When's the last time you had your national dish, Veeky Forums?

When's the last time you had your national dish, Veeky Forums?

Do you like to eat it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_dish#By_country

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_deer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Canada
>Kraft Dinner

Holy shit, my sides

Had Mac and Cheese 2 nights ago senpai

I think here in México is chile en nogada, I have never tried them, I asked my mother once as a child if I could tried and she said it was horrible and if I wanted to eat chiles rellenos it might as well be of cheese and not meat. I kind of agree now.

>cucked so hard your national dish is a mass produced product from another country

Last Monday

Reminder that Trudeau is Castro's bastard

>A national dish is a culinary dish that is strongly associated with a particular country
>apple pie
what

"as American as apple pie" is a familiar phrase in the US

yeah in the us maybe

Canada's favorite snowboarding instructor

I am almost certain you are from Britain because nobody else cares

wrong

prove it pussy

why should i bother?

Germany, had Sauerbraten on December 25th.

because someone on the internet thinks you are being weird

Burundi: Elephant Soup

Explain yourself Burundi

someone must be retarded then

This is the part where you explain why apple pie is not a national dish of America and why you care so much

>
i never heard anyone associating the usa with anything but burger or bbq.

>why you care so much
why are you so defensive?

What game is this?

Cucksucker Kangz 2, the favorite of cucks everywhere.

>i never heard anyone associating the usa with anything but burger or bbq.

you must not know much about the US then

Chaucer wrote an apple pie recipe in the 14th century.

>>i never heard anyone associating
>you must not know
i guess i was right

...and?

?

also nanaimo squares

i make bomb ass nanaimo squares

i eat pasta almost daily and pizza once a week.

Will burgerblobs ever cease their hand quivering obsession with Britain?

>borscht

I genuinely don't get it. What a lackluster dish.

Im American, so for me it would have to be the McChicken, im eating one right now.

I can't decide who has the better national dishes between Vietnam and Hong Kong

>The Netherlands
I don't even know what national dishes we have. Mash pot? Absolutely hate it.

I do love soused herring though and it's almost herring season.

I haven't eaten mole in years.
t. Mexican

The horse kind?

top right looks like paul dano

I make Poutine like three or four times a year probably.

>Nanaimo Squares
BARS
Nanaimo Bars.

Germany is all kinds of fucked up, nobody eats Eisbein, Sauerbraten and Sauerkraut where I'm from.
But I'm making Pumpernickel with smoked ham right now. That is very Westphalian. Tastes alright.

French-Canadian here
>had poutine on new year's eve
>had tourtière on Christmas eve

Been a while since I've eaten a Nanaimo bar, butter tart, or KD (lol) though.

By the way, best poutine in the world is at Pizza Italie in Gatineau, QC (just across the river from Ottawa proper).

This sort of shit is what I cite whenever someone suggests we'd be better off without Quebec

>Nobody eats Sauerbraten where I'm from
>Westphalian
We really dont belong in the same federal state

German here, had a Currywurst yesterday and sauerbraten a couple of weeks ago. And Sauerkraut is one of my favourite foods.

Polish-American here. Had both Perogi and Apple Pie on Christmas.

And grandma is making stuffed cabbage for Sunday dinner this week. Fuck yea stuffed cabbages

zählt eigentich auch Schnitzel zu unseren Nationalgerichten?

Da alles derivate vom Wiener Schnitzel sind geht diese Ehre, glaube ich, an die Österreicher.

Your mother has shit taste

classic

Ich glaube nicht, der wiener schnitzel kommt ja aus Österreich.

>Finland: Karjalanpaisti, Mämmi, Sautéed reindeer

Literally can't even remember, probably a decade ago or something like that. Karjalanpaisti and mämmi are both meh and if I make sauté with mashed potatoes I substitute reindeer with red deer because reindeer is expensive as fuck.

>reindeer is expensive as fuck.
take gun
go hiking
carry it back in your backpack

>reindeer
>carry it back in your backpack
2/10 had me replying

I don't live near reindeers and I don't own a gun so that actually sounds pretty expensive.

Scandinavian reindeer are smaller than European deer, both the domestic ones and the wild ones. An adult human male has no problem carrying the max 50-60 kg of meat you get from one in a backpack.

Where is your sense of adventure

>European deer
The roe deer is a relatively small deer, with a body length of 95–135 cm (3.1–4.4 ft), a shoulder height of 65–75 cm (2.1–2.5 ft), and a weight of 15–35 kg (33–77 lb)
>Scandinavian reindeer
The females usually measure 162–205 cm (64–81 in) in length and weigh 80–120 kg (180–260 lb).[34] The males (or "bulls") are typically larger (to an extent which varies between the different subspecies), measuring 180–214 cm (71–84 in) in length and usually weighing 159–182 kg (351–401 lb)

>argentina
>asado, locro, empanada, milanesa, choripan

I just had an erection

You attacked so it's literally your job to provide proof.

>roe deer
Whiny little rat deers. I'm talking about normal deer: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_deer
I wrote european because there's a regional size difference not because I meant another deer species.

And the weight I calculated is after you butcher the animal. You don't tie the whole carcass to your back, you cut out the meat and organs and bring it back in game bags. The game bags you put in your backpack.

How is this not logic to you?

>Argentina:
>Asado: on christmas day
>Empanada: can't remember, I got bored with them and barely eat them anymore
>Locro: on the independence day holiday, while visiting my parents
>Milanesa: last night, actually
>Choripán: also, christmas day

Serbian here, interestingly our national dish are burgers (pljeskavica), also bean stew.

I checked out Andorra's escudella on Wikipedia and the image for the meat used is this.

Someone has shaped that black pudding at the top into the shape of a dong

>Sauerbraten
last friday, on christmas eve and I was about to go and buy the ingredients for one next week

>Kraft's Mac & Cheese is a Canadian national dish

>USA
>Apple Pie
>Buffalo wings
>Fried Chicken
>Hamburger
>Hot Dog
>Mac n Cheese

Wow they got us pegged.

The irony about France is that its real national dish is a steak with fries

I'm pretty sure that saying is supposed to be ironic. Like "pulling yourself up on your bootstraps".

>Brazil

made rain cakes a few hours ago
whole batch is gone

and yes , i know Wikipedia says our national dish is feijoada but that's the southwest's dish , you see , brazil is a country with regions different from eachother , very , very different from each other at that , and my region's second most famous dish is probably rain cakes

This.
The most famous regional dishes from the part of Germany I'm from are cooked kale and Labskaus and I had kale a couple of days ago.

Apple pie makes perfect sense. What kind of stupid argument is this? Apple Pie or Burger would both work. Fucking hell Veeky Forums

You should have specifically said red deer from the start, the term deer is usually reserved for the roe deer around here. "Red deer" are referred to with another term.

I haven't had sauerbraten since I was a child, when my more German extended family came for a holiday and made it. I do love my pork and sauerkraut though.

>the term deer is usually reserved for the roe deer around here
How the hell was I supposed to know that? Red deer is the typical deer people associate with the term deer anywhere in Europe, and I think the term whitetail deer is the most common and most similar species in America.

Roe deer are baby-sized. If I talked about blondes, would you naturally assume I was talking about Tyrion Lannister?

Fusion cuisine of the two most useless nations on earth.

I had chicken wings a few days ago, but I think I'll have them again tomorrow. Fucking love chicken wings.

>Canada
>Kraft Dinner

I'm fucking done

GET OUT OF MY STATE RHEINLANDERS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>How the hell was I supposed to know that?
well since you seem like such a know it all everybody assumed you simply knew everything

Roe deer detected. Back to the woods with you.

Nah, I think just about every country in northern Europe has their own apple pie. Much more uniquely American are things like cherry pie which have such soft filling you have to eat them with a spoon. Never seen anything like that here.

Anyway
>stamppot
Had some a month ago. Never make it for myself as I can't be arsed to peel potatoes and in general I find these dishes too heavy.

France, had crêpes three weeks ago, pot-au-feu one week ago, technically had a mini-macaron as a decoration piece on a pastry two days ago, never had bisque, I'm picky with seafood.

But while we may have 4 national dishes listed in this article, none of them are worthy of that title. It should be daube or bouillabaisse. Cucked by the north again!

Nanaimo bar: 1 year
Poutine: 2 weeks
Butter tarts: years
Kraft dinner:3 days
Tortierre: 1 week.

they must have a really large pot..

>meat pie
what kind of pie?
what kind of meat?

neither matter as long as you arn't some vegetable eating melbournite, fuck yea Australia

european autism

holy shit are these euro's serious lol holy shit

About......

burger, wings, mac & cheese, and apple pie on inauguration day! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

>Swedish ostkaka

Had no idea this was considered one of our national dishes, but it's probably among the most delicious things in the world to me. Not sure if it's even available abroad, but it's warmly recommended.

>ostkaka
translated from my language these words mean east poop

That word isnt unheard of (although quite uncommon) in sweden either, but it's pronounced differently than "kaka" which simple means "cake" or "cookie"

>stamppot
Ah, yeah. Love the stuff. The best way to eat it imo is 'boerenkool met rookworst'. (curly kale mashed with potatoes and served with a smoked sausage)

last night.
double cheeseburger on a nice roll

>stamppot

that's called champ and me mam made it for me regular

>north korea
>national dish includes dog meat

top puf

>Scotland
>No deep fried foods listed