty heaven

Only if you're frying them, my man. If you scramble the eggs using bacon grease, it's weird and off-putting for some reason.

goose fat does something fucking magical to roast potatoes

Why cook ? Drink it

It shall be olive oil for me for a few years.
Couldnt pass up $1 a bottle

>s it that the top is saturated fat and the bottom is unsaturated fat?
yes
at room temp, saturated fats tend to be solid.

My dad fries his eggs in the leftover bacon grease all the time. It's pretty good.

>yes
>at room temp, saturated fats tend to be solid.

The hard white layer at the top is fat.

The dark brown layer below it is aqueous juices.

You are correct that the saturated fats are solid at room temp, but they don't separate from the un-saturated fats. What you're seeing here is the classic "oil floating on water".

On a similar subject, I've got a George Foreman grill and I have an idea to make margarine from the beef drippings. I've been looking at recipes that use vegetable oil and adapting one to work with the drippings, but none of the stores around where I live sell good emulsifiers.
halp plz

Why do you need emulsifiers? What exactly is it that you want to do with the beef drippings that you need to "change" them somehow?

You can already cook food in the beef drippings just like any other cooking fat. You can add it directly to baking recipes. You can make a roux with it. You can spread it on bread.

What exactly do you want to do with it that requires all this extra work in the first place?

I would say turning it from "mere" beef fat to Real Margarine, but I really just want to experiment. I've tried the pure beef fat as a spread, but it lacked something: [spoiler]autism[/spoiler].

why would there be spoiler tags on ck, you fucking moron?

>Real Margarine

You're going to need some literal wizardry there then. There's no process I know of that can convert beef fat into margaric acid, which is where the name "margarine" comes from. A spread? Sure, you can make beef fat into a spread. "Real Margarine"? No.

Secret ingredients?

because it's a standard feature of the software the board runs on and there's no good reason why someone might go through the effort to turn spoilers off.

For me it is duck fat, the best cooking oil.