Do you have any tradition meals?

Do you have any tradition meals?

I was never close with my father, and he died, every night after work he would have a sandwich consisting of Wonder Bread (what he called "the good bread") with mayo on one slice and mustard on the other, three slices of olive loaf, and regular potato chips on top

I have this sandwich once a week in an attempt to understand him a bit more

Other urls found in this thread:

davescupboard.blogspot.com/2010/02/unspeakable-banner-sausage.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did he ever beat you with jumper cables?

Heh, olive loaf was my dad's favorite lunch meat when I was a kid, too. He's pretty old now, and mainly eats turkey sliced at the deli or roast beef on his sandwiches.
But man....those old days when we'd have sandwiches for lunch, dad always LOVED olive loaf. Back then we bought our bread from the neighborhood bakery, so it would be either white bread or pumpernickel (Dad would usually buy a loaf of both), and he'd put mustard on one side and that funky "sandwich spread" on the other (you know, that Kraft stuff that has pickles in it), two slices of olive loaf, and usually some sliced cheese (he'd use whatever was already opened, usually cheddar or gouda). And then he'd make another half-sandwich the same way, but with just one slice of olive loaf.
I still buy olive loaf occasionally (about once or twice a year) just for the nostalgia bomb.

I have never had olive loaf I am a fan of the mac and cheese loaf that's basically the same thing though

/feels
I feel your pain so much
Just wanted you to know that before this thread gets flooded with faggots that pretend they've been eating free range organic vegan caviar their whole lives and try to make you feel bad.

I can't say that it sounds appetizing to me, but it does seem like it'd be very filling.

When I was a kid, I often went to the Cordova Dragway with my dad on the weekends. After a night of watching drag racing (and sometimes participating), we'd stop by a gas station on the way home and pick up a Totino's pizza, which I heated up right after we got back.

We had pizza from plenty of other places during my childhood, of course, but for whatever reason it was always Totino's when we were coming home from the dragway.

I've never mentioned it to him, but I think he'd remember if I asked.

Is olive loaf pretty much bologna with olives in it? I've never had it.

Usually I make grilled cheese with actual cheese, sourdough, and a little mayo on the inside.
Sometimes I'll get Wonder Bread and Kraft singles just because that's how Mom made them.

My dad ate this disgusting cat food looking shit and died from vascular disease. I don't really share many of his tastes mine are much more similar to my mom's but I married a girl who loves meat & potatoes just like my dad. She doesn't eat potted meat or vienna sausages though.

If I feel nostalgic for my dad sometimes I'll have some braunschweiger, which he did like but I think he liked potted meat because it was sort of "single serving" and didn't go bad or need to be refrigerated. He probably would have liked foie gras but to my knowledge he never tasted it.

Spam is better

Better than potted meat? Undoubtedly. Spam can be seared

You could try to fry up potted meat, I guess, but I suspect it would end up much like Banner sausage.

davescupboard.blogspot.com/2010/02/unspeakable-banner-sausage.html

Looks more like a bastardised mortadella to me.

>I married a girl who loves meat & potatoes just like my dad
I don't know why but this fills me with jealousy

Well she's easy to cook for even if it is kinda boring

do you know what a period is?

>>>/reddit/

I was actually lying, I just wanted to give this thread a little more weight, my dad is still alive

First reply nails it.

>Do you have any tradition meals?

My parents were post-WWII Polish immigrants and my dad _LOVED_ flaczki (tripe soup) and mom would make up a huge witch kettle of the stuff (stinking up the entire house) and freeze portions in pint sized Tupperware containers, so dad could microwave them all week long.

I absolutely hated it and refused to eat any and my dad would tease me about it mercilessly, laughing drunkenly as ate his gross cow stomach soup.

Growing up and during the summer, I had no one to watch me so I was always hanging around at the tattoo shop my father started at, he'd usually take me to the Elysian[spoiler]used to be bar in seattle[/spoiler]for a Rootbeer and Fish & Chips.

ok spoiler fuck you too.

your dad is cooler than you, fag

just edit your post my dude

edit: corrected my drunken spelling lol

My dad is cooler than EVERYONE, gaylord, especially you.

underrated

Billy.
It's a dish made by my turn-of-the-century Dutch immigrant family back in their sod house on the Nebraska homestead days. Consists of a cherried ham and a raisin bread pudding. We have it every Christmas.

He's not cooler than the dude that comes over and plows your mom.

So shitty food thread?

He IS the dude who comes over and plows my mom. They've been married over 50 years. They have had a better life than you'll ever have, sad user.