If I am going to make a cake x3 times bigger than in the recipe, should I also adjust time and temperature for baking?

If I am going to make a cake x3 times bigger than in the recipe, should I also adjust time and temperature for baking?

And also, I have underestimated the amount of dough I need, would it be okay to use flour of the same type yet different manufacturer to produce more?

Other urls found in this thread:

epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-glaze-231045
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody cares about desserts.

So you just could not hold onto it?

Fucking bump

Time yes a bit, but not temp

bake it for however long the recipe states, then keep checking every few minutes til it's done.

yes you should be fine.

Depends on the size of your pan(s)
Different manufacturers shouldn't matter, I doubt there would be a noticeable difference in the finished product

Okay, it is in the oven, 25 mins to go.
But how do I achieve perfect smooth chocolate surface for my cake?

bump

The rule is, 3 times bigger, 3 times higher temp dummy.

Which scale, Celsius or Farenheit?

Make chocolate ganache. 2:1 milk: chocolate

probably want to make a ganache

kelvin
duh

Just make more cakes.

Okay, I have applied chocolate and pudding, and suddenly, my cake is not well-baked inside.
What do?

My plan: keep it in fridge till tomorrow, then detach the top and put it once again in the oven. Any netter ideas?

buuuuuump, when it was 3 times smaller, it was perfect.

Yes. Cook it 3 times longer and have your oven 3 times hotter.

are you cooking it all in one pan? that will probably not work out very well.

as long as you use the same type of flour (ap, cake, bread, etc.) and mix well you should be okay.

>But how do I achieve perfect smooth chocolate surface for my cake?
epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-glaze-231045

Always use the knife test with cakes. Put a knife in it, if it comes out clean it's cooked, if it comes out with mixture attached it needs longer in the oven.

you could probably scoop out the middle parts that are undercooked, then take the good parts and form them into a smaller, but fully cooked cake. once it's covered in icing no one will ever know.

>would it be okay to use flour of the same type yet different manufacturer to produce more?
Are you fucking retarded?

>If I am going to make a cake x3 times bigger than in the recipe, should I also adjust time and temperature for baking?

No - if you have 3 times as much ingredients or want to make 3 times as much cake you do it in 3 batches. Cooking time, temperature, mixing ingredients etc do not scale up nice and neatly when it comes to baking or cooking.

It's really dependent on a wide variety of factors. Some cakes simply don't work outside a small size range. Most of the time you'll want to keep the temp the same, at least at the start, but bake longer - and that extra time is not only proportional to size but also affected by the type of cake, the size and type of oven, etc. So the solution is to get a thermometer (cakes and breads generally are done in the mid 90C range)

OP here again, my cake was a failure.
Yesterday I had already put on the puddgin and chocolate just to discover, that my cake is raw inside. So, today I have scrapped the topping off and baking my cake once again. Baking already for 40 minutes with the same (200C) temperature, still raw.

If I fail miserably, I'll buy a cake in the shop and deal with it.

Here's my abomination. Should I cut it in three and cook again, or is it beyond saving?

sous vide it

I hope that's a girl cause I wanna fuck it

I have no such possibility.
So, cutting it, even in four?

Okay, I've cut my cake in four, let it bake for more 20 mins and I think I have actually saved it.
10 more minutes on lower temp so it becomes crispy just a bit.

That is fine.
I'm okay with the events that are unfolding currently.
That's okay, things are going to be okay.
>picrelated
Well, now it is baked, yet edible.

Jesus christ dude

it sure as hell looks ugly, I hope you're not going to be serving that to anyone. If it's just for you though, well done!

Lol, going to serve this to two my friends, and this was the point I've invited them. Should I also consider buying an extra cake in case they would not make themselves eating this one?

When I first made this cake, everything went smoothly fine (except I still don't know how to apply chocolate properly). Yeah, making it 3 times bigger was a bad idea.