"Exit Level Veeky Forumscore"

Anyone read of these? Anything to recommend? I fell for the Book of Disquiet meme. Dropped it. The Melancholy of Resistance was good. What else should I read?

>The Melancholy of Resistance was good
Maybe read Krasznahorkai's other books?

Well, naturally, but generally I don't "binge read" authors. MoR was the last book I read, so I'd rather not go with him again for now.

The Maimed is one of the funniest books I have ever read. That bit when the landlady tried to hold our hero's hand. The decline of his crippled friend. Everything is so dark and its wonderful.

Also get the Twisted Spoon edition over the Dedalus.

Why is The Recognitions on that chart? It's great, but isn't the whole idea of "exit-level" books that they're supposed to be depressing?

I always assumed it was meant to be the opposite of "entry-level" literature

Exit level doesn't refer to self-immolation

Skylark was excellent.

No, there was definitely a more commonly posted version of that chart that definitely referred to depression/suicide.

>the Book of Disquiet
Tell me about it user, last book I read but I have not finished it, I dont feel like I cant, the rambling is too insane, mostly because I cant get into his mind, emphatize, not even laugh, is simply boring, I enjoyed more a book by Cioran I read, On the heights of despair.

>Manuscript found in Saragossa
A pleasant read.

I've decided to keep the B of D in my BR for when I BM. I'll just open it to a random page and maybe there will be a gem I can enjoy.

Kind reminder that if you can't appreciate the fragements of Pessoa's factless autobiography for their poetic value as the beautifull fragments that they are, but instead fell for the 'read is as novel' meme, got bored and gave up on it, you digust me.

>the rambling is too insane,
Sorry, meant to type inane.

Piers Plowman was incredibly frustrating to read. Why it's on this list, I don't know. If you wanna practice your Middle English or have an intense interest in 13th c. Lit, sure. How it's "exit level" is beyond me

for me it was too identifiable and too close to my own thoughts. i've sensed it in his other works as well and it just hits too hard.
Read Journey and Stoner at least.

Petersburg!

Wait til Autumn tho for the cozy atmosphere

Journey at the end of night

WWI Part: Masterpiece
Africa journey Part: Good
USA journey Part: Good

all in all good read

That would be the "opposite of entry-level" sort, then. It's notoriously obscure.

It does though. If 'exit-level' is the opposite of 'entry-level', shouldn't this chart be all the great masters?
>Why is The Recognitions on that chart?
it's a fuck-you to whole of Veeky Forums (Otto), where everyone's a pseud writing a novel.

I'm a pseud who's not writing a novel. Checkmate papists

>It does though
No.
>If 'exit-level' is the opposite of 'entry-level', shouldn't this chart be all the great masters?
No.
>it's a fuck-you to whole of Veeky Forums (Otto), where everyone's a pseud writing a novel.
No.

Pretty sad.

I thought exit-core meant like suicide-core

>it's a fuck-you to whole of Veeky Forums (Otto), where everyone's a pseud writing a novel.

It's ironic and depressing how inherently Veeky Forums your response was to that question. That is all you have to say on it?

It did in the more commonly used chart with this title.

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would even think of it as a novel. It was never anything more than a series of disjointed fragments written as a character study of a semi-autobiographical character who has artistic ambitions and is disaffected with society at the most fundamental level. It never pretends to be anything more than what it is and calling it a meme is a knee-jerk reaction.

Id agree the war part was great but the rest imo was trash.

The only book I read on this list is Stoner. It's a good book. I guess that's all that needs to be said.

I agree with this but would offer that the end makes up for the middle.

Fuck off him going to both America and Africa is great. Can't forget the Times Square legs and bathroom or wtv it was + the african heat and humidity. The ship is decent too

Petersburg is a masterpiece

>Book of Disquiet meme
It's one of the greatest books ever published, what the fuck is wrong with you?