Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland - which is more lit?

Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland - which is more lit?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/My-Only-Crime-Was-Loyalty/dp/1502949156/ref=la_B00OW8L7JO_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472073837&sr=1-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

norn iron is ginger serbia tier

which is more literature? uhh

you new here?

I think that rock should read LONDONderry.

republic obviously

Ireland has been shit after Joyce and he died 9 years before the Republic was formed.

The answer is neither.

Loyalists even call it Derry in their songs. Saying "Londonderry" in conversation is at best pedantic and at worst going out of your way to start shit.

Might want to check your dates there...

Can someone give me a good example of Hun writers?

Are there any?

All of England mate.
Name one good taig.

inb4 muh ulster-scots

heaney

Beckett

just did

Yeats

I'll be more specific. Northern Irish unionist writers.

Yeats was a big prod. I don't think you can divide Irish writers by religion, but they can be divided on Loyalist/Republican lines.

Loyalists can't read so they don't write.

>loyalists can't read so they don't write

when will there be a novel of a man who spends his days demanding the butchers apron fly from anywhere he can physically hang one, then spends his nights painting kerb stones and shooting teenagers for selling dope?

Remember, Ireland didn't become a republic until fifteen years after it gained its de jour independence.

>loyalist v republican
that doesn't really work m9 because a lot of the earlier revolts were anti-republican. the confederate wars and flight of the earls is hard enough without pointing out cromwell was a republican.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contention_of_the_bards

it's much easier to just count it as one island that occasionally sends spergish or silver tongued missionaries for more books when assessing it as a collection of literature. swift reads just as well if you think catholics should eat babies or he was joking.

>independence of the day

The guys shooting teenagers for selling dope and drugs are namely RAAD. I trust you know what that stands for?

It means you're only seeing one side.

>ireland has degenerate killing clubs

based desu

Historically, the south has far better lit but in recent years more emphasis has been given to northern writers because of muh troubles and the aftermath of all that hope and history rhyming shite.

Right now I don't think anyone on this island is producing anything good.

is mccabe dead? i don't want to look

Sinead Morrissey, Ciaran Carson and Paul Muldoon are pretty good. I also like John Montague, it'll be sad when he dies

I'm Irish and I never read Irish writers anything good nowadays other than what's listed above?

bit thits jist arr cul-char an belfost hum-ar

they generally don't stick around at school as it gets in the way of working in industries that no longer exist

I love you guys. I had no idea that it was physically possible to build a bonfire this big without burning down the whole fucking city. I can only imagine the fumes that come off the tires and painted wood pallets.

kawn-sur is good for kulchar

>no surrender, no surrender, no surrender to the IRA scum!

Amazing. I wish we had a such a feisty and colourful relationship with the Quebecois, then maybe Canada wouldn't be full of cucks. Seriously though, someone tell them not to burn paint, that's bad for you.

>Tfw you think both sides of the coin are absolute scum
>Tfw you spend almost every day fucking dumbass European university exchange students thanks to having one of the few good/attractive accents to exist on this god-forsaken island

Which accent? Can't be Ballymena, (Chavvy) Belfast or Cork.

wtf I hate loyalists now

Czech m8.

amazon.co.uk/My-Only-Crime-Was-Loyalty/dp/1502949156/ref=la_B00OW8L7JO_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472073837&sr=1-1

>Cork
you don't need to be this gel you weren't graced by god.

Glad I don't sound like an 18th century snaggletoothed highwayman desu.

nice trips but 18th Century highwayman is fap material the world over. why do you think UCC keeps the pirate flag?

there is something roguish about cork lads, and irish lads are generally very roguish