What's the best nu-chinese food and why is it sesame chicken?

What's the best nu-chinese food and why is it sesame chicken?

I'll suck dicks in an alley for kung pao chicken it's so good

I enjoyed chinese kebab sort of stuff near shanghai

You're right OP sesame chicken is the best, but the place near me seems to be the best ive ever had. From Ming Dynasty in Rocky Hill, CT

Just went with my mates to eat there last week, we got big ass scorpion bowls, one for each or us and ate like kings.

Anyways I got takeout from them on Monday, here's what I got. Purest will hate me, but hey it tastes great!

Sesame Chicken, Broccoli with garlic sauce, rice, snd crunchy noodles crushed up for that crunchy sensation. I dripped the garlic sauce over the rice to give it more flavor.

1.Orange Chicken
2. General Tso's
3. Steak Kew
4. Sesame Chicken

Facts

Nu and meme are synonymous if you are going to be this picky.

You mean beef ho fun or chow Mei fun?

Rice. Noodles.

Anyone here tried banana duck with plum sauce?

bump, i wanna talk about chinese!

Sweet and sour chicken without the sweet and sour sauce.

What's the difference between orange chicken and general tsos?
I thought they were the same thing and places just called them by different names.

Sorry user but General Tso's beats Sesame Chicken

Sesame chicken is my favorite too. For some reason I a lot of the Chinese places around here don't have sesame chicken. They have all the other typical American Chinese foods but often not sesame chicken, it's weird.

sesame master race reporting in

samosas are indian idiot

these are not samosas you stupid american.

sesame chicken is my fucking jam. runners up are general tso and orange, in that order.

Sweet and sour chicken is GOAT

I used to live in Austin, Texas and there was this convience store restaurant called "Wok'n Express". Everything they serve there is ass except for their sesame chicken and crab rangoon. Whenever I was having a bad day, some sesame chicken, crab rangoon, and a pack of miller lite would make me feel better.

I've since moved to North Carolina and nothing at any of the asian restaurants here can compare. I miss it so much.

They are completely different sauces, Orange chicken obviously features orange juice and/or orange marmalade. General Tso's strongest flavor is hoisin. Theres obvious overlap in the ingredient but they taste totally differently

The Chinese takeout in my town gives away a meal for 2 for about $5 best chinese ive ever had

how tastes chinese political opponents?

Im allergic to sesame seeds. How much am I missing? People Say it doesnt taste like anything. I Do alot of recipes that should include them without them. People still love it.

White sesame seeds have a mild flavor, they taste more strong when toasted. Sesame oil, on the other hand, is really strong. Sesame basically tastes nutty so if you can eat nuts you have an idea of what they taste like.

They remind me of sunflower seeds. Though you are probably allergic to those as well.

Does anyone know how to make takeout stuff as quickly as the takeout places do? I always end up taking like two hours to make orange chicken.

FYI sesame pork isn't bad either

They have most stuff prepared beforehand. It's basically mise en place. The chicken is cut, breaded, and frozen sometime during the week unless they're an awful place that buys disgusting infested food from Chinese restaurant food warehouses. Same with wontons, dumplings, egg rolls, etc. The meat is chopped and pearled as often as needed. Vegetables are washed, cut, and ready to be used. Rice is sitting in a rice cooker, ready to be fried to order or just placed in a container.
So to make orange chicken, they portion some chicken out, deep fry it, drain, and wok it with sauces from squeeze bottles and ladling others from large jars/containers. The pork fried rice is made in a few minutes on a hot wok with oil, and whatever portions of pork, vegetables, egg, etc. are just scooped out from a set of chilled trays while soy sauce is usually squeezed in. Broccoli should be done steaming and it's all ready to go.
If you want to do it, just prepare your chicken and sauce and freeze or refrigerate your ingredients until you want some orange chicken or whatever.
If you're taking two hours after preparing ingredients beforehand, you're doing something seriously wrong or working with bad equipment.

The better question would be the difference between General Tso's and Sesame, besides the chili pepper of the former and sesame of the latter.

Other than sesame seeds and maybe sesame oil, there is no difference. I've never seen either without chili pepper. Although, you could just tell them not to put it in.

it's clearly sesame pork with literally the same sauce that is superior.

No, it's definitely General Tso Chicken.

The basic idea of the dish is so good that it got re-imagined in a much less sweet and more spicy variation as a staple of immigrant Chinese restaurants and is commonly ordered by their predominantly first generation Cantonese immigrant patrons.

What's the Chinese style called?

Usually General Tao Chicken, rather than Tso.

The way usually see it made up here at Cantonese and Szechuan places is way less sweet, less gelatinous, more spicy, and more soy heavy than the American Chinese version.

South Windsor reporting in, what do you recommend around here? I like Yang Zi Ziang in Vernon and Honng Kong House in SW.

Ha ha I do this too. That red shit goes right in the trash.

I like burbon chicken and kowloon chicken

What does nu mean?

Nu = neue

Please tell me it's not going to be the new meme for this year.

it's ginger beef

numeme

You mean the nu-meme

I am working with bad equipment but the 2 hours is just prep work.

It's actually pic-related from the Pike Place Market which reigns supreme

genuine question, why is sales tax not included in price for food here? (i assume USA)
I encountered that practice while holidaying in the US and it seemed odd.
no regional flame wars please, just want an answer if anyone knows the purpose.

... where are you located?

so it looks like it costs less

oh, ok thought there might be something more to it than that. thanks.

Well if you want to buy the official story, it's that taxes change constantly so they don't bother with printing labels/menus with tax included.

A lot of foods are subsidised by the state so taxing them would be counter-productive. Generally, prepared foods that are served ready to eat, such as what you would find in a restaurant, are taxed and grocery store meats and produce are not. Coffee, donuts, chocolates, etc. are untaxed but that is a remnant of WWII.

I'm from California, not Washington, so it's possible that there are state laws I'm not aware of. It's likely that the Mee Sum Pastry shop just includes the tax in its advertised prices for expediency.

PEKING

FUCKING

RAVIOLI

BITCHES

>invented in America
>best chinese possible

General Tso, unless you are one of those people who sees a pepper and complains it is the ultimate food.

>Opinions
Fixed that for you.

see under
What he said. Also there is a wonderful use of dried red chili which adds an element of a nice smokiness and heat, which is why I always go with Tso.

Prices vary wildly based on city, state, and federally. They can change basically at any time and its simply not cost effective to include them in the price of pretty much anything besides gasoline.

Mala Hot Pot

>Orange above Tso's
>no Kung Pao
Kill you're self.

As a follow up, I got pic related General Tao at a Szechuan place where I am literally the only white person I've ever seen in there across several visits.

Incidentally, it was absolutely spectacular.

Sesame Chicken and just plain ol' Chicken and Beoccoli are the bomb bit my new favorite is probably boneless spare ribs. Just that over white rice is amazing. The place near me is great and also started doing boneless ribs + broccoli with garlic sauce together and it's all I ever wanted.

That's how you find the good places. At the more upscale version of these places where almost everyone there was, for example Chinese, and I ordered off the traditional menu or something very spicy, often the chef will come out and ask about the meal. The food has always been outstanding and I can't recommend these kinds of places enough. Never leave a review on gmaps or yelp because I don't want it to be spoiled by other white people who don't actually like traditional food from other cultures, but want the credit of trying it.

When i order chicken fingers, some of the local restaurants will include a small cup of duck sauce.... it is NOT pic related, and doesn't taste like ketchup like that red sauce they include with the sweet and sour chicken. Anyone know what kind of sauce this is? I can't find it anywhere else

muh nigga

Shit is cash.

Lo mein. And it had better come in that stupid fold-up takeout box.