One time my cousin came back from a vacation in Sweden with a bag of salmiak. My initial reaction was like, "WEW...

One time my cousin came back from a vacation in Sweden with a bag of salmiak. My initial reaction was like, "WEW. THAT'S STRONG but I kinda want to try another" and by my third or fourth piece of it I was into it.

So being that I'm an American do I get some bragging rights for the fact that I've tried salmiak and enjoy it?

What's a candy, food, or drink that most people of your culture seem to have an aversion to that you actually like?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/gb/en/products/food-beverages/sweets-chocolates-snacks/godis-lakrits-sweet-and-salty-liquorice-art-60247466/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ketchup

I've never seen anyone outside my family drink coffee black by choice. So there's that.

>So being that I'm an American do I get some bragging rights for the fact that I've tried salmiak and enjoy it?
No, you're just cringe

Anchovies

I was so scared of them because it was the go-to "gross" pizza topping in the media. I tried them on a whim and now I'm addicted

Straight up Campari. My ex is the only person I know that isn't disgusted by it

I guess you could also throw in fermented food in general. I dated a Korean and her family fed me kimchi expecting me not to like it but the jokes on them I always have a quart of it in the fridge

But I'm a flyover American so this thread probably applies to a ton of food

Marmite.
Everyone cries and says they hate it but spread a little of that pungent shit on some hot buttered toast and wa la, the best shit on toast ever.

>wa la
triggered

Faggot.

marmite is great, I put a little in my tomato sauces

Maybe they meant vegemite?

Maybe.
How different are they? I've never had vegemite, does it actually have veggies in it?

Vegemite is a bit harsher. If you're not accustom to it it is super easy to overdo it. Marmite tastes meatier to me and I enjoyed it instantly, not so with vegemite

Shrimp paste, had people flipping shit that a round eye could enjoy it, but I was raised on crustaceans of all types.

Spot on, forage fish and fermented stuff are incredible but people seem to have some weird animosity towards them.

Like smoked prats, I think they're the best thing ever but for some reason all my friends find it disgusting. I mean come on, look at these things.
Or sauerkraut. Long live sauerkraut.

>Or sauerkraut. Long live sauerkraut.
Oh shit, I just remembered I have a jar of the stuff lying under my sink from Summer.

>do I get some bragging rights for the fact that I've tried salmiak and enjoy it?

No.

That's what everyone with taste does.

>One time my cousin came back from a vacation in Sweden with a bag of salmiak
Can't you buy that stuff in Ikea by the kilo?

ikea.com/gb/en/products/food-beverages/sweets-chocolates-snacks/godis-lakrits-sweet-and-salty-liquorice-art-60247466/
Not exactly by the kilo but I think this is the same stuff.

>weird animosity towards fermented food

Because most people don't understand the process if fermenting food. Most dry and semi-dry sausages are fermented. Even authentic american Summer Sausage is a fermented semi-dry sausage.

No. That stuff is way sweeter than ordinary salmiak

most vegetables and seafood are kinda looked down upon on northern mexico where i live

getting good salty licorice here in New York is suffering

it feels stupid ordering candy off the internet, but with this stuff I kinda have to

Pinches NorteƱos. You guys will never know what it's like to have Ensalada de Camarones fresh from the salty womb of Gaia's ocean.

>NYC
What about Ikea?

El Keko..