ITT: Post your Veeky Forums evening

ITT: Post your Veeky Forums evening

are you planning on shoving that "Marpacio" up your ass?

what the fuck man

at least he's gonna wrap it up

stay safe kids

Reck

rude

And maybe he's planning on using that other condom to penetrate the book ahahah

Get it??

Talk about the book sucking iykwim (if you know what I mean)

Is it a ...hard read? ;-)) fav reading position???

>translated books

hahaha XD XD

>Not the King James Version

You know, I considered getting that version first, but the Lisa Ann model was calling me.

>not the new oxford annotated bible
Why bother?

>not the didache bible

lmao @ ur life

There's no reason for going with it.

what is this board's obsession with phallic objects

This thread is making me giggle like a damned idiot for some reason.

>A Void

patrician af senpai

Do all fleshlights make the lolwut face, or just this one?

Thanks man
Gonna read Revenentes next and then Life because so far A Void is turning out fucking 10/10. Kinda gimmicky and obvious at points (auditory organs, really?) but both Perec and the translator did a fantastic job of making a great book out of what could have been just a cheap novelty

>marcepan

szanuje, patrycjusz/10

>tłumaczenia z języka angielskiego
czy ty w ogóle próbujesz

Is it good? I avoided buying it because it looked like a gimmick. A gimmick translated into English, which is even weirder.

I now know how to say patrician in Consonantese

It's legitimately a great postmodern detective story. It's impressive but you pretty quickly forget about it except at choice parts, and the concept of something being missing but not being able to place what it is becomes a central point of the book

All in all, yes, do read it

a tecze grawitacji czytales? Dobre sa te tlumaczenia pynchona?

God tier taste t.b.h.f.a.m

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It was in a charity shop for 50p. Oh well, maybe one day I'll see it again...

serce rosnie. myslalem, ze jestem san na lit

Oh definitely, I got that Vintage copy for 6.50 at the first bookshop I went to, you'll certainly find it online even if you can't get it in person

>posting on an English forum
>still reading English books translated into your shitty language

wew, I seriously hope none of you are actually doing this.

Ah, but I only ever buy from charity shops. I get the thrill of the chase and starving orphans get a goat to help them build a well or whatever plus it's super cheap

why would you masturbate with a condom on

you fucking virgin

Fair enough
But fuck the orphans and their goats too and just read the damn book

(And also anything else by OuLiPo)

>No glasses or banana on your fleshlight

OuLiPo is patrician literaturę. Debate

No dispute from me

ur my fav user of them all.

>tfw I have the same fleshlight

My nigga

>he reads Cervantes, Dante, Homer, Virgil, Ovid, Proust, Tolstoy, Dostoievski, Gombrowicz, Kafka, Goethe, Baudelaire, Bolaño, Borges, Saramago, Kawabata, Mishima, Oe, Nietzche, Assis, Stendhal, Mann, Broch, Bulgakov, Tchekov, Rosa, Camões, Seneca, Buzzati, Calvino, Pessoa, Musil, Svevo, Pavese, Tanizaki, Canetti, Flaubert, Rilke, Moliere, Carpentier, Plato, Hesiod, Petrarca, Boccaccio, Ariosto, Ibsen, Lorca, Puchkin, Cortazar, Descartes, Schopenhauer, Gide, Fontane, Kundera, Satre, Camus, Zola in english

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pleb

the difference is he's posting on an english language website. no excuse for reading translated english books

>i don't eat swiss chocolate because i can't identify switzerland on a map

what the literal fuck are you talking about? if i had the ability to post on a russian website i would read Dostoyevski in russian. it boggles my mind that these people don't apply their skills

what do the "E"s refer to?

Happy that the children are occupied by /lite/.

The letter is missing throughout the book, has something the do with the jews disappearing during WW II

What is this Lisa Ann version of the bible you are talking about?

i'm sure that's the only thing stopping you from reading dostoevsky in russian

Fleshlight op here, was supposed to be a reply to , but I funked it all up.

I'll never top this legendary pic.

It would have been a great joke to be frank, shame you fucked it up

Book is written entirely without the use of the letter "e" (most frequently used letter in the English language, so kudos to the translator)

The King James fleshlight is GOAT

you are fucking dull aren't you? if i had the language skills that allowed me to write and read on a russian website, then i would use those skills to read dosto in russian.

similarly people here that have the ability to read and write in english SHOULD read english books untranslated.

i'm not going to respond again because your limit cognition skills are annoying me

are you a literal retard?
you better be

are you? if u have the skills why not fucking use them. fuck off liberal beta nu-male

>fuck off liberal beta nu-male
amerilards, not even once

>i can type simple sentences on an online forum and read maymays posted here coherently ergo i can easily read and fully understand foreign literature
what is this

cuck confirmed
its called challenging yourself by applying your base knowledge.
>fully understand foreign literature
wonderful strawman

liberalism is destroying intellectualism

how is liberalism even related

not that guy, but honestly just kys you worthless piece of trash

>its a "amerifat gets triggered because of translations" episode

you hate us because you aint us.

whether you're a shitskin in mexicant, some irrelevant shithole in s. america, or a literal european cuck getting raped by mudslimes, you wish you were american

>you wish you were american
>wishing to be obese
>ever

mudslimes > niggers

obesity is higher in central and south america.

>amerifailures tries to argue
>gets triggered

man, so pathetic

be honest, you wish you were american. its ok you're anonymous here

>false democracy
>worldwide exploitation
>24/7 surveillance
>hollywood
a land of obese sheep

I'm not American you stupid fucking mongoloid.

But America is in fact the greatest country in the world and in my opinion the greatets country of all time.
Anti-Americanism is directly correlated to Anti-Intellectualism and general stupidity but that's a topic for another post.

Just HOW did you make the conclusion that the other poster and me are Americans?
It is widely known that translations are always bad and should be avoided at all costs.
Foreign books like stuff from Dostoevsky or Proust are exceptions but luckily for us, the majority of worthwile literature was written in English.
Dubbed movies are unwatchable because the subtext gets butchered in the translation. Why shouldn't the same apply for translations of books?

>it's a "Eurotrash is mad because he is too stupid to learn English, the easiest language in the world" episode
wew

I'm sadly a German, fwiw.

just how mad can you be amerigays?

I actually agree.

My biggest goal in life is to become an American.

Greatest country of all time.

I'm so obsessed with the US, I think about it every day desu.

no.

Hollywood is cool and other countries deserve to be exploited for being Anti-American

>Anti-Americans are too stupid to read

lol

>a german cuck
o wow, what a shock

>implying dostoyevsky is any more challenging than online forums

American here, California to be specific.

I recently visited San Francisco and it smells like shit all the time because of homeless people defecate everywhere.

Black people are the fucking worst.

What's a good European country to move to?

>bottled water
What's wrong with the tap or do you like being the destroyer of worlds?

because translated books are sometimes the only option. we already know we're losing much in the translation

>omg they hate us we must kill them

Why isn't trading citizenships legal, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So many anti-American cucks want to move out of the greatest country of all time

Meanwhile all I want in life is to BECOME an American

UNGRATEFUL FUCKS

SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD KILL ALL ANTI-AMERICANS

FUCK THAT WOULD FEEL SO GOOD

AMERICA

THE GREATEST COUNTRY OF ALL TIME
BY FAR
BY FAR
BY FAR

but how did he make the jump to Americans?

probably just typical Yuropoor inferiority complexes, heh

This. Anti-Americanism is the biggest indication of pseudility there is. It's predicated on lies, stereotypes, and half-truths.

dostoevsky is russian and irrelevant to this thread

did you even read the thread Anonymous?

thanks man

pls give me advice on how to become an American

my best plan right now is to find an American qt to marry for a green card

retarded people here tend to be american, sorry we're conditioned.

>Jeff Mangum Died For Your Sins
the irony

>American qt
good luck, if you are black you may have a chance tho
but I guess american women aren't used to see thin white guys, so who knows?

Americans are on average smarter than Europeans simply for them being more American than Eurotrash

they are talking about books written in english translated to other languages. the assumption is that everyone posting on an english-speaking forum already knows the language well enough to read literature written in english. no one mentioned knowing enough russian to read dostoevsky??

fuck off I was asking for advice from Americans, not Anti-American human waste like you

holy shit hahahaha

see

I don't understand all the hate
If you are more confortable with one language why not use it to read? Especially for more complex authors like Pynchon. You do lose some of the "poetry" in the text, but you gain a lot more because you actually understand more of the vocabulary used. If you are able to shitpost in english doesn't mean you can read fucking Joyc ein english and I see "translation hate" all the time in this board

Also, in the case of Pynchon, "imagery", structure and ideas are more important than puns and wordplay
>b-but my batman wayne

not the ones on the 4chans mrburger

It's easier if you have a family member who happens to be American (spouse included), or you've some employment opportunity in the US. Or you could just hop on a plane and come over. Congress is too cucked to approve of any mass deportation program. My cousin's husband is Irish and he was living in New York illegally for years before they got married.

It's a baitvsbait thread. Leave.

just look up every single word you don't know

how else are you gonna get better at English?

But I guess some people don't want to achieve native/near-native levels of fluency in English, they're probably Anti-American trash though

i am corrected. apologies

>they don't want to get better at my language the degenerates !!! :@@