Is absurdism merely the 'just b yourself' version of nihilism for happy normies?

Is absurdism merely the 'just b yourself' version of nihilism for happy normies?

Do you know WHAT TIME IT IS?

1:45 at night senpai

Pretty much

>mfw a bunch of fags sit near me

Its underdeveloped existentialism.

Is having a healthy childhood/family the answer to all existential problems?

how is it underdeveloped/

If absurdism is merely the 'just b yourself' version of nihilism for happy normies, what would be the "GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD" version of nihilism for unhappy robots?

Absurdism is the version of nihilism that allows for hope and making it easier to find meaning in life and death. Nihilism is usually cancerous or boring.

No.

lolwut
If anything it exacerbates the problems.

The whole point of Absurdism is accepting that there is no hope. Acknowledging that we live in a hopeless world while continuing to live and experience as much as we can would be the act of rebellion that he explains.

Through rebellion we attain freedom which fuels passion for life.

Please reread your post.

Ah, what's wrong with it? Still reading up on absurdism so I may have gotten a thing or two confused.

Depending on who you are, having a family could be the cause of a lot of your existential problems.

>it easier to find meaning
Absurdism doesn't propose finding meaning. At least Camus' absurdism simply says to 'rebel' against the fact that the world is meaningless

I don't see how it makes sense. First you say there is accepting that there is no hope. But, if there is light at the end of the tunnel as suggest in your last though, and we know this from the outset, how do eschew hope?

You're allowed to find your own meaning and it can be as well thought out or as whimsical as you like. Live how you want and die how you will, there's probably no sense in any of it anyway so die young, die old or anything else; make what you have worthwhile. Let no one take it from you, unless of course you want them to.

>You're allowed to find your own meaning
No you're not, the universe is inherently meaningless in absurdism, there is no meaning to find or create. You are just supposed to live as though there were, in rebellion

Are you confusing it with existentialism?

>>You're allowed to find your own meaning
>You are just supposed to live as though there were, in rebellion

By passion I didn't mean theres light at the end of the tunnel. Camus often expressed that there is no escaping death and we will never know for sure if there is life after it. He tends to lean towards that there is no life after death.

To escape hope is simply an act of acceptance. Accept that we all die, and continuing to live on despite this fact is part of this rebellion.

Revolt, Freedom, and Passion are Camus' three consequences.

"Revolt gives life its value"

"there is no future. Henceforth this is the reason for my inner freedom"

"The meditation on the absurd returns at the end of its itinerary to the very heart of the passionate flames of human revolt"

abusrism
if life does't atter then neither should this question.

now take your pants off and put them on your head and run around, becuase thats what life amounts to any ways

/thread

I think they're actually different, I'm not trying to be pedantic here. You never win in absurdism, you never arrive at meaning, hence the name itself, existence is absurd, and suicide is the only question that matters. According to Camus the answer is to say fuck it and live anyway even if you can't have meaning. He even thinks you should be ethical.

To be honest I have always found this formula a bit incoherent. I guess he is saying live your life in eternal rebellion against its senselessness. He did reinterpret that myth about the dude bringing the boulder up the hill every day, and proclaim that we must imagine him to be happy, if that doesn't illustrate the impossiblity of meaning I don't what does.

I think yours has more rules, which I don't think is the point. Be happy, be free, be fearless.

Go down whatever rabbit hole you want or as OP said 'just b yourself'. If yours is a revolution and mine is stroll it makes no difference unless one of us decides so for ourselves.

I wasn't proposing that in the slightest as how I see things, that's just what I got from Camus

lol

>live your life in eternal rebellion against its senselessness
v. apt summary of him desu

Nihilism: There is no meaning to anything
Absurdism: There is no meaning in searching for the meaning of anything