Why do people drink Lagers instead of Ales?

Why do people drink Lagers instead of Ales?

I can't imagine someone who wants a beer with less flavour

flavour can be too rich to drink many in one evening or to switch between brews

same reason people drink light beers, so they can do a lot of them in quick succession

hi /brit/

>less flavour
What kind of lagers are you talking? "American Pilsners/Lagers" are designed to be cheap to make and easy to drink, but there is a lot you can do with bottom fermenting yeast. Just for comparison's sake put a Carlsberg next to a Coors, next to a Pilsner Urquell - quite a difference in hops, sweetness, and thickness when you do the pepsi challenge with them. Darker malts and different goals develop different beers like Marzens/Oktoberfests, Bocks, Dark/Black lagers, and even Kolschs (if you consider the result of lagering an ale to be at least part lager).

Sometimes "Cleaner" just means more of the constituent parts and less of the "junk"... so more of the malt and hop flavours and less of the diacetyl and esters the yeasts are trying to clean up.

That was a well thought out, lucid, and intelligent response. Thank you.

All beers taste the same anyway

>so they can do a lot of them in quick succession

So we acknowledge that flavor or quality doesn't matter past this point, right? Why not just drink hard liquor then?

>man that house party was such a rager. I must have ingested 288 ounces of fermented rice mash.

I prefer the cleaner taste and texture of lager.

Pic related is a fantastic fucking British lager.

Tastes like chicken

>british
>lager

No, m8. Some german or czech immigrant may have brewed a lager in britain, but they damn sure weren't british.

It's the journey, not the destination.

Oh yeah, Hugh Tennent is such a German or Czech name.

The practice is originally Bavarian, and the current yeast species is probably either German or Danish, but both style and ingredients travel well.

Sometimes you just want alcohol soda with a meal/snack

because dark beer sucks

German lagers are fucking superior. The brewmasters have duped idiots like you into wanting the easier beer to make/perfect

You'll turn 21 eventually.

Dunkelbier and Schwarzbier would like a word with you.

In ze back.

Why not both?

If you like beer you get into beer moods and drink accordingly. Anybody saying X is better than Y but Z is okay sometimes is a faggot and not worth your attention.

Drink your mood, and fuck anyone that has a problem with it. Also OP is a faggot and check 'em.

why do different people like different things?
mommy why do they all laugh at me?

I blame threads like this on the mods...

I'm 24 and only drink GOOD BEER because I'm not a FUCKING POORFAG that can only afford FERMENTED CORN AND RICE MASH

fag

>i pretend to be interested in expensive beers so when I recycle my bottles I hope that people are impressed, because this is how high my social status will ever get

Similar price points for the most part, unless you're going out of your way to suckle at the teat of the veblen cash cow.

Good lagers are good. Budweiser/coors aren't good lagers. Drinking a large amount of good larger is a good experience.

Sorry....tennants is shit-tier.
Stop posting
Delete your account.

Scottish

To be more specific, or was there another referendum I don't know about?

Scotland is in Great Britain.

if i'm eating food i prefer something lighter like a lager

Tenants is shit.....even in Scotland. Innes and gunn, and Williams brothers are Scottish brewers that make decent lager. There's no excuse for tennants unless you're poor.
Nobody likes poor people

And we're supposed to get all that from "Scottish"?

Are you poor?

No, and I've never had Tennents. I'm not even British. I just don't understand what "Scottish" was supposed to mean.

Cause its actually more thirst quenching than darker brews in really warm weather.

Do you faggots even drink Yuengling?

eastcoast elite detected. good brand

Are you of the learning disabilities disposition?

i'll drink some cold spaten lager in the middle of the summer when its 110°F outside, tastes better in hot temperatures. I drink stouts/porters/ales when it's cold in the winter.

Just answer the fucking question, retard. What did you mean by "Scottish"? Did you forget that Scottish things are British?

>not drinking exclusively sours

I drop my recycling off at my sisters house you fucking retard

Miller Lite = $6.99/six pack
Local = $9.99/six pack

I didn't know a 42% increase makes them "similar price points"

>not caring about your tooth enamel and stomach lining

>drinking beer
You dropped your fucking fedora.

because i can drink them one after another quickly

lagers don't necessarily have less flavor. making that assumption proves OP knows nothing about beer. I'm out.

>associating a thousands-year-old tradition of fermenting malted barley mash with a meme less than a couple years old

Dropped indeed

You need to be 18 to post here.

7/10 b8, m8.

You ALMOST had me

>Innes and gunn, and Williams brothers are Scottish brewers that make decent lager.

They make nothing that compares with Tennents Lager. I tried a load of their stuff at the Paisley Beer Festival, it was shite.

inb4 muh Brewdog, they're shite in comparison too.

because they are plebs

or alternatively not serious beer drinkers

or alternatively not pretentious

or alternatively don't care about what other people think

That there are such clear bands between the different types is pretty surprising. Not that I disagree with it, but I would have expected more spread.

I actually bought 4 cans of brewdog ipa from sainsburys on a whim last weekend. It was OK. Nothing amazing but I liked it. Where I live though I'm spoilt for choice in the local beershop. Usually I buy surrey hills brewery stuff or hogs back.

Which local beer are you drinking? Oak casked milk stout with gold flakes.

Back to the drawing board and take your "lite" beer with you.

>muh hops so bitter it tastes like soap

Thank god this trend is ending

Eh, about 75% of our local beer is 9.99 a six pack, the other 75% 8.99.

Raleigh, NC.

Dubs don't lie.

Only problem is the green bottles make the Trad. Lager skunk way too easy. Never like that from keg or can.

I like Ales in the colder seasons, and Lagers in the warmer ones. Nothing is better than an ice cold Lager in a summer evening after a hard days work!

What are some good Carolina brews? I have yet to find a good Hefeweizen or Red Ale locally.

t. Randall Munroe

Yeungling?

Shotgun Betty from Lonerider is the only local hefeweizern I believe, but it's pretty gud. As far as red ale, none of the local breweries make a year round red ale but you might find a seasonal one sooner or later.

because we're talking about a three dollar difference you jew faggot

You all probably drink st. Helen's malted ale, pussy rich boy beer, shit makes me wanna hork