Is quitting sugar the ultimate food redpill?

Is quitting sugar the ultimate food redpill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To middle aged soccer moms who change diet fads every 3 months, sure

I honestly think there's some validity to it.

When I looked my best at 21 - 23 (albeit that was around 10 years ago) the only sugar I consumed was from fruit and yoghurt.

Today I notice that even if I eat junk food and garbage but not much refined sugar I'll still be a lot leaner.

I'll admit it could be just the next fad. We've gone from fat to carbs to sugar.

Seems like there always needs to be a food bogeyman you need to avoid.

Yes and no. Learning to eat a small amount a day (or none) is definitely beneficial as spiking your blood sugar isn't a good thing. But cutting it out all together is unnecessary. Everything in moderation, user. The poison is in the dose.

Stopping following diet fads is the ultimate food red pill.

This a million times, nutrition is easy people are just lazy idiots.

Personally I try to avoid it like the plague, because if I eat a little bit I always end up eating a lot before I notice. Not only that, besides drinking oil or pure alcohol, its the easiest way to rack up calories quickly. I could either drink a softdrink, or have a can of black beans and some water. Its just not worth it. As for sugar as an additive to food and hot drinks, it definitely kills a lot of the subtler flavors, so I don't use it like that.

>using "redpill" unironically

Yeah but alchohol is empty calories so you can drink as much as you like

Yes, plain and simple. Find me somebody who doesn't eat white bread and refined sugars who is fat and I'll give you a million bucks.

people who used to eat a lot would be fat, but they would look kinda strong and bulky because they had mostly protein, fat and a lot of different types of food.

Nowadays people get fat because they eat mostly bread, sugar and pure fat, so you get these honey boo boo's mom looking nasty fucking people.

Try it for a week and you'll see how much better you'll feel.

Sugars, especially refined, are near useless nutritionally, so I avoid them when I can.

On a side note, I find that if I eat a dessert or something, I crave sweet stuff for days, but fruits don't do that to me.

>quitting
no
>reducing it to a minimum
yes

That's cause sugar makes your brain's pleasure centers light up, just like drugs, it's why it's so hard to cut sugar and why people crave it. Fruit has other nutrients and water in it that helps slow the absorption rate, so it doesn't trigger cravings as much.

Just get it under control.

You can just eat fruit when you crave sugar. Pound for pound, fruit is a lot cheaper than confections.

this. Just cook most of your shit yourself and it'll be hard to poison yourself with too much sugar and salt and garbage unless you're cooking with only flyover tier packaged shit.

>quitting sugar
kek no sugar's in almost everything + you need some

>avoid eating any garbage in OP pic
yup

More like learning to be aware of your glucose homeostasis and the factors that impact it.

Of course, since most of you fat fucks don't exercise, abstaining from sugar is probably best.

Why would I wish to quit a natural product that mankind has been safely using for at least centuries?

There's no need to quit it altogether, just limit yourself

Because being a fat shit with a sedentary lifestyle hasn't been cool for 600 years.

This isn't the renaissance.

>Pound for pound, fruit is a lot cheaper than confections.
>tfw on fourth day of not eating any confections

Around a year ago I also managed to cut out most sweets and replace them with healthier alternatives. I was actually feeling better during that time, had more energy and my sleeping schedule was a lot better. I felt refreshed when I woke up.

Added sugar is a legitimate problem
People shed pounds just by cutting it out

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao

I think this is something that can lead a man or woman to suicide or depression.

I dont crave sugar like most of you fat fucks

Quitting sugar?

Just stop drinking soda and fruit juice they are basically zero fiber vehicles for huge amounts of sugar

Soda is a no-go. Whilst many juices are often just as bad and even with some of the better ones you're better off just eating the fruit there are some decent juices out there in terms of flavour and health content.

I've been really in to run and coke lately, can't get enough of it. Problem is the idea of drinking a liter of coke every week disgusts me. But that's what goes with rum better than anything. What can I mix fun with instead? And don't say drink it straight, I can't quite do that yet.

Coke Zero has zero calories and no sugar and tastes virtually like regular coke when mixed with spirits so I'd say it's a better option.

They do still stick other shit in there though to make it sweet. I don't know how you feel about Ass-Party-Meme but if you're okay with it I'd say get coke zero.

It's my go-to mixer.

You don't deserve to drink rum if you don't drink it straight, you utter faggot

i like mixing it with oj

The boogeyman has always been legitimately too many carbs (i.e. sugars)
Fat is what gives food flavor and the whole low-fat "fat is bad" meme was pushed hard by marketers from sugar and corn companies

This and
This

Also, just don't buy any sweets or crisps. If you don't have them, you can't eat them.

Once you have good habits going on, the occational bicuit when visiting mum or glass of soda when visiting a friend don't matter anymore and you can stop obsessing.

Habits are easy to maintain. Strict rules aren't, though they are useful for breaking down old habits and getting new habits.

I prefer diet coke, I like the after taste. Coke Zero is okay I guess if you don't like diets taste, it's pretty different
but you know what? you can do shots and chase if you have to, and you use far less soda that way. i get that you like the taste of it
maybe try vanilla coke and rum, or coke and vanilla rum

Quitting soda will do wonders by itself