Is salt and pepper a meme...

Is salt and pepper a meme? Why would you only use salt and pepper on meat when there's thousands of other spices and millions of combinations? Why would you only season your meat with two of them and claim "it's all it needs"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavor#Taste
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's a meme.

>I even pepper my steak
Salt only please. If i want to add flavor I'd make a sauce.

> black pepper has a high flavor profile

Hokay fella

I season everything with this. Steak, burgers, chicken, eggs, potatoes, everything

If you don't know why salt and pepper are the two most important seasonings, then you haven't done your homework. Pepper was once the most expensive spice in the world. Even today, you can't just buy pepper berry plants like you can other herbs and spices. It's still a closely guarded industry. And salt? I can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to not know why salt is important. Yes, people eat too much salt, but that's mainly because people eat too much pre-packaged/premade foods that already have salt in them and over the course of the day, you're getting more than your daily allowance should be. Unless you eat a ton of seafood, fish, and seaweed, you'd better use some sea salt or iodized salt as seasoning, unless you enjoy having a goiter. Fucking hell, don't they teach you kids anything in school these days?

Pepper adds flavor dipshit. Salt and vinegar are the only flavor enhancers.

I sometimes put pepper on my french fries. That's prob the only use of pepper I think I really do...

degenerate

>not seasoning steaks with salt and pepper

I didn't say that it DIDN'T add flavor, I said it doesn't have a strong flavor by itself you mongrel.

Do you understand the idea of a flavor profile? Do you understand that some things have a stronger flavor than others?

Yes, I know by ADDING flavor you change the flavor the profile, while ENHANCING flavor doesn't change the flavor profile. Thus pepper changes the flavor profile by adding flavor. you dolt.

of course it's a fucking meme. who do you think owns the goddamn salt situation in the world? the fucking rothschilds and george soros. they want us to poison ourselves and turn our brains over to the zionist one world government.

Salt enhances flavor of other food.
Pepper adds mild spice and warmth that pairs nicely with most flavors.

Is it really that hard, retard?

But is also counters the flouridated water used by the Communists to spread their Marxist ideology, so there's that.

I put this on most items I used to add salt to.

Marco Pierre White approved.

Salt does not do that

>failed cooking 101
Salt and vinegar acids are the only flavor enhancers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavor#Taste

You already did.

>Pepper adds flavor dipshit. Salt and vinegar are the only flavor enhancers.
I thought MSG was considered a flavor enhancer

>Salt and vinegar acids are the only flavor enhancers

Nigga, your link says the opposite of that.

So list one that isn't a salt or vinegar like acid?

Citric acid isn't a vinegar you enormous faggot

Do you keep citric acid in your cupboard, you giant flaming ass dildo? No, in cooking you'd pretty much use lemons which add flavor and changes the dish.

Well, give the nigga credit, citric acid is, broadly, a vinegar-like acid. Assuming you mean any carboxylic acid, because you're trying to move the goal-post until you win.

In that case, phosphoric acid is an inorganic acid, so he's still wrong, and a cunt.

How many recipes do you see calling for phosphoric acid. This is Veeky Forums not Veeky Forums. Take your modern gastronomique methods and fuck off.

For something like making a burger I find that salt not only helps with the flavour, but also helps to keep the patty intact as you cook it.

It has a ton of flavour and aromatics to a dish.
That is, unless you're a pleb who's only used pre-ground crap that's lost all its flavour and aroma.

>0 recipes in the response
Correct. 0 recipes call for phosphoric acid as it's not even food since it contains no nutritional value. Now fuck off.

>Well, give the nigga credit, citric acid is, broadly, a vinegar-like acid. Assuming you mean any carboxylic acid, because you're trying to move the goal-post until you win.

No, no credit for the nigga. Nigga said "salt and vinegar acids are the only flavor enhancers." If he'd said "salt and various acids", then maybe, but salt alone is understood to be short for table salt, NaCl. And vinegar acids would come from vinegars, which are formed through fermentation. You interpreted it as "vinegar-like acids", and you're complaining about people moving goal posts?

I'm not that poster, I just had to respond because of how silly you are being.

Do you enjoy being so angry all of the time?

Yeah, I'm fucking angry all the time because my grocery store doesn't carry fucking phosphoric and pure citric acid next to the fucking fruit loops. I have to travel all the way to the fucking community college chem department to beg and plead for basic food ingredients.

Citric acid is available in the canning section of even fucking wal-mart, dickwad. If you want other chemicals, there's a good chance your local brew supply store will have them. Christ, are you a grill and it's your time of the month?